Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old thread I do not need answers please lock this.

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
edited July 2021 in Gameplay Mods
Like the No more automous wash hands mod, but for singing and practice singing?
My sim accidentally gained the singing skill and now just stands around singing all day, she'll even cancel actions I tell her to do, and start singing, its really annoying.

Edit: Please lock this so no one else can bump this.
I really wish new members would stop reviving old threads
Post edited by GraceyManor on

Comments

• Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I don't, but if anyone else knows... Please share! The Sims that I play don't autonomously start singing, but I'm getting tired of apartment neighbors randomly coming out into the hallway just to sing at the top of their lungs.
  • Options
    I know, isn't this skill annoying? lol
  • Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    I have not seen it on any mods yet, maybe Deaderpool will add it to MC Commander... lol... I know it is SO annoying!
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I know, isn't this skill annoying? lol

Hah, yeah, a bit!
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Now I'm scared to have my sims acquire the singing skill.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    Trowicia wrote: »
    Now I'm scared to have my sims acquire the singing skill.

Don't, its torture, they'll be nonstop singing lol.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Is this skill exclusive to City Living?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Is this skill exclusive to City Living?

Yes, it is.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited January 2017
    I have not seen it on any mods yet, maybe Deaderpool will add it to MC Commander... lol... I know it is SO annoying!
    Its already in it. I had the option to disable it after the new update.
  • Options
    blkbrry7blkbrry7 Posts: 4 New Member
    Me command center had update today to stop those actions
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    Hope non mod users get help with that too , just love it ,NOT , when my Sim walks away from the mic after singing but singing is still coming from the mic.
  • Options
    I hope a seperate mods gets made, I don't use the MC mod, like the game how it is aside from this singing randomly.It isn't a glitch of any sort, so I doubt EA will fix it, its just my sim standing around singing.For example, I told her to read, she canceled that action and started to "practice singing" I would cancel that action, but it would pop right back up.for now I found a cheat to get rid of the skill from my sim, and will avoid the karaoke machine.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Even worse for me is the non stop serenading of romantic interests once they learn to sing. It's just ridiculously annoying and repetitive, and they'll do it all day long if allowed. Unfortunately MC Command Center doesn't yet have an option to turn that one off....
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    @StarlingGray I just made a mod disabling autonomous serenading, I'm looking for people to help me testing it before I upload it, PM me if you're interested. Anyone who is interested in testing it, PM me.
    I'll probably make a mod to disable all autonomous singing (serenading included) later.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    @Candyd I sent you a message. I am interested for sure.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
  • Options
    Sassyone59Sassyone59 Posts: 5 New Member
    this is Feb 28,2018.......this was a good mod but she hasn't updated it since Nov of 2017 and the new patches have caused problems and no one is updating this mod!
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    NekoMimi has a no autonomous singing mod, I don't know if it is currently working but you could try it and shoot her an ask if it's not:
    http://nekomimi-m0de.tumblr.com/post/159619143116/no-autonomous-singing-mod
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yep my sims are learning the Singing skill autonomously and thus singing randomly throughout the day. It is beyond irritating.

Fun fact: When I tried to type Beyond just now, my computer autocorrected to Beyonce... not sure how that happened lmao
  • Options
    ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    I'm laughing so hard. It's so funny. They bounce their head and sing. It is annoying I agree.
  • Options
    Chesster_WammyChesster_Wammy Posts: 80 Member
    In case if anyone still looking for a mod that also has been updated, here it is
    no autonomous singing self-practice mod
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/autonomie-mods-autonomy-mods/
  • Options
    I no longer need this, it is an old thread.Wish people wouldn't bump old threads
  • Options
    EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    Hey there,

Please be mindful of the dates when posting in a thread.

I'm going to be locking this one down to prevent further necro-posting, but feel free to create a new thread if you're not finding a more recent one on the topic you'd like to discuss. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top