Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Astreia wrote: »
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Lost in Space is only on Netflix?!

I think so

Well thankfully my mom has Netflix and doesn't live far from me. :)
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited March 2018
    @ZeeGee as long as you have anything that will stream, and you have a computer, so yes; you could ask mom to share her account. Legitimately. I share my account with my sister, in the same house, and a cousin, living separately. They have their own user profiles for setting up favorites/watch lists. The key is the accounts come in two flavors: single stream or multi-stream. And they are, of course, two prices. The single stream means if someone is already watching, then when you want to watch you'll be locked out. I have two screen and among us we have never overlapped in several years.

I've reviewed the Terms of Use on Netflix and it appears that as long as I'm not selling shared access this should be cool. They are family, so...

Either way, you could always co-ordinate with mom on viewing times. Of course, there is always the possibility that mom wants to watch Lost in Space as well and this would be a group thing. But I wanted to present options for you. *smile*

@KiearaPhoenix I've just now watched the full trailer. Woot!!! So can't wait. Thrilled with their twist on Robot. Also saw a preview for a movie called The Titan coming to Netflix next Friday (3/30.) That looks cool too.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    @Astreia you remind me of my strip mall concept. Hmmmmmm. That could work in my current game. Bot shop, art store, produce stand?
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 Thanks! Didn't realize that. We watch at different times so that could work. But she will probably want to see Lost in Space too. She's a cool mom, always has been. I had lots of friends in school cause she was so much fun to hang out with. :lol:
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @Jude525 Thanks! Didn't realize that. We watch at different times so that could work. But she will probably want to see Lost in Space too. She's a cool mom, always has been. I had lots of friends in school cause she was so much fun to hang out with. :lol:

Of course, that comment is out of context not knowing your and her ages. (And a gentleman doesn't ask.) For example, if she is around my age, 50ish, then she might have watched the original and be interested just as I am. Or even in her 60s.

But, I am the youngest in a large family. Eight children. So my parents are considerably older. If she were still with us my mom would be 89 this year. Lost in Space would not really be on her radar. Well, now, not entirely. She was often up for a good space adventure. Just keep the science to a minimum. Star Wars? Yes. Interstellar? No. Not even before the Alzheimer's.

Dad's 90th is Friday. We are having a huge party on Saturday and gathering pictures to put on the tables. There was a discussion with my siblings about how much mom should be featured in some of those pictures. Some voiced that the focus should be on Dad. But, my parents married when they were 18 and 19. They spent every day of their life together. Raised eight children together. Taught us to love, work hard and have fun. Watching my mom fade to Alzheimer's visibly hurt my father. We wondered if he would survive her death. He did. And he keeps going. But if anyone asks why he keeps so busy, he will tell them that if he stops too long the pain of her being gone is too much. So when I found myself choosing one picture after another with both of them I realized it was because I cannot imagine celebrating his life without celebrating hers. Their life was just that. Two lives combined as one. My siblings may not agree with my picture choices on Saturday, but that's okay. I know Dad will.

Sorry, got a little sideways there. But I like sharing about how much they loved each other. And talking about moms just got me started. It will be a bitter-sweet celebration Saturday. They all are now. We know she is with us in spirit, but it was better when she was just plain with us. And Dad is the first to say so.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Oh, and don't get me wrong. Dad is a great guy on his own merits. Not for nothing are over a hundred people paying for their own meals Saturday just to be part of this.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 Haha! I will just say that you are somewhat in the middle of our ages. :lol:

Your mom and dad's love story is a tearjerker! That is sooo sweet. Who in the world would not want your mom to be featured in the pictures?! I don't understand that. You did the right thing for sure.
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    edited March 2018
    @Jude525 I hope your father had a great birthday yesterday! I'm sure today will be wonderful. It must be great to have a big family.
  • missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member
    edited March 2018
    Creator’s Username: missroxor

Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site:
    https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=missroxor

Item Title: Haven from the Storm

Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item : @Jude525 - Item no 2. Houses for Isla Paradiso

Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9202775

House Description:
    Haven from the Storm
    This colourful little ranch house started out as little more than a shack with a view but both the house and garden have evolved over the decades along with it's elderly owner. 3Bed (one is decorated as an office), 1.5 Bath, this house is decorated for up to two adults, one child and a cat. Includes car and boat parking. By missroxor

Household Description: Mavis was content to live out her retirement in the home she had spent decades building and decorating. She had no husband and had outlived her only child: it had been just her and Porky the cat for some time now and she'd grown to enjoy the quiet. One day Mavis received news that her estranged granddaughter, Layla, was being sent to live with her. She hadn't been asked her opinion on this; she'd simply been told this was happening by her deceased son's sister-in-law. Mavis hadn't seen Layla since she was a toddler and let's face it; she wasn't exactly a model mother to the girl's father. She wasn't sure this was such a good idea... Less than a week later Layla moved into her father's childhood bedroom. Things are awkward and strained to say the least. Can Mavis redeem herself by bonding with her estranged granddaughter in a way she never could with her son? Will Layla find peace and happiness on the island? Or will the gulf between them be too wide to overcome?

