Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Kindness Bench for SimLit Writers - For All Games!

Comments

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @MadameLee What was the fighting the bride-to-be got the twin involved in?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    edited March 2018
    @MadameLee What was the fighting the bride-to-be got the twin involved in?
    two chapters after "Look What You Made Me Do" chapter in my Swanson Legacy

this chapter:
    http://wwwswans.blogspot.ca/2017/10/79-dn.html

@simscognito
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    For_Eorzea wrote: »
    *face slams on the bench
    the exams are upon me again and I just keep procrastinating
    also reading through it my writing feels plum all of a sudden :s

Oh. Also. Sudden mood swings as exam week approaches are a thing you might have noticed as a repeated pattern in my messages here. Well, if this is the case, you are absolutely right. My self esteem is directly correlated with my studies performance to the point where it's freaking me the spooky student hell dream out.

*nervous Eorz noises

@For_Eorzea I can relate to wanting to do super well in exams. But in the end, they won't even matter that much. Just do your best. Study what you feel needs the most work and remember to rest and try to relax. Remember; you're a good writer! And being a good writer who can write well-structured essays goes A LONG way in the type of school you're in in pretty much every subject. :)

Tsemppii!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    *face slams on the bench
    the exams are upon me again and I just keep procrastinating
    also reading through it my writing feels plum all of a sudden :s

Oh. Also. Sudden mood swings as exam week approaches are a thing you might have noticed as a repeated pattern in my messages here. Well, if this is the case, you are absolutely right. My self esteem is directly correlated with my studies performance to the point where it's freaking me the spooky student hell dream out.

*nervous Eorz noises

@For_Eorzea I can relate to wanting to do super well in exams. But in the end, they won't even matter that much. Just do your best. Study what you feel needs the most work and remember to rest and try to relax. Remember; you're a good writer! And being a good writer who can write well-structured essays goes A LONG way in the type of school you're in in pretty much every subject. :)

Tsemppii!

this :) must work rip graduated.
  • For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    @RipuAncestor
    Hi, another welcome harbringer of common sense. I am positively happy for thy arrival. Kiitoksia. *eloquent bow*

@friendsfan367 A good point. ^_____^
    edited March 2018
    Edit: I somehow managed to double post the comment above. I could as well use this space in the thread to ask how you peeps are doing. So, how's the kindly bench today?
    Edit: I somehow managed to double post the comment above. I could as well use this space in the thread to ask how you peeps are doing. So, how's the kindly bench today?

thats okay i don't make good points to often. i leave that to cathtea.
    edited March 2018

thats okay i don't make good points to often. i leave that to cathtea.

Edit wrong thread. Sorry guys.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    The last two weeks something at "work" annoyed me.. a blue basket is normally at the nave of the church on an old pew. Well I use it to put recycling in it (ie leftover bulletins) when doing my job. But the last two weeks someone been bringing it upstairs *before* the day I come in. Which screws up how I do my job. Since my job is to do the back left *?) four pews first, pick up the basket then do the right (?) four pews and then go back to the front and do my job from there.. and when I was tell my parents about it just now they didn't think it was something important to be cranked up about. I could have allowed the basket to be up there in the hall if it was a Thursday or even a Friday (when this week's bulletins are made) but not on a Wednesday.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I feel like giving up on my story. I'm so royally stuck at this point I just want to quit. The frustration is eating me alive and I KNOW if I could just get over the hurdle I'm trapped at I could move forward with the chapter. /rant off
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    NyteRose wrote: »
    I feel like giving up on my story. I'm so royally stuck at this point I just want to quit. The frustration is eating me alive and I KNOW if I could just get over the hurdle I'm trapped at I could move forward with the chapter. /rant off

Aww don't quit @NyteRose . Your story is great! I think you need some more faith in your writing. I get you, though, with getting frustrated. I'm currently having that issue with a creative writing piece for uni. A technique I'm using to get over the frustration, however, is to write anything I feel like. I just forget about structure and everything that is holding me back and just write what I want to within the boundaries of the subject. The point of this excersise is to get into the rhythm of writing the fiction piece. So far, the excersise has worked in that it's got me to write something towards the short story. :D
    Hope this helps and hugs. :)
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    ^Ditto to what @Simscognito said @NyteRose . Lovely counsel. <3

