The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

I knew dogs would bark at the mirror... but this is the first time I had a full length mirror with Pets. Poor Webster was laughed at while he played with his reflection. :lol:
    Bad Elizabeth Chance. :(

X8PDpme.jpg

:joy::D:joy:
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Oh cool, so this is like the "Things You Didn't Know Thread".
    Last month I had a failed challenge (sim died to a fire on the second day LOL) but I discovered two really cool things.

1. Your sim can dig up a treasure chest! It has this really cool sparkling effect to it. It's filled with gems an golden coins. I was surprised to see it's only worth $5,000. I expected it to be some sort of super secret chest worth around $100,000. According to the SimsWikia, it's value goes up everyday so apparently if you keep it around for a full generation it will probably be worth a lot more than $5,000.

2. If your sim gets a want such as "buy a _", go ahead and buy it. Sometimes they will get a "whats this?" interaction. After that, if you delete the item, there is chance they will run to its location and cry. Looking at the memories panel, the sim had a red memory saying that they miss that object! :o

I can't imagine how horrifying it must be to suddenly have your favorite toy making bench disappear into thin air. :D
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Last month I had a failed challenge (sim died to a fire on the second day LOL) but I discovered two really cool things.

1. Your sim can dig up a treasure chest! It has this really cool sparkling effect to it. It's filled with gems an golden coins. I was surprised to see it's only worth $5,000. I expected it to be some sort of super secret chest worth around $100,000. According to the SimsWikia, it's value goes up everyday so apparently if you keep it around for a full generation it will probably be worth a lot more than $5,000.

2. If your sim gets a want such as "buy a _", go ahead and buy it. Sometimes they will get a "whats this?" interaction. After that, if you delete the item, there is chance they will run to its location and cry. Looking at the memories panel, the sim had a red memory saying that they miss that object! :o

I can't imagine how horrifying it must be to suddenly have your favorite toy making bench disappear into thin air. :D

Hi :)

2. We can delete new items after placing in their inventory and they won't miss them. :)

1. Not really. The treasure's worth will fluctuate up and down but it stays near 5k. At least for the last 4 generations I've had one. I like digging up stuff- I use that in my BACC challenge hoods and Apocalypse- the maps are great for raising fun when view and the Treasure chests give off great light when they don't have any lights yet. :)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »

Yes, sims do miss the object they've wanted, but there will not be any negative memory about it. Also, selling the object sim wanted will actually remove aspiration points and decrease the aspiration bar (same amount as you got from the want). Putting them in the inventory doesn't count as a deletion as sim sill has the object (smart game...) but losing it to a burglar, repo man or to other service sim because you couldn't afford to pay the fee will always give your sim a negative memory and can result in loss of aspiration points and decrease of aspiration bar if it is something sim wanted recently.
    However, if you keep it for a long time and then sell it, then it won't result in loss of points and decrease of aspiration bar.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member

Oooh, I'd forgotten that the treasure chest depreciates backwards!

*Makes plans*
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Francais411Francais411 Posts: 34 Member
    I found out today you could quickly jump to your sim by double clicking the picture!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    You can right click on a Sim and it will change to them as active and move the camera view to center on them. (it annoys me because I use the right mouse to scroll around the lot~ I end up clicking on Sims. :lol:

Don't forget you can set the camera to jump to certain areas on the lot with by setting them with the Ctrl + 4/5/6/7/8/or 9 keys. It can be set in camera mode or not. This way the view can jump to certain areas of the lot by hitting a number key (4-9):)
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Doesn't hitting the space bar cycle through the portraits?
    Yes, and in order from top to bottom/next. Quicker to right click on your Sims- unless you lost them. That happens. :lol:
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Perhaps not a new discovery to most people, but I only recently learned that with a business, it's best to shop from the actual business catalogue (wholesale). I think that there's a discount, or there may be once your sim has the wholesale perk. All of this time I've been buying over the odds!
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • MornedilMornedil Posts: 5 New Member
    This happened today, I was testing out a community lot I made and left my sim alone with free will on.
    All of a sudden she was giving herself a sponge bath in the public bathroom sink, which seem to only happen from free will actions!
    image: dropbox.com/s/890yr2lr52t95wq/spongebath.png
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Mornedil wrote: »
    This happened today, I was testing out a community lot I made and left my sim alone with free will on.
    All of a sudden she was giving herself a sponge bath in the public bathroom sink, which seem to only happen from free will actions!
    image: dropbox.com/s/890yr2lr52t95wq/spongebath.png

I've seen them do that, too!
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Rod Humble (The dude who gives you that awesome computer when you start a new family) doesn't have any character files.
    Apparently he's not an actual sim!
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Rod Humble (The dude who gives you that awesome computer when you start a new family) doesn't have any character files.

