Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to stop vampire break-ins?

I've tried deleting all the vamps in town but more keep generating.

Comments

• DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    Lock your front and back doors so only the household members can come in through them.

Don't want to use that solution, use the show hidden objects cheat and buy garlic braids, wreaths, etc., and hang them through the house. Use lots of the garlic items, it will make the vampires unable to bite your sims.
  • PluttskuttPluttskutt Posts: 112 Member
    Locking doors have always worked for me, they can't get in that way, and in my apartment I just hung a wreath at the front door and the vampires who came made a disgusted face and left right away
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Nope, not unless you mod it. The garlic suggestion never worked for me.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Avoid learning the vampire lore. It seems like the more you learn it, the more that kind of thing happens.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Maybe it's a bit late but if you start a new safe right at the beginning, immediately put "Private Lot" trait. So POWERFUL the trait not only can prevent the Welcome Wagon Event also NO VLAD'S TUTORIAL'S BREAK-IN! None of regular and irregular townies will pay you a visit on front door.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2018
    I had to download 3 individual mods to completely remove vampires from my game and I’ve never seen them since.

One stops vampire invasion on community lots. The second keeps vampires from visiting homes. The third one stops that vampire tutorial thing. No vampires are generated either. Got them all from MTS.
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    If you have MCCC, you can change the number of vampires allowed to generate to 0, though that might only have an effect on vampire children. There might be some other MC Occult settings that could help you out there. You could also try changing the Maximum Homeless Households to 0 avoid townie generation if you have MC Population... though I have found that doesn't really stop vamp generation (or any townie generation) at all. The Fewer Townie Generation mod does stop the game from generating any vampires, aliens, and, well, pretty much all townies except for those needed to fulfill certain NPC roles. I honestly can't play without that mod anymore. :sweat_smile: If you don't mind fewer townie generation and don't mind mods in general, that might be your best shot. That, and aforementioned suggestions to add the Private Dwelling lot trait or simply locking doors in-game hehe.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I currently only get those silly community lot break-ins. The last one was hilarious - Vlad entered the karaoke bar and ended up singing with sims cheering him on!

The only other thing to note is that vampires knock at the door during the evening with my sims in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. When I switch to Windenburg, San Myshuno or Brindleton Bay, it doesn't happen.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited March 2018
    The most simple solution is not to have the pack installed at all. Live without the B/B and CAS options.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • asadlittlepotatoasadlittlepotato Posts: 23 Member
    Garlic does prevent them from biting your sims, but they still show up. tbh I don't even mind it anymore. If I see a vampire I particularly dislike I just manually delete them
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    The most simple solution is not to have the pack installed at all. Live without the B/B and CAS options.

Um...
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Mods seem to be the best way to get rid of them entirely, unless you don’t mind waking up your sims whenever the vamps come to the door, or perhaps hanging up garlic.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited March 2018
    I just delete the vampires <3 I edit world and they disappear >:)

I play kind of erratically, but vampire break-ins dont happen very much in my game anyway, only when I first got the pack. I am going to keep vampires in one of my saves and out of my normal play save :)
  • ellena24ellena24 Posts: 11 New Member
    I use Garlic and it works
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Vampires are part of the VAMPIRE pack and it is their programming to act like vampires. It would be like trying to stop the bartender from making drinks. I'd say if you don't like the vampires don't install the pack made specifically for the vampires. They are vampires - it is what they do.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited March 2018
    Here is a few suggestions
    1. When you start the save, before the Vlad into sets off, delete all the vampire households in FH. You may still have to check the townies bin every once in a while and delete some that are generated, but break-ins should be reduced/non existant
    2. Lock the back&front doors
    3. Garlic everywhere, kind of. I usually put the ceiling hanging braides because they aren't visible in live mode as much. Usually I hang then over the door(s). If your sim likes gardening I also will plant garlic going up to the steps of the house since the garlic plants also ward off vamps.

You can also try the private lot thing mentioned above but I have not tried it myself so I can't speak for how well it works, the above methods I mentioned above have kept my non vamp saves basically vamp free. Especially 1 for me is very effective, but it is important to not let the vamp event trigger in a save. While I say these work for me other people on the forums have had vary different results with all the methods I've listed so I really can't guarantee anything, since I don't know the actual coding in it.

There are some known bugs regarding community lot break ins, nothing to help with this sorry.
    The only sure fire way to remove vamps is to not install the pack( or mods, I have no experience there though), but I hope that one of the methods listed here is effective since it would be plum to not get to use content you paid for.

