Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old Book Club Thread - Check out the New One!

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    edited March 2018
    This week, we begin a new two-week feature, the Landon Legacy (Chapters 1-10) by @Arrowleaf .

Read up, enjoy, and share informal comments and questions this week!

Starting Sunday, March 25, we'll have Coffee Hour, with our host @chocis !

Happy reading!
    Post edited by CathyTea on
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Yayyy!!! I've been really enjoying this so far!!!!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    This week, we begin a new two-week feature, the Langdon Legacy (Chapters 1-10) by @Arrowleaf .

Happy reading!

i think its called the landon legacy, , sorry i meant to pm you but forgot,
  • Options
    This week, we begin a new two-week feature, the Langdon Legacy (Chapters 1-10) by @Arrowleaf .

Happy reading!

Thank you! I've made the correction! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Happy reading!

Thank you! I've made the correction! :)

sorry i didn't tell you sooner. when i'm not busy i'm sleeping oh except yesterday i cleaned my entire apartment by myself, now i'm tired again.adulting is hard :)
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    This week, we begin a new two-week feature, the Landon Legacy (Chapters 1-10) by @Arrowleaf .

Happy reading!

Oh, I like @Arrowleaf's Landon Legacy. I'm looking forward to a reread. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

Happy reading!

@AdamsEve1231 is this a work that was read in your reading circle? If so, will you please announce this in your circle and invite folks to join us? :)

• Options

Happy reading!

@AdamsEve1231 is this a work that was read in your reading circle? If so, will you please announce this in your circle and invite folks to join us? :)

Absolutely, @Arrowleaf is in my WW circle. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

Happy reading!

Absolutely, @Arrowleaf is in my WW circle. :)

good that means i read at least some of the story.

:):):)
  • Options
    sis laughed at me. i know it was her.

ww knows that purposely read one chapter of whoever is featured just to help me keep the facts staight otherwise it would go a guy named emitt from space pressured a girl to get pregnant than they got a divorce and died.

thats details mixed from 3 ww stories.
  • Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    I had a bit of time, so I started reading this week's featured work and I actually finished it in one go.
    I totally love it! Maybe because I can somehow relate to it, as I also grew up in a small town with religious background.

My questions for next week:

to @Arrowleaf :
    1. You commented on one chapter that some part of the story was not planned. Do you spontanously decide to change parts of it, or did you play and things happened you decided to incorporate?

2. Your screenshots are beautiful. Are you editing them a lot? And how do you get them from such a low angle like this?
    BWa2ROk.png

Also I really hope your dog is better!

to the readers:
    Did you have any "Omg no!" moments while reading? I certainly had a few :D
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited March 2018
    I had a bit of time, so I started reading this week's featured work and I actually finished it in one go.
    I totally love it! Maybe because I can somehow relate to it, as I also grew up in a small town with religious background.

My questions for next week:

to @Arrowleaf :
    1. You commented on one chapter that some part of the story was not planned. Do you spontanously decide to change parts of it, or did you play and things happened you decided to incorporate?

2. Your screenshots are beautiful. Are you editing them a lot? And how do you get them from such a low angle like this?
    BWa2ROk.png

Also I really hope your dog is better!

to the readers:
    Did you have any "Omg no!" moments while reading? I certainly had a few :D

First of all, thank you so much for reading. <3 I appreciate it a lot.

My dog is doing much better. He went in for his checkup Wednesday and his liver enzymes are still elevated so now he has to take supplements but otherwise, he is doing much much better! Thank you for asking!

1. I very rarely let the game dictate what happens story-wise unless it inspires me in some way. Usually, when something unplanned happens it is because I let myself 'free write' while I had writer's block and thought whatever spilled out of me was interesting enough to use. Other times. I sit down to write what I had planned and characters had a mind of their own. :)

2. Thank you! I do edit my photos, but only to sharpen/blur them and do minor tweaks to coloring. I use in-game mods to change the lighting and I also use a mod to get the low angled shots. :smiley:

4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    Great questions, @candycottonchu. I always wanted to know about the lighting and the angles also. @Arrowleaf what lighting mods do you use?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Just finished reading the first ten chapters of this legacy and wow!!! This is sooo addictive!!!

