Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ability to adopt or create pets and run a pet store or shelter

Similar to what we had in the Sims Unleashed <3
51V3Y80VKGL.jpg

I want the experience of going to a store, shelter or even a breeder to adopt / create a pet. I hate that I have to go into manage worlds in order to create a new dog or cat for my existing family.
It would also be amazing to have the ability to run a pet shelter. Similar to the vet clinic but finding good home for stray pets maybe even going as far as rescuing them from dangerous situations??
I dunno, maybe it's too extra, but I think it'd be a fun experience!
tumblr_p0rpdzaKbo1try09fo1_400.gif
Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith. Then the trust thing comes afterwards.

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'd like a pet store too, or at least the ability to buy pets through the phone (currently you can adopt through the phone though so at least you don't have to go into CAS for that, it's how I adopted my pet Paula xD)
  • JosographyJosography Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree, I really want to be able to run a animal shelter and adopt out animals! I think it would be a lot of fun, Maybe add it in with the get to work pack? Like you have to own the cats and dogs pack and the get to work pack and then you can run an animal shelter? Or something like that, Where you can expand and hire in help as well! I've been searching for a way to be able to do that but can't find anything like what I want, I hope they add this in! <3
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Josography wrote: »
    I agree, I really want to be able to run a animal shelter and adopt out animals! I think it would be a lot of fun, Maybe add it in with the get to work pack? Like you have to own the cats and dogs pack and the get to work pack and then you can run an animal shelter? Or something like that, Where you can expand and hire in help as well! I've been searching for a way to be able to do that but can't find anything like what I want, I hope they add this in! <3

You could even try the whole "exotics" route with the racoon, fox and savannah cats
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think we can "gift" pets to another household. Can a pet move out like a human sim? Can you edit the Shelter household and move a pet to the Adopting household?

If you create a lot with a sim who runs a shelter, you could give the lot the traits that make animals hangout there and then your sim could visit and adopt a pet (stray) as if it were a shelter pet.
  • BokinBokin Posts: 42 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't think we can "gift" pets to another household. Can a pet move out like a human sim? Can you edit the Shelter household and move a pet to the Adopting household?

If you create a lot with a sim who runs a shelter, you could give the lot the traits that make animals hangout there and then your sim could visit and adopt a pet (stray) as if it were a shelter pet.

Yeah this is true but I feel like it's not quite the experience I'm looking for. That is totally a good idea though, worth a try for now anyway!
    tumblr_p0rpdzaKbo1try09fo1_400.gif
    Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith. Then the trust thing comes afterwards.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I feel this is too reaching for them, seeing as how you can't even sell the rodents in retail stores due to how the store mechanics function, how can they be able to sell cats and dogs in them? The shelter thing could be doable, but maybe it might be a new venue type which once again would be too much of a bother for them to do but still, perfectly doable.

Also, someone mentioned this idea could be made for a DLC that not only needs one but TWO other DLCs? Please no. Don't give EA/Maxis more terrible marketing ideas.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Spunkey23Spunkey23 Posts: 3 New Member
    https://sims4updates.net/mods/animal-rescue-mod-and-career-by-purplethistles-at-mod-the-sims/?msclkid=8c48e956a5f511eca80e620be70e0fc1
    The post above is the link to the Animal Rescue Mod and Career by PurpleThistles

The Animal Rescue Mod includes a custom career, allowing your sims to become animal rescuers, custom pet stats added to sim stat page, price changes to feeding animals and veterinary treatment and training then placing your pets up for adoption awards your sims with simoleons.
    I hope this helps.