Hope this is helpful :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    1. When you start the save, before the Vlad into sets off, delete all the vampire households in FH. You may still have to check the townies bin every once in a while and delete some that are generated, but break-ins should be reduced/non existant
    3. Garlic everywhere, kind of. I usually put the ceiling hanging braides because they aren't visible in live mode as much. Usually I hang then over the door(s). If your sim likes gardening I also will plant garlic going up to the steps of the house since the garlic plants also ward off vamps.

You can also try the private lot thing mentioned above but I have not tried it myself so I can't speak for how well it works, the above methods I mentioned above have kept my non vamp saves basically vamp free. Especially 1 for me is very effective, but it is important to not let the vamp event trigger in a save. While I say these work for me other people on the forums have had vary different results with all the methods I've listed so I really can't guarantee anything, since I don't know the actual coding in it.

There are some known bugs regarding community lot break ins, nothing to help with this sorry.
    The only sure fire way to remove vamps is to not install the pack( or mods, I have no experience there though), but I hope that one of the methods listed here is effective since it would be plum to not get to use content you paid for.

You do know some vamps can be garlic immune by the way. But I fail to understand why buy a vampire pack if you don't want vampires. Just silly to me as no amount of Build stuff is worth leaving dangling programming in your game. That is just asking for problems in your game you know. Deleting only deletes on the surface - not from the programming of the game itself - and in fact aggravates the AI that is left constantly looking for it's programmed characters. Eventually the AI is going to create freezing and lagging - maybe even making your game unplayable. So why buy the pack and set yourself up for game issues. Makes no sense to me.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DarkFoxGirl13DarkFoxGirl13 Posts: 45 Member
    locking all doors for household and allow hired help works for me
  • alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    edited May 2018
    Post edited by alex_alex09 on
    Simanite wrote: »

Um...

I'm serious! People are complaining about Vampires in a pack called VAMPIRES! They are the main feature of that pack. It's basically like standing in a fire and complaining that it's hot.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    It's weird how a lot of people complain about vampire break ins and they never happen in my game. I don't have any random generated vampires in my game and the 3 premade ones never break in. Maybe because I disabled fill empty homes or because my sims never interact with vampires and i don't really play in forgotten hollow.

I found that if you don't look up vampire information on the computer or interact with them outside of Vlad's first visit or go to Forgotten Hollow then they usually don't show up at your home lot or community lots unless they take an NPC role like as a chef or vendor.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Mods to have them not pester your sims.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I have found, the hard way, that if you do absolutely nothing vampire related they don't invade. Vlad might come by, but if you ignore him he goes away. The water slide makes a great diversion. He loves that thing, and will slide until the sun comes up, forgetting about your sims in the process.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited March 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    BeJaWa wrote: »

You do know some vamps can be garlic immune by the way. But I fail to understand why buy a vampire pack if you don't want vampires. Just silly to me as no amount of Build stuff is worth leaving dangling programming in your game. That is just asking for problems in your game you know. Deleting only deletes on the surface - not from the programming of the game itself - and in fact aggravates the AI that is left constantly looking for it's programmed characters. Eventually the AI is going to create freezing and lagging - maybe even making your game unplayable. So why buy the pack and set yourself up for game issues. Makes no sense to me.

@Writin_Reg
    For garlic immune vamps, yes these fellows can spawn, but that is why I recommend the delete and clean out saves once and a while as the best option. You will need to delete some townies occasionally who a spawned as vamps, in case that was not clear enough. As it stands combined with the chance of a vampire attack and the odds of a vampire getting one specific trait, I personally would not be stressed about this as much myself.

As for AI freezing and lagging, I haven't seen any of this being related to vampires, and out side of the lag I see in every game regardless of what I do, I haven't seen any difference between my non vamp saves. So again I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Anyways at this point I am giving advice because they clearly already have the pack, I don't know the reasoning for it and I don't really care to know, so I just wanted to give advice. I agree with many of your sentiments here regarding buying a pack with content you don't like, but the op asked for advice and I wished to share what I knew on the issue. :)
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    It's weird how a lot of people complain about vampire break ins and they never happen in my game. I don't have any random generated vampires in my game and the 3 premade ones never break in. Maybe because I disabled fill empty homes or because my sims never interact with vampires and i don't really play in forgotten hollow.

I found that if you don't look up vampire information on the computer or interact with them outside of Vlad's first visit or go to Forgotten Hollow then they usually don't show up at your home lot or community lots unless they take an NPC role like as a chef or vendor.

I have found that to be untrue
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.