That explains why all my attempts to trap him in my house and befriend him never worked. He'd just pace back and forth and eventually disappear. :D

That explains why all my attempts to trap him in my house and befriend him never worked. He'd just pace back and forth and eventually disappear. :D

Yup! Rod is an Object NPC, much like crumplebottom or the grim reaper. Don't mess with him. ;)

Yup! Rod is an Object NPC, much like crumplebottom or the grim reaper. Don't mess with him. ;)

I once managed to add Mrs. Crumplebottom to one of my households, but it didn't go well. She would stand in the sofa instead of sitting on it and when I put her in the pool she just sat on the bottom of it, and she never would let go of that purse. It was a long time ago, and I didn't know then that it could corrupt my game. I didn't keep her very long before I set her free. Fortunately, it didn't seem to do any harm to my game.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

I once managed to add Mrs. Crumplebottom to one of my households, but it didn't go well. She would stand in the sofa instead of sitting on it and when I put her in the pool she just sat on the bottom of it, and she never would let go of that purse. It was a long time ago, and I didn't know then that it could corrupt my game. I didn't keep her very long before I set her free. Fortunately, it didn't seem to do any harm to my game.

:D:D:D

Corruption is not always immediate. I played Riverblossom Hills 2.0 for about a year after I "adopted" the leader of the pack. He bit a lot of sims, which was fine, the lot I adopted him on started having issues with specific members no longer being able to leave the lot for school or work, I sent one of the teens to college and... all of the college kids who had lived with him spontaneously became NPC's. At this point I realized that something was deeply wrong, and that the neighborhood was fudged.

In this case, the leader of the pack's files don't appear to have been altered, so it didn't affect other neighborhoods, but Riverblossom was Fubar'd. I'd imagine the same scenario happened with your crumplebottom, but early signs weren't recognized and/or the hood you did it in went bad slower than mine. ;)
    @Scribal_Goddess That's possible. It's been a long time since I played that save because I have it on a very old computer and when I try to play I now have what appear to be graphics "glitches". Not sure how to describe it, but I think my graphics card is probably going bad. I created a backup on a disk, though, and I've been wanting to install it on a newer computer. I may do that sometime just to see if I have any problems with it. I did a lot of things back then I didn't know I wasn't supposed to do, so I count myself lucky I didn't have problems with it then.

This thread brings back a lot of fond memories. I spent more hours than I care to admit playing TS2. This is inspiring me to get out my disks and start playing again.
    @Scribal_Goddess That's possible. It's been a long time since I played that save because I have it on a very old computer and when I try to play I now have what appear to be graphics "glitches". Not sure how to describe it, but I think my graphics card is probably going bad. I created a backup on a disk, though, and I've been wanting to install it on a newer computer. I may do that sometime just to see if I have any problems with it. I did a lot of things back then I didn't know I wasn't supposed to do, so I count myself lucky I didn't have problems with it then.

This thread brings back a lot of fond memories. I spent more hours than I care to admit playing TS2. This is inspiring me to get out my disks and start playing again.

A new installation of the game should be just fine in terms of not being corrupted. A neighborhood imported from a previous game is also usually fine - if the neighborhood goes bad you can delete it without consequence.

Graphics glitches are really common during this game: a surer sign of bad game stuff is having actions missing, sims not rolling wants (as in, having a blank wants panel) or having relationship setups that are wrong, or having wants that don't work. (For example, a child should not roll the want to earn $1000.)

Also if a sim has "met" themself, but that should be patched in the UC, because it was in a previous patch.

A new installation of the game should be just fine in terms of not being corrupted. A neighborhood imported from a previous game is also usually fine - if the neighborhood goes bad you can delete it without consequence.

Graphics glitches are really common during this game: a surer sign of bad game stuff is having actions missing, sims not rolling wants (as in, having a blank wants panel) or having relationship setups that are wrong, or having wants that don't work. (For example, a child should not roll the want to earn $1000.)

Also if a sim has "met" themself, but that should be patched in the UC, because it was in a previous patch.

Thanks for the info. I don't remember having any of those problems, so maybe I didn't do too much damage.
  • earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited April 2018
    This was probably mentioned before, but you can ask a Genie to resurrect a dead sim and said sim will join the household of the sim that made the wish.
    Also when a toddler plays with a broken robot toy and it acts up, the toddler will be displeased and start crying.
    Post edited by earthgirl on
    NK4koaX.png
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    -When loading a lot, you can bypass the popup window by just double clicking on the lot directly. (useful if you get the glitch where the popup freezes)

-Neat sims will clean windows when they get dirty.

-If you have a pet bed on the lot, toddlers will crawl into them and sleep when they are tired.

-When toddlers have learned the nursery rhyme, they will occasionally sing it by themselves.

So awesome to clean windows. Did not know you could and I use neat sims a lot.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I just discovered I can have a single parent go out for groceries while their child is a toddler and not have to pay for a baby sitter.It's the result of a Mod I installed to fix the single parents with toddlers issues.It's impossible without this Mod to have a single parent raising a toddler alone.
    24409992550_3d12f399ac_c.jpg

So empty in the background in this pick. No other buildings.did you turn them off?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top