I really get a feel of the small town society that these characters live in.

I must say I haven't had an omg no moment yet, but I am an avid team Willow and Christopher. Not sure I entirely trust Jay. XD
  • Options
    @simscognito and @Arrowleaf I agree. I like Christopher. :) They are super cute together.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Binged the whole thing the night before last. I'm not good with questions, so I'm going to be at least quietly cheering.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Yeah I did the entire binge while in a moving car. My phone's broken so I painstakingly loaded every chapter up on my Chromebook before leaving instead.

That out of the way, I'd like Topher better if he wasn't the younger sibling of her friend. It's weird but IRL I'd probably rather die than do that. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Great questions, @candycottonchu. I always wanted to know about the lighting and the angles also. @Arrowleaf what lighting mods do you use?

@AdamsEve1231

I use this lighting mod .

I also use a reshader and change my presets depending on the feeling I am going for.

@simscognito
    You are not the only person to feel that way about Jay. The Jay club is small. :smile:

@Maladi777 and @InfraGreen
    Thanks for reading you two! <3 I'm sorry it was a pain in the butt to do so though, Trip!

I, personally, wouldn't date my best friend's little brother either.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    Also, @chocis took a break from simming a few months ago (she was in my one of my reading groups), so I'm not sure she will be around to host. :smile:
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @Arrowleaf knows how much I love her story! :heart: I’m glad it’s being featured in book club! #TeamJay4Lyf
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    #TeamJay4Lyf

There's two of us! And that's all this ship needs. Plus accepting an adorable stepson would be a real Christian power move.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    @Arrowleaf
    thank you very much for your answers!
    And that angle mod is EXACTLY what I need, so thank you again for that!
    I tried to find one before, but wasn't successful so far.

For my questions to the readers, I didn't realize that the reading circle is only for the first 10 chapters... my OMG moments were all after that, lol.
    Sorry for that!

@CitizenErased14 , @InfraGreen
    The more I read of the story, the more I find myself also on #TeamJay, because I have the impression he's actually the only one that supports Willow without being pushy. He's always there for her when she needs him, and listens, though obviously he has a lot of his own problems.
    Even him not telling her about his marriage I find being considerate, it is not as if Willow was interested in him anyway, and she just lost her parents so brutally. I can see him not wanting her to worry about him, too.
    Sure, Christina, Topher and their family are also really good to her, but them being so judgmental and jumping to conclusions ruined them for me as good friends. I also think Topher should maybe first grow up and learn how to trust, before starting to date.
    I'd really like to see Will end up with Jay, even though I can see all the drama when the Levitts totally freak out about her dating a married man, and "destroying" his family, and so on.
    Sorry for the little rant! :D
  • Options
    My best friend doesn't have a little brother. :p

Haha.

Anyhoo, just wanted to say again how much I love this story, @Arrowleaf. I may have asked this before, but what was your motivation for writing this story or in better words, what inspired you to write this particular story?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Arrowleaf wrote: »
    Also, @chocis took a break from simming a few months ago (she was in my one of my reading groups), so I'm not sure she will be around to host. :smile:

Thanks for the heads-up. @Arrowleaf ! We can definitely do a "Be Your Own Host" Coffee Hour--we did it a few turns ago, and it worked great!

Please ask any questions you'd like of the readers, and please share all the behind-the-scenes goodies and sources-of-inspiration you'd like to share! :)

And we'll all ask and respond to questions, too, and it will work out great! :)

• Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I loved re-reading this story, I read all the way to end instead of just the first 10 chapters, lol.

As I'm sure @Arrowleaf saw in the comments I put, I was reacting to everything all over again. So great.

I have a question @CathyTea Are the questions supposed to be submitted here or sent to the host via PM?