Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ability to move the mailbox!

Hi guys, I was rearranging my house and trying to make the most of the space that I have to make my rooms bigger. I have a nice little garden area at the front of the house but unfortunately, the mailbox (which only serves as a way for you to watch adverts occasionally) is getting in the way!

I really hope that in the future we will be able to move the mailbox (probably not be able to store it as I think having the advert option is always good), but it is really getting in the way of my garden design at the front of my house where I want to put two big trees!

What do you guys think? Should we be able to move the mailbox? Have you been able to design around it? Let me know! :)

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    What game are you playing?
  • Echo006Echo006 Posts: 31 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What game are you playing?

The Sims Mobile
  • SimKenzieSimKenzie Posts: 31 Member
    I'd really like to be able to move the mailbox, too. The way the game works now, if we can move an item, we can also put it into storage. Putting the mailbox into storage would remove ads from the home location. The dev team would probably need to adjust the game to allow it to be moved, but not be removed. You should submit that as a request on EA Answers HQ!
  • HardernaterHardernater Posts: 65 Member
    I can't believe since the softlaunch version, we're unable to move the mailbox. And maxis didn't do a thing about it..

118n437.jpg

Admin of The Sims™ Mobile Community at Facebook

The Sims Mobile : Hard2Describe / HYC9F67

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Yes please! :smiley:
    a256aFi.gif
  • LoversHovelLoversHovel Posts: 35 Member
    Would be nice to move it. I want to move mine near the street next to my path instead of just sitting in the middle of my front yard.
    Choose life, because life chose you to experience it.
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    Ditto, I wanna move mine. I've seen screenshots of people who moved it before launch so why can't we move it now? Doesn't make sense.
  • KuvuplanKuvuplan Posts: 34 Member
    I would be happier if I could move it closer to the street, then I could extend the house another set of blocks.

It should definitely be movable. Maybe a better option would be to have it across the street to check your mail. A lot of people have to do that in RL, why not Sims too? Then it would still always be around and select-able, but not effect your home and garden.
  • fayter95fayter95 Posts: 2 New Member
    +1, move the mailbox will be a good idea
  • SyrenaeSyrenae Posts: 6 New Member
    Would really love this! It's in the way a lot when designing your home a specific way.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    SimKenzie wrote: »
    I'd really like to be able to move the mailbox, too. The way the game works now, if we can move an item, we can also put it into storage. Putting the mailbox into storage would remove ads from the home location. The dev team would probably need to adjust the game to allow it to be moved, but not be removed. You should submit that as a request on EA Answers HQ!

There's already a feature not allowing to put the object in the inventory, kind of - when the object is in use. I experience that weird bug, where I won't get a baby in the bassinet, yet the game tells me that bassinet can't be put in the inventory because it's used. Sooo, they just have to implement that 'bug' to the mailbox ;)
  • MitsyMitsy Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi!
    I Absolutely Agree - we need to be able to move/ turn the Mailbox! I hate where it is, mist in the way!
  • Angie40Angie40 Posts: 41 Member
    omg this would be amazing.