Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you reading right now?

Katie_LouKatie_Lou Posts: 29 Member
Hi lovelies! If I'm not simming, I'm reading. Are there any other bookworms out there?

I just finished Exit West by Mohsin Hamid which was shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize 2017. I liked it just fine, but it had elements that aren't my cup of tea. Right now I'm reading The Voyage Out by Virginia Woolf and I've also been slowly working my way through The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan.

So my question for you is, what are you reading right now? I'd love to talk books. ♥
"Language is wine upon the lips." —Virginia Woolf

Comments

• Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    A Pen wrote:
    Well I'd hardly call myself a Bibliophile bookworm, however I have recently been thumbing and skimming my way through two books...

A Gentle Madness
    And
    Abnormal Psychology
  • 0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    The Secret Dream World of a Shopaholic.
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I'm currently re-reading the "hush,hush" book series written by Becca Fitzpatrick

^ if you're into romance-esk books but with darker twists and turns? this book series is one you'll thoroughly enjoy - there's 4 books in total.. hush, hush|crescendo|silence|finale
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • captainsarcasmcaptainsarcasm Posts: 14 New Member
    I am currently reading the Ship of the Dead by Rick Riordan - follows on his Percy Jackson series but with the Norse Gods this time. I love his work.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2018
    I read ''Tugdual, Harry Potter, The Baudelaires Orphans & Cherub''.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    Eric, by Terry Pratchett... and I just got caught up on the Bogleech webcomic, Awful Hospital. Ive got a HUGE backlog of comics to catch up on, and Im waiting for East of West Volume 8... Not very patiently!!!!
  • HoustonlizzieHoustonlizzie Posts: 11 New Member
    @Katie_Lou currently reading this thread ;D
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    Ive also got a pile of Phillip K. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and Robert Heinlein books Im working my way through. I must say I prefer PKD though. Some of Heinleins stuff is pretty misogynistic.
  • historynerdhistorynerd Posts: 209 Member
    I'm currently reading War crimes for the home by Liz Jensen and Mayflowers for November: The Rise and Fall of Anne Boleyn by Malyn Bromfield.
    Official Victorian and Edwardian Nerd
    P2Wn3TO.jpg
  • Tinf0iITinf0iI Posts: 115 Member
    i have three books on the go. the fifth percy jackson book which i somehow forget the name of, the time quake, and the barcode tattoo.
    giphy.gif
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I'm going through the whole Harry Potter series right now - at the moment, I'm on the forth book (Goblet of Fire)
  • MingleMasherMingleMasher Posts: 58 Member
    I’m reading ‘Please Don’t Take My Baby’ by Cathy Glass. The author is a foster career and shares some of her most intricate stories. Very interesting and often harrowing. Taking me a while to read but a good little book. I do like my Cathy Glas books.
    Films/Games/TS4/Books
    RPO_MAIN_VERT_DOM_2764x4096_master-e1518551513181.jpg
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    I just finished The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas - 5/5 stars, instant favorite. I just started An American Marriage by Tayari Jones - I loved her last novel Silver Sparrow so I hope this one is also a 5-star read. I had no idea it was an Oprah Book Club pick until this morning haha.
  • captainsarcasmcaptainsarcasm Posts: 14 New Member
    > @n3rdyz0mbie said:
    > i have three books on the go. the fifth percy jackson book which i somehow forget the name of, the time quake, and the barcode tattoo.

Nice to meet another Percy Jackson fan. Is it Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian that you are currently reading?
    > @n3rdyz0mbie said:
    > i have three books on the go. the fifth percy jackson book which i somehow forget the name of, the time quake, and the barcode tattoo.

Nice to meet another Percy Jackson fan. Is it Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian that you are currently reading?

i had to google it because i don't have my book with me, but yes.
    giphy.gif
    I'm going through the whole Harry Potter series right now - at the moment, I'm on the forth book (Goblet of Fire)

nice, re-reading or reading for the first time?
    i think i've gone through the series about 5 times now... i need to get some new books.
    giphy.gif
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Need to Know by Karen Cleaveland.

I'm also rereading Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth. Maybe I'll finish it before the 2nd book comes out haha (my reading pace is horrible these days. Stupid adult responsibilities :( ).
  • TeenWolf_1999TeenWolf_1999 Posts: 498 Member
    edited March 2018
    Notre Dame De Paris
    Post edited by TeenWolf_1999 on
    VaguePepperyAmericancrayfish-max-1mb.gif
    Steam:Quanode
  • ZeroGravity939ZeroGravity939 Posts: 20 Member
    Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban
  • CarolinaCanCarolinaCan Posts: 116 Member
    50 Shades of Grey
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Bram Stoker's Dracula.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• MingleMasherMingleMasher Posts: 58 Member
    The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
    Films/Games/TS4/Books
    RPO_MAIN_VERT_DOM_2764x4096_master-e1518551513181.jpg
  • AthsndwordsAthsndwords Posts: 16 Member
    I loved The Night Circus! Are you enjoying it?

I just started reading The Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg
  • ExagieExagie Posts: 39 Member
    I just started a book club and this month we're reading Gone Girl. :)
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Snow Falling from JTV [the book she wrote in the series] - oh my plum! it's incredible and I'm only half way through
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman