Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with uninstalling a Stuff Pack for Sims 3

I had reformatted my laptop's hard drive and while installing the Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff pack, it froze after installation but before I could continue to finish the install. I had to reboot my laptop to get anything to work, and now as I have tried many times to uninstall High End Loft Stuff, it says it uninstalled, but yet shows up still on my programs list and the disc (as my base game, all of my Sims 3 expansions and all of my stuff packs are disc copies) won't let me try and reinstall it again. I uninstalled all of Sims 3, hoping to help with this issue, but no dice. Am I going to have to reformat my laptop hard drive again just to get rid of this issue?

Comments

• AllysaNellieAllysaNellie Posts: 58 Member
    Okay, trying a system restore to where I installed World Adventures (as I always install in order of expansion release). Hopefully this helps.
    System restore to an earlier point (before installation of the messed up expansion pack) worked. I think I'll leave this thread up for Windows users as a possible solution if they have a similar issue. Or, if the mods would like, they can add this to the help FAQ.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    It's great that you had success with that, but many players will not. In many (not all) cases, a System Restore will only thoroughly restore system files, not the state of programs and game installs. It can depend on the type of restore points that the system is establishing. What many players unfortunately will end up with is a broken game and other damaged programs.

I would have suggested CCleaner or perhaps a different install and registry cleaner tool first to undo a stuck partial install like that -- probably also with a partial success rate, but less chance of messing up other things along the way.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited March 2018
    I've had odd luck with fixes that don't require third-party content. I don't run mods either, and very few of my downloads in Sims 3 are not from the exchange or the Store. I know, it's kinda boring playing "vanilla" Sims 3, but since I have expansions and stuff packs, I have plenty to keep me busy.