Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• mentalhygienementalhygiene Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello, I'd love the chance to beta test this tool, if you're still sending invites.

Thanks for sharing your hard work with the community!
  • VioletpVioletp Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! Sorry, I realise you're a bit packed up on comments, but I thought I'd give this a shot, if possible. Let me know, please. Thank you.
  • MexmaxxMexmaxx Posts: 2 New Member
    Id like to test it.
  • XeepocXeepoc Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello neia I would like to test this new tool from time to time, if you want to insert it into the German language, I can help you here then.
    This tool is so powerful and easy to use! Thanks again to Neia for all of the hard work and for sharing with the community!

I do have two quick questions, if someone could offer help.

1. When I try to upload a career icon and image, it seems that nothing happens. I'm able to browse for the images, but when I click "save," everything disappears. I have ensured that they're both the correct size and image format.

2. Is there a way to get descriptions to refer to the sim by name? (e.g. "<sim first name>'s job is to clean the toilets.")
    > @mentalhygiene said:
    > This tool is so powerful and easy to use! Thanks again to Neia for all of the hard work and for sharing with the community!
    >
    > I do have two quick questions, if someone could offer help.
    >
    > 1. When I try to upload a career icon and image, it seems that nothing happens. I'm able to browse for the images, but when I click "save," everything disappears. I have ensured that they're both the correct size and image format.
    >
    > 2. Is there a way to get descriptions to refer to the sim by name? (e.g. "<sim first name>'s job is to clean the toilets.")

My mistake! I triple-checked my image sizes and they were wrong. I'd still like to ask about using a sim name, if anyone knows how!
  • cutiemousecutiemouse Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd love to test it out if you're still offering invites.
  • ksomerksomer Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey, Neia! I've been wanting to try out doing careers for a while now, so I was wondering if you were still looking for beta testers? I'd gladly like to try it out!
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    @Neia I too would welcome the opportunity to test your career tool. Love what you do and would love to try my own spin on several custom careers -- especially specific military careers. Thanks!
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    > @mentalhygiene said:
    > This tool is so powerful and easy to use! Thanks again to Neia for all of the hard work and for sharing with the community!
    >
    > I do have two quick questions, if someone could offer help.
    >
    > 1. When I try to upload a career icon and image, it seems that nothing happens. I'm able to browse for the images, but when I click "save," everything disappears. I have ensured that they're both the correct size and image format.
    >
    > 2. Is there a way to get descriptions to refer to the sim by name? (e.g. "'s job is to clean the toilets.")

My mistake! I triple-checked my image sizes and they were wrong. I'd still like to ask about using a sim name, if anyone knows how!

It's {0.SimFirstName} or {0.SimName}
    For grammatical gender, you can use {M0.Man}{F0.Woman} where you replace Man/Woman with the word you want.
  • anarthanarth Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey Neia! I'm a huge fan of your career mods (I think I have all of them installed in my own game) I would love to help you beta test your CaC tool! (I've had experience in beta testing tools before. I use to make skins for Minecraft and helped beta test the skin tool that one of the admins on planetMC created)
  • ThatOne26ThatOne26 Posts: 2 New Member
    i dont know if this is the rite place to post this but, i wanted to make a mod where you get the option to put the lot type to an Apartment, so like a For Rent (Apartment mod) is it possiable to do and if so do you know where to start? i have everything downloaded that you need to make mods but when go to S4S and then extract tuning i dont know wt to type to start.
  • SimmerDesigns25SimmerDesigns25 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to help
  • mychem97mychem97 Posts: 22 Member
    I've been trying to create a custom career the past couple of days with some of the tutorials laying around the internet, but to no avail :disappointed:
    Would love to try this out, probably much easier to use than trying from scratch! :smiley:
  • mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    @Neia
    How does the text translation option work? If theoretically all tabs were completed, would that mean that one download file would work for any (language) game?
    I have some translations sent to me I'd like to add into the main package, this way when the career is updated, it will be regardless of language.
  • ScaperClaudiaScaperClaudia Posts: 102 Member
    Hi! I'd love to be able to create custom careers too. Could I get access to the tool as well? Thanks for all your hard work!
  • GentooGentoo Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I would like to join it.
  • poemetragurlpoemetragurl Posts: 17 Member
    Hello Neia,
    I love your careers and I would really like to join this beta testing.
  • Rocker91ADRocker91AD Posts: 8 New Member
    Hey Neia, loving the tool and working hard on my mod but for some reason I can't access the text summary for each job anymore or enter text for those. I found them once before but I don't see the option anymore. Do we only have that option when creating new levels?
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    mauvejinjo wrote: »
    @Neia
    How does the text translation option work? If theoretically all tabs were completed, would that mean that one download file would work for any (language) game?
    I have some translations sent to me I'd like to add into the main package, this way when the career is updated, it will be regardless of language.

Yes, the zip contains all the ressources for the different languages, so there will be one download file that works for any language. You can add the translated texts directly into the tool (on the career main page, just below the list of levels), so everytime you export (after an update for example), you'll get the translated texts in the zip.
    Rocker91AD wrote: »
    Hey Neia, loving the tool and working hard on my mod but for some reason I can't access the text summary for each job anymore or enter text for those. I found them once before but I don't see the option anymore. Do we only have that option when creating new levels?

It's on the career main page, just below the list of levels :)
  • Samidareko1Samidareko1 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I would love to test it. I've been waiting for career tool for such a long time
  • Rocker91ADRocker91AD Posts: 8 New Member
    > Rocker91AD wrote: »
    >
    > Hey Neia, loving the tool and working hard on my mod but for some reason I can't access the text summary for each job anymore or enter text for those. I found them once before but I don't see the option anymore. Do we only have that option when creating new levels?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's on the career main page, just below the list of levels :)

Thank you so much I have no clue why I couldn't find my way back there. And a general question for Neia and everyone, how are you finding images to use as icons? Are you just using the standard sims 4 images for everything? I want my icon to be like a match for the game but I also can't find anything that matches.
  • ChesterChester Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello Neia!
    So many people who wants to test your mod and create a career. Me too!
  • aplouffe3135aplouffe3135 Posts: 1 New Member
    @Neia ! I was actually looking for a tool like this for soooo long ! I guess I didn't know where to look...

I would love to have access to that tool !

Thank you so much for your hard work !
  • GothyPandaGothyPanda Posts: 1 New Member
    @Neia
    Hello! I'm not sure if you're still allowing beta testers, but I would love to be one of them! And thank you so much for all the hard work you've done with it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top