Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can I run Complete Collection on Windows 10?

sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
edited February 2018 in The Sims (2000)
Hey Simmers,

I've had The Sims Complete Collection run on my Windows 10 laptop before but a long while back it stopped working with the no-CD work around. I just reinstalled the game because I really want to play it again but can't find any no-CD patches anywhere. Can anyone help with this? Thanks!

UPDATE: I just tried to run the game again out of curiosity and it opened up but it was all glitched out. The neighborhood looked empty though the lots would occasionally appear if I hovered over them and when I tried to quit the game, the quit box kept disappearing before I could click it.

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sims vip got the sims 1 working with a work around I tried it and it does work. If you google it it will appear. It was within the last week, sorry I'm on my mobile and reception isn't great.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    @MidnightAura - Thanks! I'll give it a look!
  • corrcorrcorrcorrcorrcorr Posts: 4 New Member
    Did you get it to work?
  • simall8simall8 Posts: 30 Member
    @sims2freak737 You will need to run the game in Compatibility mode and also run as Administrator. To do this right click on The Sims 1 .exe and click on the "Compatibility" tab. You can then click the button at the top that says "Run compatibility troubleshooter". Once this goes through the process, you will be asked to run the game. Click on "Test the program..." The Sims should then open, and load up to the main neighborhood screen! Once everything has loaded and you are pleased with how everything looks, you can go ahead and quit. Then click on "Next" and complete the troubleshooter. Normally, it will set the game to Windows XP (Service Pack 3). If you need any further help, just let me know! :smiley:
  • rhurivrhuriv Posts: 1 New Member
    send me an email ill send you the patch or the youtube video.. ive been trying so hard to make sims 1 complete collection to work and i want to share it how .. im using windows 10 gtx 1060 intel i7.. my email is aceltomaquin@gmail.com ..ill be happy to help