Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you guys noticed this "mistake" before?

I was trying to create the Sims that you see on the cover of Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack today and noticed something..
In that pic both female Sims are wearing colour options that we don't get with the pack? :confused:
Yes we do get similar colour options but not exactly like the ones that are on the picture of the pack.

Comments

• ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I think that is kind of funny myself :D
    Never noticed it before, I would have expected them to be the same though.
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    edited April 2018
    Quote removed - EA_Mage

I do wish we had the colour option that the other girl with orange hair is wearing. The closest one we have to that is the dull brown/black version of that shirt.
    Post edited by EA_Mage on
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Can I get a pic?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    edited April 2018
    Can I get a pic?

maxresdefault.jpg I'm sure they mean this, I could be wrong, though

But the scarf is a black and white scheme, and the orange hair girl's sweater is brown...

Post edited by Neechan1 on
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Thank you @Neechan1 for posting a picture. I was on by phone before so I was unable to do it by myself. But yeah everything is just like Neechan1 said.
    It wouldn't bother me if it was just that scarf that's wrong but it's also the sweater..
    First I was wonder if it has always been like this or has the colours changed after patch but then I checked a CAS review from Youtube and it seems like it has always been messed up.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2018
    I remember Late Night showing a hairstyle for females (long, exactly what I would have loved to see in the game) that appeared to be not in the game later and it *** me off. And cuddling on a bench on - I believe - University Life that also appeared to be a cover designer with a little too much imagination. I wish they wouldn’t do things like that.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @JoAnne65 I know exactly which hairstyle you mean and I remember looking for it and trying to find out why it was not in the game. I was very disappointed.

This also reminds of the cover art for Get Together with the coloured phone cases.These were added later in a free update (which I appreciate), but I think it took 8 months or so?
    I don't understand why they do this either, it is bound to lead to disappointment and/or confusion.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Post edited by EA_Mage to remove derailing content.

I remember Late Night showing a hairstyle for females (long, exactly what I would have loved to see in the game) that appeared to be not in the game later and it *** me off. And cuddling on a bench on - I believe - University Life that also appeared to be a cover designer with a little too much imagination. I wish they wouldn’t do things like that.
    I remember buying TS2 because I thought it would be fun to slide down the banisters and hang off the fans and that was never in the game either.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I don't know about the fans, but TS2 teens will slide down the banisters on their own. Not a clickable option.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited April 2018
    The art department is a different section than those that color the items. They are give pictures to go by but might tweak something if it doesn't look good in the artwork. Maybe the scarf didn't print well so they tweaked it. It's like the trailers that show sims doing things that they can't always do. Creative license.
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Can't say as that is an issue for me.