Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not So Berry Legacy Challenge

Comments

• The_FireDragon15The_FireDragon15 Posts: 1 New Member
    I just got the Sims 4, and it doesn’t work on my computer, but I’m getting a new computer at the end of March, this WILL be the first thing I do, but I’m putting a twist on it I’m doing it in order of MY favorite colors, which is, and ther names
    Blue: Azura
    Mint: Crystal
    Yellow: Honey
    Rose: Scarlett
    Peach: Nutmeg
    Orange: Amber
    Green: Jade
    Pink: Ruby
    Plum: Lavender
    Grey: Skye
  • GeorgiaPeachGeorgiaPeach Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="princess2109;c-15634505"]I just wanted to show you guys Beryl's bf Jace bc he's precious a h h h

I know this is random, but I was wondering what skin you use, your sims are beautiful.
  • GeorgiaPeachGeorgiaPeach Posts: 2 New Member
    @princess2109 ^
  • faithsimmingfaithsimming Posts: 1 New Member
    My mint sim, Maggie and her daughter Emily (rose gen). I was not sure if rose meant red or pale pink so I went with pink.
  • GamingwithlilGamingwithlil Posts: 7 New Member
    I can't do it because I have Xbox one
  • BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    My mint sim, Maggie and her daughter Emily (rose gen). I was not sure if rose meant red or pale pink so I went with pink.

At first I was going to go with a shade of pink, but then I remembered pink was a later generation, so I went with red! It's kind of fun that we can interpret some of the colors differently.
  • Sizzle_SimmerSizzle_Simmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Im new, i just want to know, is this fun? Ive seen @vixella do this. Im doing this, and if anyone wants any miny cc, ive made some.
  • DeDeplus3DeDeplus3 Posts: 199 Member
    > @BlindxSecrets said:
    > @alwaysimmingg Oh, please do! <3
    >
    > I've been looking around the last few days for an interesting legacy to try to get me back into the game (I've been away for two years) and this is such a neat idea, I have to try it. :D I'm not terribly far yet, only just started (though I did spend a lot of time decorating my Sims' apartment lol). My Sim's name is Cerulean Blue (even though it's supposed to be Minty, I couldn't think of another name). Really enjoying her so far.

Awesome sim!!
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    got question i don't have vegatrain trait can i use something else?
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • KvelvetKvelvet Posts: 262 Member

Hey, I'm not the creator of this challenge, but would like to offer my help nonetheless so that you can do this challenge even if your game is lacking in certain traits and what have you. I'm sure that like everyone else doing this challenge, we'll help you find a way ;). If I didn't have the vegetarian trait (City Living game pack), then I would first choose a trait that is not required for the other generations.

Here's a list of those traits you'll need to use for the other generations as a refresher:

Mint: Vegetarian, Jealous, Materialistic
    Rose: Hot Headed, Snob, Romantic
    Yellow: Clumsy, Ambitious, Loner
    Grey: Active, Slob, Music Lover
    Plum: Genius, Noncommittal, Dance Machine
    Orange: Evil, Self-Assured, Glutton
    Pink: Neat, Unflirty, Creative
    Peach: Foodie, Lazy, Goofball
    Green: Squeamish, Geek, Cheerful
    Blue: Gloomy, Perfectionist, Family Oriented

Then I would make sure my sim only eats vegetarian foods: this now also includes dishes that contain eggs (eggs and toast, spinach frittata, and omelet), no seafood. That's if you want to keep with the challenge rules in some way, shape, or form. With the actual vegetarian trait, your sims get very sad if they eat meat, and they become sick (nauseous).

Good luck!
    Origin ID: ScarletteII
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Kvelvet wrote: »

Hey, I'm not the creator of this challenge, but would like to offer my help nonetheless so that you can do this challenge even if your game is lacking in certain traits and what have you. I'm sure that like everyone else doing this challenge, we'll help you find a way ;). If I didn't have the vegetarian trait (City Living game pack), then I would first choose a trait that is not required for the other generations.

Here's a list of those traits you'll need to use for the other generations as a refresher:

Then I would make sure my sim only eats vegetarian foods: this now also includes dishes that contain eggs (eggs and toast, spinach frittata, and omelet), no seafood. That's if you want to keep with the challenge rules in some way, shape, or form. With the actual vegetarian trait, your sims get very sad if they eat meat, and they become sick (nauseous).

Good luck!