Details:

The exterior of this house was inspired, in part, by Oliver Messel’s Fustic House which is a renovated Sugar plantation in the Caribbean. I tried to make the indoors feel like the outdoors using lots of plants, plant patterns, large windows and a kitchen that's open to the outdoors.

Inspiration Pics:
    xdf0n7.jpgOutdoor living and green shutters
    35lt3ki.jpgBack garden water feature and leafy plants

Skill items included - Easel, laptop, TV, Pool, bookcase and harvest-able garden.

Sims:
    MAVIS GRANT
    Elder
    Loner, Natural Cook, Dislikes Children, Artistic, Proper.
    Mavis was just 17 when she fell for the charms of a sailor stationed nearby during the war. Young and naive, she hadn't considered the possibility of falling pregnant, much less that she would wake one day to find the warship gone, taking with it her one true love. Without warning or farewell he'd abandoned her to the fate of an unmarried teen mother, which in those days you wouldn't wish upon your enemy! Feeling heartbroken and betrayed, Mavis never did trust another man.

Shunned by her father for bringing shame on the family, Mavis and her baby might've ended up destitute had it not been for her talents in the kitchen. She managed to find work in a local bakery, enough to buy them a small shack to live in. Over the years she worked her way up to pastry chef and continued to build on their shack turning it into a beautiful home. But the bond of motherhood didn't come naturally to Mavis. She loved her son but struggled to cope with him at times. In later years they drifted apart.

LAYLA GRANT
    Teen
    Flirty, Rebellious, Kleptomaniac, Computer Whiz.
    Layla was once a bright, happy child full of love and laughter but all that changed the day her parents died in a freak accident. She stayed with her maternal Aunt in her native Bridgeport but as she grew so did her anger and grief at her loss; it was all so unfair. Unable to deal with her feelings, she pulled away from those who loved her and started hanging with a bad crowd, cutting school and getting in trouble with the police. She knew it was wrong but she was tired of feeling numb to the world; she wanted to feel happiness again and the thrill of excitement she got from being bad was close enough.

Her Aunt tried everything to help Layla but short of locking her up, she couldn't figure out how to save Layla from self-destruction. So she did the only thing she could think of: she sent her far away from Bridgeport and the gang that had a grip on her grief stricken niece.

Will the change of scenery help Layla snap out of it and will she find happiness again?

PORKY GRANT
    Adult cat. Friendly, Lazy, Piggy

Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No

Do you have CC in your game folder? Yes but only package files, not sims3pack.

Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared:

2b8t2d.jpg

Plan Views
    2e0uw78.jpg

Exterior Views
    2cfzfo1.jpg
    2v3fuyh.jpgArtists studio

Interior Views
    2lwu1zp.jpgLiving room
    2iaybrb.jpgDining Room
    2chki1w.jpgKitchen
    259vmh1.jpgOffice
    a2fxow.jpgMaster
    124v6yq.jpgKid's Bedroom
    f3vno.jpgFamily Bathroom

Post edited by missroxor on
    edited March 2018
    Creator’s Username: missroxor

Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site:
    https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=missroxor

Item Title: The Mavis

Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item : @Jude525 - Item no 2. Houses for Isla Paradiso

Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9202778

House Description:
    The Mavis - 2Bed, 1BA
    Lovingly restored by it's current owner, Beau, the Mavis is a small houseboat decorated in a Victorian-esque style and designed to accommodate up to three teen-adults and a large dog.

Household Description: Byrd
    Beau has lived a full life. Now with his wife long gone and his kids all flown the nest, he's decided to spend his retirement searching for the remains of his first love. He never got to say good-bye or apologise for leaving so abruptly. He knows thoughts of her won't stop running through his mind until he knows her final resting place and makes his peace with her so he spent his early retirement fixing up an old boat and set off on one final adventure with his trusty companion, Rowdy.

Details:

This is a tiny houseboat refurbished in an old fashioned victorian-esque/Captain's cabin style.

Sims:
    BEAU BYRD
    Elder
    Loner, Sailor, Brave, Handy, Hopeless Romantic
    Beau always did what was expected of him: he worked hard, married a good woman, raised three successful kids. He should've been content in his retirement... so why, in the years after his wife passed did his mind often wander to the bittersweet memories of his first love?