Sometimes I've found it's good to step away from your story for a while if you feel too overwhelmed with it. (Granted not months on end, but maybe for a month or so...)
    Because I've had to do that, mostly due to life happenings, not that I was overwhelmed with my story, and when I come back...man I come back with a BANG! :star:;):p

:mrgreen:

Believe in yourself and in your writing, and you will never feel discouraged. <3 Best wishes.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited April 2018

@lisabee2: Sometimes Miss V has nothing to say she is so ordinary she has nothing to tell to us. An other piece of my own personality I gave her I don't know.
    Post edited by Simsophonique on
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    edited April 2018
    This happened today in my game:

So, this one lady is married to this dude who has the Jealous trait. She has a stepson, and she speaks to him, and the husband gets the Jealous reaction. Because a boy is talking to his wife.

The thing is, this kid is like three. And her son. Come on, Electronic Arts?

Edit: I usually pay no mind to weird stuff in the game, but this is so weird it's kind of hilarious and off at the same time.
    Post edited by For_Eorzea on
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    This happened today in my game:

So, this one lady is married to this dude who has the Jealous trait. She has a stepson, and she speaks to him, and the husband gets the Jealous reaction. Because a boy is talking to his wife.

The thing is, this kid is like three. And her son. Come on, Electronic Arts?

Edit: I usually pay no mind to weird stuff in the game, but this is so weird it's kind of hilarious and off at the same time.

I've seen stuff like this with the jealous trait! I actually really like it! I know a few jealous folk, and they're just like that!

"Um. Why did you smile at the butterfly?"

"Because it's beautiful."

"What about me? Don't you think I'm beautiful?"

"Yes. You're beautiful, too. Beauty isn't a limited quantity."

"OK. Still, I think you should smile at me."

I think EA got that trait JUST right! LOL!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

@CathyTea
    Once again, an excellent point. :D

I adore your sketch in your siggie file! Wow! You really captured the personality of these kids! :)@For_Eorzea

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I adore your sketch in your siggie file! Wow! You really captured the personality of these kids! :)@For_Eorzea

I've been practicing expressions lately, and am really liking the results myself, but this means a lot coming from you. ^____^
    @CathyTea

cathtea is great at making excellent points. :)
    @CathyTea

shes not so great at accepting compliments. she laughed at me. she a secret awesome ninja.
    @CathyTea

shes not so great at accepting compliments. she laughed at me. she a secret awesome ninja.

True (not the ninja part, but the compliments part). My reflex is always to deflect (OK... so that's the ninja part! Great at deflecting!). But I've been practicing saying, "thank you."

Thank you, sis! :)

Hope you're well! We got our new counters installed today! :) Sweet!

CathyTea wrote: »
    @CathyTea

True (not the ninja part, but the compliments part). My reflex is always to deflect (OK... so that's the ninja part! Great at deflecting!). But I've been practicing saying, "thank you."

Thank you, sis! :)

Hope you're well! We got our new counters installed today! :) Sweet!

thats awesome so everything is going on schedule.

the ninja part is actually you awesome then run. see ninja. lol. i haven't seen you most of the week so a little little sis teasing :)
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Finally broke through my hurdle and am back to work on the current chapter. Should be posted in 2-3 days, maybe a little sooner if the creativity keeps flowing. Sorry for the wait and near month of no new updates.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    NyteRose wrote: »
    Finally broke through my hurdle and am back to work on the current chapter. Should be posted in 2-3 days, maybe a little sooner if the creativity keeps flowing. Sorry for the wait and near month of no new updates.

i finally got to generation2 last night.
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    *waves Just passing thru and wishing everyone a wonderful day .. HAPPY SIMMING!!

JNVladU.png
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger