Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Origin no longer offering The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection?

2...Next

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    awesome CLP and you didnt have to use livechat - bonus!!
    sarahzsmyl wrote: »
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    sarahzsmyl wrote: »
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    The Ultimate Collection was only available for a short time to download because the original was no longer being supported. The chance to download it ended before TS4 came out. Although, I noticed in Origin that the Sims 2 Store Edition is available for download.
    agree, for a short period of time we were able to activate our free copy, once activated though the game is like any other game we own meaning you will continue to have access to it.

Even then, some of us just had the game show up one day. There was no activating. It's still there for me.

yea i dont really remember what i had to do either but maybe you were like me and bought some EPs as digital, all i can recall is the UC was released because they had to make changes so origin could continue to support it. perhaps it was automatic for those that had digital copy of the game.

It was funny, because literally the day it showed up on my Origin, I was getting ready to order physical copies of the game off ebay. I needed to reinstall Windows on my PC, but knew they'd stopped supporting online copies of the game. Learned that with Castaway Stories. When I Googled TS2 Complete, I came across the thread for it and checked my Origin, and sure enough...it was there, and it hadn't been the day before.

that is so kismet! and i think its great they added everything, i was missing the holiday and m/g so its nice to have a complete set.
  • sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Asuka7794 wrote: »

EA removed it because it was out-competing sims 4.

Try again, Asuka. It's still in my My Games, ready for me to download. Stop being such a brat.

lol I bet TS2: UC's numbers beat TS4's, though.

Well...yeah, it was free and went to everyone who owned a digital copy of ANY TS2 game on top of that. That's like saying, "I bet McD's went through more coffee during the 2 weeks it was free than the two weeks before or after that."
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Uninstalling and reinstalling worked. Now it's downloading but has been stuck at 0% for 10 minutes.
    sorry missed the stuck part - are you still ? if you have a slow internet connection log off internet, basically turn off everything that is using internet and dont use wifi, connect directly into the router
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Origin is having server issues today. I've restarted the pc and it still is only 1 percent after 20 minutes. My internet speed is over 12 so it has to be on orgin's end. I hope they know what's going on.
  • Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member

Try again, Asuka. It's still in my My Games, ready for me to download. Stop being such a brat.

"Stop being such a brat."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMtpEluvbCM
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited October 2014
    I thought what Asuka said was funny and a possibility. I mean, why not allow people that didn't get ult in time to get for free to buy it for $20 or something? Maybe they are afraid that Ult could drive the sales of sims4 down. There is something about the sweet simplicity of sims2 that makes it ageless and classic.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    At 90% hours later. So close but so far.
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,899 Member

Stop being such a brat.

*backs out slowly*

*whispering* I think I'm just going to go back to my anime now....... *throws Poptarts into room to distract everyone then makes a fast getaway*
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I still have Sims 2 and all my EP disks (I have all EP's) to physically install Sims 2 on my next computer. Still, it would be nice if they would sell something like Sims 2 Ultimate Collection that would upgrade a computer with none or only some of the expansions to all of the expansions so others can enjoy it or in case the disks become incompatible with the future operating system for some reason.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SuzMcSuzMc Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't know if you resolved your issue, however I went to ORIGIN and went into contact us, the live chat. I asked the girl to update my library and it was there again. I too went through the same thing looking online for answers and found this blog. So I thought I would share because if anyone else is trying to get it back. Here is the answer. Easy Peasy!
  • henrytran720henrytran720 Posts: 1 New Member
    Actually, I just got the sims 2 ultimate collection, just say you have the sims 2 to a ea staff, and they will give you a copy of the game! Profit!
  • X_Alexia_Hazel_XX_Alexia_Hazel_X Posts: 12 New Member
    I wish I got it when it was around
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    i just went into origin went to free clicked on that and put sims 2 in a search and I'm dl it now.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    i just went into origin went to free clicked on that and put sims 2 in a search and I'm dl it now.

I can't believe I missed this. :'(
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

@TamakiSakura84 Contact EA Support and see what they say. There have been people who have had luck getting it from them.
    edited May 2018
    Seera1024 wrote: »

@TamakiSakura84 Contact EA Support and see what they say. There have been people who have had luck getting it from them.

Do you think it would work, even if I didn't originally own the game? Or maybe it'll be free again someday? I can't even find it on Origin now.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Do you think it would work, even if I didn't originally own the game? Or maybe it'll be free again someday? I can't even find it on Origin now.

Some people have reported not owning Sims 2. They do tend to be the ones who own Sims 3 and several EPs and/or Sims 4 and several of its various packs.

But there is no harm in trying, but it may take a few tries to get one that is willing to give it to you.
    edited May 2018
    Got it!
    Post edited by TamakiSakura84 on
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    edited June 2018
    It is possible to get it still. I got it last year. I did have to provide a copy of a sims 2 game (any game) with my initials and the time and date written on paper in same photo. Once I provided that, they gave me the whole collection.

If you’ve never owned a copy, mabybe look at game resale stores or amazon?
  • MichelleeMichellee Posts: 35 Member
    I got the sims 2 Ultimate Edition for free last month and I never owned the sims 2 before. I was just asked for a picture of a sims 2 pack anyone(base or dlc packs). It depends on the agent you get some people get lucky.