He was just a boy when he was conscripted and stationed at the port of Isla Paradiso. That's where they met and had six months of pure bliss before his ship was suddenly scrambled late one night; it was their turn to join the front line. Beau wrote constantly, begging her forgiveness but she never replied; unbeknownst to him, her father never gave her the letters.

Years passed before he could return for her but he found only her father; a brute of a man who hated main-landers like Beau. He snarled at Beau that his love was dead and that Beau would be too if he didn't get lost.

Thoughts of her had gotten him through the war so it was with a heavy heart he'd left the island and set about trying to start over.

ROWDY BYRD
    Large, adult dog. Likes Swimming, Lazy, Loyal
    Rowdy doesn't remember much from before he met Beau but he knows he was a street dog when they first met and that he always seemed to be hungry and lonely. He met Beau on a miserable, wet day in Bridgeport harbour. Beau had been working on his boat when he took pity on Rowdy and let him share his bacon roll and shelter from the rain. It had been a while since a human had been nice to Rowdy so he was sad to see the old man walk away just before dark. But lo and behold, he came back the next day and the next. Soon Beau was in the habit of bringing extra food for Rowdy and Rowdy thanked him by not peeing in his shoes. One day the old man got up to leave then turned back and called, "come, Rowdy". They've been inseparable ever since.

Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No

Do you have CC in your game folder? Yes but only package files, not sims3pack.

w9hgz4.jpg

Plan Views
    2dsjpt2.jpg
    f51yzs.jpg

Exterior Views
    sqibm8.jpg

Interior Views
    jzfzuh.jpgThe Wheelhouse
    14bt1mr.jpgLiving room
    14yakiq.jpgKitchen
    10dhz84.jpgBedroom

I never thought I was into Tropical Island worlds but I've really gotten into Isla Paradiso as you might be able to tell :)
    Post edited by missroxor on
    edited March 2018
    @missroxor Oh my goodness, your sims' stories are so compelling I must play them!! Never has that happened before. :) Love their homes too. You did a great job.

@Jude525 Hope you and your family have a WONDERFUL day! Please let us know how it went.
  • scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    @missroxor you have 200sp to spend from last months drawing.
  • EnvyfanEnvyfan Posts: 142 Member
    @missroxor they look awesome! i am so jealous of your lighting, your game looks so good.
    edited March 2018
    @ZeeGee, haha, glad you liked the stories, I wasn't sure if I was just rambling too much

@scillakees thanks, it looks like I've got a few pages of this post to catch up on :smile: I'll have a think on it
    edited March 2018
    @Envyfan I'm afraid some (not all) have a 20-30% filter on them. Though I do play with the colour and brightness of every light to set the scene so maybe a bit of that too. Also, the lighting in IP is just pretty nice :smile:
    @missroxor , What can I say? The homes are beautiful, but THAT STORY!!!!! I am so confused about what to do. I felt pretty committed to playing through the next generation of my legacy family, but, like ZeeGee, I am so drawn to playing your Sims. That story just begs to be continued.

I mean, I was so impressed when I read about Mavis, but when I ever saw that you had given us the other side with the second build, I was blown away! Really, words fail me. The plan with Agwe and Agethe was to finish the second house and have them live as neighbors in the same "apartment complex." That allowed them to be actively in the game with my Sims. But to just place Mavis and Beau in town and hope things work out. Ugh..........

Probably I'll play them a bit first to at least get them into a relationship before leaving them to their own fate. Then make sure my Sim becomes friends so that I can keep track of them. And possibly pop back in as active household for a closer look later on.

Really, I am overwhelmed with how much has been created in response to my "little" request. I don't know how to keep up with expressing my appreciation of the work that has been done and my gratitude.
    aka Jude

My Studio

And, yes, the weekend's celebrations for my dad were a huge success. His party was a complete surprise. How we managed to gather 120 guests from family and friends without him finding out amazes me. He had no clue up to and including the moment he walked into the party. I can't believe I was actually offline for three whole days! It was an amazing experience.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    edited March 2018
    Standard Entry Form:

Creator’s Username: Merelhyn
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site Merelhyn's wishlist
    Item Title: Niseko
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item @AlphaFen something I wanted to do :blush:
    Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: ModTheSims
    Description: A modern Japanese glasshouse, inspired by a real house in Niseko
    Details: family friendly!
    First floor:
    * Nursery
    * Children's bedroom
    * toilet
    * bathroom
    * laundry room
    * gym/dojo
    * sauna
    * guest bedroom
    * Master bedroom with study nook, big bathroom, separated toilet, balcony,
    Second floor
    * one big room with living room area, music area, kitchen area, dinner area
    * glass bathroom
    * bathroom
    * two outdoor living spaces
    Garden:
    * zen garden
    * swimming pool
    * play area
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No CC!
    Do you have CC in your game folder? I have a mod to move mirrors up and down the wall

I'm uploading the lot to ModTheSims, but I'm not sure it will be up there in time so I also uploaded it to the Exchange. It was loooong but I'm finally done!

