Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving Sims 3 to SSD

I recently ordered my new laptop after finally getting enough money to do so, ( Acer Nitro 5 ) and I installed the sims 3 thinking that it was going to the SSD already but it didn’t, it saved on the HDD.

My question is could someone link me to an in delth tutorial for how to transfer it to the SSD? I’ve looked st a few but all of them gave me headaches.

Or perhaps could someone explain the process? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Can you post a link to your specific laptop please? The Acer Nitro 5 only comes with a256 gb SSD and it's too small to game on if you only have one hard drive.

I don't see any acer nitro 5 with two hard drives . Its a cheaper laptop.

On the acer store I see one with a 256 gb ssd and a 1tb hdd. I also see one with a 128 gb ssd and a 1tb hdd.

Is this what you are talking about? If so do you have a 256 gb ssd or a 128 gb ssd?
  • xiaoisxiaois Posts: 141 Member
    The game would automatically download to C drive ( the ssd) before D drive (the hdd ) . Did you custom install the game? This would be the only way the game would wind up on your HDD is if you custom installed.

I’m not sure maybe I pressed something wrong when installing? I’ve only installed base game and 2 expansions, and I don’t really care about having to uninstall those. What do I need to do to make sure it installs on the SSD? @phoebebebe13
    You would have to uninstall it from D drive. If you want it on C drive you just install it by downloading.. The game will always choose to go to C drive first.

I have never had to custom install the game and I have a version of the game that does not require origin. @igazor may know how to switch the download path on origin
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    If you are installing through Origin, here is how you set the installation folder:

Open the Origin client and sign in.
    At the top, click on Origin>Application Settings.
    Click on the "Installs & Saves" tab.
    In the "On Your Computer" section there's a "Game library location" setting. That will tell you where Origin is supposed to be installing your games. You can change that setting by clicking on the Change Folder button to the right and selecting the folder you want Origin to use for game installations.
    You would have to uninstall it from D drive. If you want it on C drive you just install it by downloading.. The game will always choose to go to C drive first.

I have never had to custom install the game and I have a version of the game that does not require origin. @igazor may know how to switch the download path on origin

I uninstalled the game from the HDD @phoebebebe13 and then followed @TreyNutz instructions to change the path in origin. After downloading base game, everything was on the SSD. Now I’m just waiting for the rest of the expansions to download so I can end Easter with some simming haha. Thank you both for all of your help today ❤️
    edited April 2018
    Your welcome! Your going to need to do more set up with FPS and getting the game to use your Nvdiia cad . @igazor can help you with instructions. I thought I bookmarked the thread but I can't find it