Also, if you notice, I believe, for the most part, traits were chosen because the color of the icons matched the generations as well.
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Kvelvet wrote: »

Good luck!

Ah, thank you is all i wanted to know and thank you answering for my question.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I'm new to all these challenges and "legacy" things - so I was wondering, when you say generation.. I'm guessing this is like having the 2 OG sims being generation 1 and then a kid which is generation 2? (and so on?!)
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    It's up to you! I always start off with a single Sim, my gen 1, have them marry/hook up and have a kid who becomes gen 2, and so on.
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    It's up to you! I always start off with a single Sim, my gen 1, have them marry/hook up and have a kid who becomes gen 2, and so on.

So like
    OG sims - gen 1
    They have kids - gen 2
    They have kids - gen 3

etc etc?
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

So like
    OG sims - gen 1
    They have kids - gen 2
    They have kids - gen 3

etc etc?

I don't know what 'OG' means, but yes, like that.
  • MaddisansMaddisans Posts: 23 Member
    > @PastelMermaid said:
    > I'm new to all these challenges and "legacy" things - so I was wondering, when you say generation.. I'm guessing this is like having the 2 OG sims being generation 1 and then a kid which is generation 2? (and so on?!)

Basically, you normally start out with a young adult sim (gender, appearance and traits depend on what kind of legacy you're playing, if you're just playing a regular legacy challenge then you can do what you want when it comes to those things unless the rules say otherwise) and you try to get them to either marry or just have a kid with another sim (again marrying or just having a kid along with the sim's gender, appearance and traits depend on the rules) the number of kids, again, is determined if the rules say anything about that, but you'll have to choose one to be your "heir" (the main one you'll focus on) and once you're done doing whatever that generation has to do before they die, then continue the circle of life!
  • DeDeplus3DeDeplus3 Posts: 199 Member
    Can't wait to try this challenge!
  • CrescentMoonPyeCrescentMoonPye Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited March 2018
    Turns out that I've been inspired by this challenge on a tangent. From the Lot's perspective/extraneous minutia, you might say. Everything but what I'm supposed to be doing with the challenge. lol
    I saw @priscapup's Absinthe Wormwood - Mint Gen., and couldn't quit laughing at the creativity you are all showing in this challenge.
    So I got obsessed and made her sim an appropriate cat... and then a custom-made apartment to put them in... and neighbors to live across from her... and a love interest...

So I haven't played this challenge directly, but it has swallowed my gameplay and filled up my Gallery none-the-less; and sent my playtime down roads it would not have gone down otherwise.
    So TY #notsoberry challenge. I'm having fun with you in a non-rule-following-kind-of-way.

Carry on, funny simmers. You inspire and you don't even know it.
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    Love this thread! I first heard about #notsoberry a few months ago when I started watching vixella. Now that I have more DLC I've finally started my own. This is my first legacy challenge and I'm plumming excited! I made just a couple adjustments because I don't have Get to Work and I don't like the mischief aspiration (done it once before). I don't own Parenthood either but I plan on getting it next month so I'll be set when I get to Gen 4.

This is my founder Pennyroyal Berry! Everyone's names will reflect their colors in a similar way and every heir will keep the Berry surname, English royal family style.
    2h4fic5.jpg
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I am on Pink generation and each generation has a color coded cat! Love this challenge - first time I have ever done a legacy challenge and stuck to it.
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    I am on Pink generation and each generation has a color coded cat! Love this challenge - first time I have ever done a legacy challenge and stuck to it.

That's such a cute idea! The Pink generation looks like it'll be one of my favorites.
  • NextTrickAnvilsNextTrickAnvils Posts: 100 Member
    @honeywitch Ooh Pennyroyal is super pretty <3

I've been wanting to do this challenge for a while and I finally got started.

03-19-18_7-19-33c2a0pm.png?w=1024

Say hello to Andi Bushel (Andi in reference to "Andes Mints" different spelling I know but I thought it was funny and Bushel because "a bushel of berries" ;) ) I'll be posting up the Bushel's story on my blog.
    @honeywitch Ooh Pennyroyal is super pretty <3

Thank you! I love her <3 Good luck with Andi Bushel (great name btw). Just enjoyed the first chapter :smile:
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @honeywitch I think Pink is the hardest so far - she has a lot to accomplish! She is almost there though - just have to finish her wellness skill! Have started on Peach - she is a kid right now with a twin sister. Pink also has a twin sister as Orange had to have twins so it must be a thing now in their family!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top