Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rodents are not pet?

I was checking at relationship panel, and my bubalus no appear at pets tab, only at all tab

Comments

• Options
    frogkiss1frogkiss1 Posts: 248 Member
    It's because the bubalus is going to nuke the world one day and you have to be best friends with it so it will save you.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited March 2018
    I think the rodents are coded as objects rather than pets.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Ok. So rodents aren't in Pets category in relationship panel, but when a rodent dies, all sims near it get Mourning moodlet because they withnessed pet's death (I had this happen).
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    They are objects, like the baby, that your sim can interact with.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »

But then what tab does the baby appear under?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

But babies still do show under the "family" tab.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member

But babies still do show under the "family" tab.

Ok i no chequed o remember if rodents appear at family tab. But should appear at pet tab
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Ok. So rodents aren't in Pets category in relationship panel, but when a rodent dies, all sims near it get Mourning moodlet because they withnessed pet's death (I had this happen).
    Are you sure they get a moodlet because of the rodent's death? In the livestream about the pack they literally said:
    "Why do Sims not get a Sad moodlet when the rodents die?" - "We didn't want to overemphasize it."
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited April 2018
    Babies are a object. They are chained to a bassinet, have 0 personality, etc. You can leave them outside under a tree and it wouldn't change a thing, as long as you took care of their needs or in this case animations. They are in debug. They tie into the family giving the illusion of being a sim, but you do not get the sim really until they are aged up.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    The rodents are coded like the Invention robot, talking toilet and the teddy bear. Intractable objects you can build relationships with.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Semantics....they are in the relationship panel....the pack is called "My First Pet"....it's pretty obvious they are pets in the general sense regardless of which tabs they were coded into for relationship panels.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2018
    At least they are not called collectibles like rocks and metals - like in the previous versions. But technically all pets in cages have been objects even to the small pets in Apt Life, and the Cows and Chickens in Sims 3. At least the baby is recognized as family members....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    In fact, SimGurus lost the chance
    Would be nice if with Get to Work and Pets or My First Pet, small alien pets become more than static beings