Edit: Pictures!
    * Plans
    MTS_Merelhyn-1758807-Screenshot-89.jpg
    MTS_Merelhyn-1758808-Screenshot-90.jpg
    MTS_Merelhyn-1758812-Screenshot-91.jpg

* Exteriors
    MTS_Merelhyn-1758750-Screenshot-3.jpg
    MTS_Merelhyn-1758751-Screenshot-4.jpg
    MTS_Merelhyn-1758757-Screenshot-10.jpg

* Interiors (just some)
    MTS_Merelhyn-1758787-Screenshot.jpg
    MTS_Merelhyn-1758792-Screenshot-75.jpg
    MTS_Merelhyn-1758799-Screenshot-82.jpg
    MTS_Merelhyn-1758778-Screenshot-65.jpg

And much more pictures on the ModTheSims thread!
    Post edited by Merelhyn on
    @Jude525 Glad to hear the weekend went great. So the siblings were okay with the pictures? That is amazing that y'all kept it a surprise!

@Merelhyn From what I can see in the exchange pics, your house looks very original and interesting. Looking forward to play testing it. :)
    I'll add pictures as soon as the file is approved on MTS. I tried to stay true to the original house, so it's like white walls everywhere, etc. The strangest thing to my eyes was the entirely open bath in the house. There are people who seem to enjoy the idea of taking a bath in a bathroom with glass walls. Pretty sure the Sims don't mind either.

It was a (long) but fun project! I started it back early February, went uninspired, started again mid-February, run into troubles… but it's done! And I was gifted store items, which gave me whole new sets and I started using the new content everywhere. So it's not quite what I had in mind when I started, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.
    Merelhyn wrote: »
    I did a good job on my contemporary Japanese house today. I started it for @creativity_rulez but then I re-read their wishlist and it seems it's either starters or mansions, not in-between.

It has 4 bedroom, 4.5 bathroom and a garage so it could work for @Pinkiesweets4 (number 4) but it has no zebra pattern anywhere and I used the Loft SP which is not explicitly listed as owned. So probably it will end up for @AlphaFen : contemporary but not edgy, you won't cut yourself on it, I promise.

I replaced 1.5 bathroom by the sauna+shower, and the garage by an open one and actually changed practically all the first floor since the previous quoted message :tongue:
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited March 2018
    @Jude525 Been lurking and secretly awesome clicking all the news about the party, I'm glad it went so well :)

@Merelhyn In my panicked fear of having a home that was too edgy I accidentally downloaded something white, gleaming and even possibly made after 1950 :fearful: It was full of inspiring vistas, and with walls and roofing so innovative that I instantly failed when desperately trying to recreate them had to stare extremely hard at some chintz to recover :hushed: Why live in a home with a peaceful Japanese garden and stylish sleek furniture when the budget could have been blown on a ceiling so rococo the upkeep would have burdened generations to come!!? :bawling: What kind of clean lined beautifully modern madness is this!!!? :weary:

Edit: In case it isn't clear this is my way of saying thank you ;)
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
    I am glad you liked it @AlphaFen ! I agree with you: why spend so much time trying to make a beautiful slated roof when you can just make it all flat and spend the same hours desperately trying to make your ground floor work?! (the idea for the zen garden came late; previous attempts went… not so great).
  • KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    Creator’s Username: Kiearaphoenix
    Creator Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site:
    Kiearaphoenix Wishlist
    Item Title: Little Blue Cottage
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item:
    @ciane # 2 a small starter home or @AlphaFen #3 starters of any kind
    Exchange Link:
    Linky
    Description:
    A simple inspired starter cottage with a modern feel. $16,264 price.
    1 Bdrm, 1 bath
    Details:
    A small starter with the idea that perhaps it could fit in a
    modern re-telling of a fairytale. It is a mostly open floor plan, with the bedroom closed off
    for privacy.
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? None
    Do you have CC in your game folder? Yes.
    badfbc532b2bcf8a064da7d6e536969b.png
    Layout
    7904c019c4d46b1dc30290a03f94d255.jpg
    Living room area
    08537eca8d82d371790e0a5da738b197.png
    Kitchen area
    22e81a0666edea8d47d9ad56e03978fa.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights