Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Features we want in the game!

SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
edited March 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
If modders can make these happen, surely EA can make them happen even better with a whole team to work on them, provided no group irresponsibility happens (ie "I thought HE was doing that so I didn't do it"). Here's the current mega mod request thread. (Obviously excluding anything that would change the rating of the game, or anything remotely controversial or including religion. )

Here are some of my favorite ideas from that thread:
Eliminate hunger/hygiene motives from ghosts.
Stuck object remover.
Trash can that either doesn't need emptying or needs emptying far less(one item should not fill the trashcan).
Reduce Sims constantly getting drinks of water.
Mod exists for this: Ban Racoon/Bear suit for Random/Townies
Hire more than 3 retail employees. (Up to 5 perhaps?)
More lock functions on doors
Functional Storage boxes/crates/suitcases/backpacks
Additional Life States (Mermaid, Fairy, Witch, Genie, Werewolf, option to create Ghost in CAS).
Part-Time jobs for Adults (Ideal for parents with children and adult learners and stories about the underemployed)
Family Tree for Vampires
Child and Teen sleepovers (slumber parties)
Set curfew for child/teen
Toddler clubs
Cupcake recipes bakeable in regular oven
Chem lab/invention constructor unlockable and permanently usable by anyone who has been in a Scientist career (even if they quit/retire).
Higher maximum Sims per household (ideally to be set in gameplay options)
Stand still pose option in CAS (ideally as a button/switch that keeps them posed still until the option is turned off)
Add cleaning crew/janitor to venues (right now I use the gnomes lot trait, but this uses up one lot trait slot)
Functional Toddler stroller (or even cloned from the toddler high chair)
Thanksgiving/Holiday party social events
Better locks for Apartment doors (neighbors w/o keys should not just waltz in)
Security Guard part-time job
Jungle Adventure Market Stalls always staffed during daytime
Eliminate inappropriate whims (ie whim to buy stuff like washers/washtubs or research vampires (on lots w/o computers) while on community lots or jungle adventure lots)

More ideas I would add (that I have seen as mods/hacked objects/custom content from previous Sim games and from Sims 4 mods)
More recipes (recipes involving pumpkin or garlic for instance)
More harvestables (MTS icemunmun and Leniad have some great harvestable cc for Sims 4)
More woodworking sculptures/functional objects (example: wooden shields - they make great wall decor)
More traits
More careers (bring back Self-Employed, Firefighter, Education, Military careers, add Photographer, Archaeologist, Architect, Real Estate, Hacker careers) - I seriously miss the register as Self-Employed feature from Sims 3.
More aspirations
Pose player
First Sim in new household can be a Vampire without deleting a Sim.
Functional sliding glass door
Functional hot chocolate (plus also as a menu item for restaurants)
Door that changes a Sim's clothes (example - use Formal door as entry door for a Lounge if you want Sims to wear their formal outfit for that Lounge venue).
Commercial hand dryer
Upright vacuum (decor)
Animated electric fan
Air conditioning unit
Water heater unit
Body sprays/colognes that change a Sims life state (example: from Human to Vampire, Human to Werewolf, etc) - for Sims 4 some could change emotions
Scooter/bicycle/tricycle that only functions on the current lot - this was a hacked object from Sims 1.
Fixer-upper computer or car (Sim must repair it for it to function)
Ant farm
Chalkboard
Set of old-fashioned encyclopedias
Exercise rug (for calisthenics)
Functional piggy bank
Functional paper notebook (only works for the functions an actual paper notebook would...no browsing the web!)
Functional typewriter (again, no surfing the web nor chat/email functions on this one, but works for practicing writing, writing books, writing articles, and writing jokes or comedy routines)
Landline phone (even decorative only)
File cabinet that functions like a bookcase (yes, I have actually stored books in a file cabinet before).
CD/DVD tower (decorative or functions like a bookcase) - where else would Sims store their movies?
Loan certificates (buy with a negative value to gain money when purchased - selling them costs money)
Floatable objects, such as a beach ball.
Bring back Marco-Polo swimming pool game from Sims 2.
Option to enable/disable dishwashing for individual sinks in a Sim household's residence.
Functional go to school mod: Works for grade school, high school, and university
Wheelchair that functions as a regular living room chair. (Who hasn't sat in someone else's wheelchair at one time or another? Also good for storytelling.)
More baby/toddler onesies
Functional laptop computers
Add slots on top of refrigerators without making the refrigerator useless when slots not in use or putting food on top of fridge without eating it
Add slots on top of cupboards and bookcases, to sinks, to end tables.
Club edit function from Manage Worlds screen. (If the head of the Cooking club is employed at Chez Llama and I don't want her to lose that job, I cannot edit the cooking club encouraged/discouraged functions because the moment I play that Sim she loses that job since it is an NPC job). Besides, I want club members to be friendly to fellow club members in all the clubs in my game (and get club points for that), or at least not be mean to fellow club members.

I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
Post edited by SimsILikeSims on

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Some things already are in the game:
    1. If scientist quits, gets fired or retires from their job, they can still make seriums.
    2. In Parenthood game pack, your sim can set curfew with family bulletin board (one with the big clock).
  • CompletelyAstuteCompletelyAstute Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it would be cool if in CAS we could adjust the height of our sims. Not everyone is always the same height. Plus, couples could have, like, the short girl and the tall guy or story lines about short or tall people. I just think this feature would make it a little more interesting and shouldn't be too much to add?
  • RedSetterRedSetter Posts: 4 New Member
    I just want the ability for my Sims to buy residential lots and rent them out to other Sims. I want to own the whole SIM world... mwah-haha!