Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Fling Homemade Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Wow!! I almost missed it too! Nothing like being almost last minute!!
    At first I didn't think I could meet the deadlines for the ending but it turns out now that all is good!! :)

Buddy Letter form:

Username: Kgaff

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kgaff

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All of them

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: High-End Loft stuff, Town Life, Master Suite, 70's, 80's & 90's stuff, Diesel Outdoor Living

I own the following Store Content: Everything except pre order sets, Katy Perry, Dr. Pepper and a few misc. clothing items.

I own the following EA-made Worlds: I have all the EA worlds

Some of my favorite colors are: blue, peach, yellow, soft greens. Beach colors, woodsy colors, mellow colors

I really don’t like this color: Bright orange, purple, really dark colors and please go easy on the brown (except for wood of course)

I love to use items from this set: I use it all and mix it up so whatever you have, go for it!

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: I use all of them except Midnight Hollow

I enjoy this style of build the most: Ranch, Victorian, Second Empire, traditional style family homes. For commercial lots I enjoy having multiple things to do on the one lot like eating, something fun or athletic or artistic.

I really don’t want this in my game: can't think of anything

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: 20x20, 30x30 are best but if you need more or less room that's okay too! [Please no 40x30 lots] I usually play a single sim so one or two bedrooms if perfect if you are going build a house

I want/don’t want berry sims: no thank you

I want/don’t want occult sims: Witches or fairies are okay. I don't really play with the occult too much.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: Sure! I like all of them but only one per household

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? A couple of skill points of any kind is great

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? If you have time but totally not required

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skills would be awe-sim!) I love having a computer, starter garden and I really like my sim to have the sketch pad and/or the drafting table instead of an easel

Other:
    I'm open to everything, just have fun, use your imagination, let yourself go!

If you don't like to build, there are lots and lots of homes and/or businesses in all the towns that really could use a remodel.

This text is to certify that I have read the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @Mystik & @Kgaff!!! SOOO nice to see more familiar faces. :#

You guys are right.... better late than NEVER! Happy you 2 can be a part of this. WooHOOOOOOOOO!!! haha
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    @MiaSkywalker Thanks! I have wanted to set up my own website for my sims stuff for a long time and even more now that my forum threads are full of broken pictures. I might be looking for a solution with less setup required for the sake of this exchange (if such a thing is available), but thank you very much for the information! I'll definitely look into it.
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @KaytayRoall I made a tumblr account and just upload pictures there so I can link them on the forums. It's worked okay so far, and it only took a few seconds to sign up. It's another option to look into but weebly and wordpress are great options too. I still have broken picture links everywhere from when the forums were moved to this new site. (I say new, it's like 4 years old now.) Welcome to the late arrivals, glad to see more people participating.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @KaytayRoall: Oh, weebly is VERY easy to use. Website creation is all drag and drop. Personally, I wish there were a way to enter my own code to my page; I can't figure out right now if there's a way to do spoilers, and that kind of bothers me.

I don't know if it's easier or harder than WordPress, but I also don't know if WordPress would allow 3rd party linking to images.

@Kgaff: Great to see you here! Always nice to have you in an exchange like this. :)
    On your mark, get set...

checkered-flags.jpg

This exchange is now closed for entries!

edited March 2018
    It's good to know that weebly is easy to use, I've visited sites made with it but haven't used it myself so I don't know much about it. I have hotlinked pictures from wordpress before but it's been ages so I don't know if it's changed since then. It's just a very easy to use blog site that lends itself well to sites that you just want to quickly set up and not really worry about customizing too much. I suppose that's the only reason I've mentioned it.

I was mostly just trying to say something instead of just refreshing this page, come on buddy name! *shucka shucka*
    When Photobucket decided to mess with everyone, someone suggested Flickr as a place to host images. They can be shared to 3rd party sites - like here. So, that's what I've been doing.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    Eeeeekkkk I'm so excited! Can't wait for buddy names!!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Ah, well, I guess it'll be tomorrow before I know who my buddy is. You all have a good night. I'm sure there will lots of excitement around here tomorrow.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    I'm back! Two more have joined in the fun ... hooray ... off to move a few names around and then get those PMs sent.
    Got my buddy name, checking in now because I might be incommunicado for a few days.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Buddy names have been sent.
    Be sure to leave a comment here to let me know that you've received your name.
    If you didn't get it, please let me know so I can re-send it asap.
    I received my name.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I have my buddy name, too. Off to research . . .
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Got MY buddy!!! :#
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I surfed the internet and got a few ideas!
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I've got my buddy, so here we go! :)
  • KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    edited March 2018
    Got my buddy name!!! <3
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited March 2018
    Okay I got my name, time to start making plans.

Siggy_4.jpg
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited March 2018
    *waves back at @MsPrissy88 * :) Nice to see you again.
    Siggy_4.jpg
    I did a little searching right after I saw who my buddy is. This one is gonna really make me put my thinking cap on!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    got my name!
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    Buddy name confirmed!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file