Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sleep Pod Well Rested Moodlet

Hi all,
So I finally got Into the Future - I know I'm very late to the party lol - and I bought my sims a dream pod out of curiosity. I didn't use it for dreaming right away, instead I spent the day doing a bunch of stuff then sent my sims to bed. However neither of them woke up with any version of the well rested moodlet. So my question is, does the dream pod not provide those moodlets? If it doesn't I'll have to buy a regular bed lol

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited April 2018
    No, the dream pod doesn't provide the well rested moodlet. However, as far as I can tell it has the fastest energy multiplier out of all the EP/SP beds (despite what the buy mode catalog suggests), so sims should fill up their energy fairly quickly when sleeping on it. (The Super Sleeper from the Store is much faster.) I often use the dream pod at university with sims who have 8am classes for that reason alone.

Instead of the well rested moodlet your sims will get positive or negative moodlets based on their dreams. Once you decide what they will dream about you can influence the dream by clicking on the dream pod and selecting one of 4 options. Two will help make the dream a positive one, and the other two will make the dream a negative one. I just spam the good options until the sleeping sim is having a happy dream and make sure the sim stays that way when he or she wakes up. The happy dream moodlet lasts 12 hrs, has a small positive boost on mood, and provides some sort of bonus like increased job performance, skill learning rate for a particular skill, academic performance boost, money, etc. The types of dreams you can choose depends on your sim's Advanced Technology skill level. I think a bad dream will provide a dream moodlet with a small negative effect on mood. I'm not sure about the other affects of bad dreams, I don't usually give my sims those.

As the sim gains Advanced Technology skill they'll be more likely to have a happy dream on their own, and to push them into having a happy dream will require less spamming of the 'influence dream' option. I often use the the dream about Advanced Technology to boost their learning rate for that skill since otherwise AT is awfully slow to raise unless you travel to Oasis Landing and do quests for Emit Relevart.

If you aren't going to take advantage of the dreams or need them to replenish their energy faster, then it's probably better to use another bed. Bed assignments don't work either on the dream pod. Whether or not the dream moodlet + the bonus from the dream makes up for the well rested moodlet and lack of bed assignment is a game play choice, I guess. In some games I use them a lot, in other games not so much.

The other reason you might want to use a dream pod is for sims with the Unstable trait. In my experience sims with the Unstable trait won't get episodes when sleeping in the dream pod (well, technically from waking up from a dream pod). I often use dream pods for Neat sims since there's no covers to make up in the morning.
  • Options
    bishtybishty Posts: 393 Member
    That's really helpful thank you :)
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I don't remember right now how long the good dream moodlets last, but what would happen if a sim slept in the dream pod until let's say 4 or 5 am to get the dream benefit, did something like have breakfast or workout for a short while, then finish their sleep in a regular bed? Would the well-rested moodlet then cancel out the benefit of the pod or would they get both?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I don't remember right now how long the good dream moodlets last, but what would happen if a sim slept in the dream pod until let's say 4 or 5 am to get the dream benefit, did something like have breakfast or workout for a short while, then finish their sleep in a regular bed? Would the well-rested moodlet then cancel out the benefit of the pod or would they get both?

Interesting...I have no idea. However, I have noticed that sims who sleep until rested in the Super Sleeper run out of energy far sooner than sims who sleep until rested in any other bed. So, I wouldn't try out your idea with that particular bed.

I generally don't worry too much about the well-rested moodlet at that point. I use the holographic panels to give my sims that moodlet while they sleep, and the laundry system provides some really nice moodlets. I don't find it too hard to in established households to get moods very high without the well-rested moodlet.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Pretty sure I've done what igazor suggested. Sleep in the dream pod, then have a really short sleep in a bed to get well-rested and reap the benefits of both.
  • Options
    dreg12dreg12 Posts: 1 New Member
    can anyone recall an incubation pod that was part of the sims? it was like an incubation pod/bed. Where the sims would walk into it and then it would start being filled with liquid; it basically acted as a bed. Can recall generation it was part of.
  • Options
    BuffyspikerBuffyspiker Posts: 2,865 Member
    dreg12 wrote: »
    can anyone recall an incubation pod that was part of the sims? it was like an incubation pod/bed. Where the sims would walk into it and then it would start being filled with liquid; it basically acted as a bed. Can recall generation it was part of.

I recall something like that in Sims 2 for the PS2 console version, but can't recall if it was in the PC version or not.
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    dreg12 wrote: »
    I noticed the thread is old and will probably get locked tomorrow, but I wanted to say that sounds like the sleep pod in The Sims: Bustin’ Out. I played that game a lot on PS2.

It looks like there’s also a sleep pod for TS4: Get Famous, but IDK how similar it might be.

You can see both here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Sleeping_pod

The closest thing to that in TS3 is the Quantum Power Chamber. It’s not a bed, but it allows your Sim to go into hibernation and maxes/freezes all needs while they're in it.

https://simsvip.com/2013/08/24/future-limited-edition-content-screen

• Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top