Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Enneagram Personality Test Types?

Because I'm a personality test nerd who greatly prefers the Enneagram test over the Myer Briggs one (I think it is a FAR more accurate telling of personality) I wonder if any of you simmers have taken it and found out your type? This is a long shot but I'm hoping xD

Here are the links if you haven't and want to take it, though!

https://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test (Long and short versions)

and a much better overview of the types than that website has to offer imo

https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/type-descriptions/
giphy.gif

I only played with you, string between a kitten's mitts.

Origin ID: Azaylia

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I am type 1, The Reformer.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I_Wanted_To_Be_EdgyI_Wanted_To_Be_Edgy Posts: 186 Member
    I'm a (cringey, huh who said that?) type 4, the dramatic 'individualist' :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited March 2018
    I got the Loyalist 6 (The Committed, Security-Oriented Type: Engaging, Responsible, Anxious, and Suspicious)
    My next highest was Peacemaker 9 (The Easygoing, Self-Effacing Type: Receptive, Reassuring, Agreeable, and Complacent)
    Followed by The Individualist 4 (The Sensitive, Withdrawn Type: Expressive, Dramatic, Self-Absorbed, and Temperamental)

All the other numbers were tiny or non-existent. 6 was miles ahead of the other numbers, though.

^^That was the short test

The long test I made a 5w6 The Investigator.

OK, so same test (different versions) but way different responses. When I take Meyers-Briggs I'm always the same. My second highest score was 6w5 (which is what Nani got below!) :)

Edit: Oooh! But 6w5 is still Loyalist. So I take back about way different answers. I think I should just go with 6w5 instead of 5w6 for the second test I took.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    Type 6, wing 6w5

When it starts by "insecure" i can tell it's accurate :D
    "I accumulate lots of knowledge to counteract my lack of self-confidence."
    yup. i have lots of useless knowledge
    Conflicted between trust and distrust

The Loyalist
    People of this personality type essentially feel insecure, as though there is nothing quite steady enough to hold onto. At the core of the type Six personality is a kind of fear or anxiety. This anxiety has a very deep source and can manifest in a variety of different styles, making Sixes somewhat difficult to describe and to type. What all Sixes have in common however, is the fear rooted at the center of their personality, which manifests in worrying, and restless imaginings of everything that might go wrong. This tendency makes Sixes gifted at trouble shooting, but also robs the Six of much needed peace of mind and tends to deprive the personality of spontaneity. The essential anxiety at the core of the type Six fixation tends to permeate the personality with a sort of "defensive suspiciousness." Sixes don't trust easily; they are often ambivalent about others, until the person has absolutely proven herself, at which point they are likely to respond with steadfast loyalty. The loyalty of the Six is something of a two edged sword however, as Sixes are sometimes prone to stand by a friend, partner, job or cause even long after it is time to move on.

Sixes are generally looking for something or someone to believe in. This, combined with their general suspiciousness, gives rise to a complicated relationship to authority. The side of the Six which is looking for something to believe in, is often very susceptible to the temptation to turn authority over to an external source, whether it be in the form of an individual or a creed. But the Six's tendency towards distrust and suspicion works against any sort of faith in authority. Thus, two opposite pulls exist side by side in the personality of enneatype Six, and assume different proportions in different individuals, sometimes alternating within the same individual.

The truly confounding element when it comes to typing Sixes is that there are two fundamentally different strategies that Sixes adopt for dealing with fear. Some Sixes are basically phobic. Phobic Sixes are generally compliant, affiliative and cooperative. Other Sixes adopt the opposite strategy of dealing with fear, and become counterphobic, essentially taking a defiant stand against whatever they find threatening. This is the Six who takes on authority or who adopts a dare devil attitude towards physical danger. Counterphobic Sixes can be agressive and, rather than looking for authorities, can adopt a rebellious or anti-authoritarian demeanor. Counterphobic Sixes are often unaware of the fear that motivates their actions. In fact, Sixes in general, tend to be blind to the extent of their own anxiety. Because it is the constant back drop to all of their emotions, Sixes are frequently unaware of its existence, as they have nothing with which to contrast it.

Because Sixes so frequently fail to appreciate the extent of their own fear, they often mistype themselves. It is common for instance, for female Sixes to mistype as Twos, especially if they are identified with a helper role, but Sixes have a much more ambivalent attitude towards relationships than do Twos, who generally know exactly what they want. Sixes, failing to recognize their anxiety, can mistype as Nines, but Nines have the ability to relax and to trust in others, neither of which come easily to Sixes. Sixes can mistype as Fours, especially if they have artistic inclinations, but they lack the Four's self-absorption. They can mistype as Fives, especially if they are intellectual, as many Sixes are, but unlike Fives, Sixes tend to be practical. Finally, conterphobic Sixes can easily mistype as Eights, but they lack the Eight's self-certainty.
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    @Idontrcall and @nani That's so cool that you both got more or less the same thing!! I'm a 4w5 so there is a lot of wing 5ness going on around here! :) Hmmm
    giphy.gif

• Options
    It's so incredibly accurate, unfortunately, I'm a anxiety ridden person

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @nani I feel you. But I'm sure that doesn't make you any less awesome ^^

@meerkattime Me too! Personality tests are so cool. I'm curious what you got on Myer Briggs now since you got 4w5. I am an INFP. ^^
    giphy.gif

• Options
  • Options
    @meerkattime Lol! Personality test twinsies. XD
    giphy.gif

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Apparently I'm type 4 hmmmm I guess it's somewhat true but I've never seen myself as self absorbed or expressive I'm more the hides in corners during parties I was forced to go sort of chick. Lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I'm an ISTJ. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @RedDestiny92 When I think self absorbed I don't think 'Would walk by a dying animal while looking at self in mirror' but more so I just get wrapped in my own problems sometimes (Anxiety, sadness) before noticing others, and or ....funnily enough, I like to talk about myself. So...like this discussion about my personality lol. :D<3
    giphy.gif

• Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited March 2018
    What I got:
    You are most likely a type 7.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 7w8
    THE ENTHUSIAST
    The Busy, Variety-Seeking Type:
    Spontaneous, Versatile, Acquisitive, and Scattered
    Type Seven in Brief
    Sevens are extroverted, optimistic, versatile, and spontaneous. Playful, high-spirited, and practical, they can also misapply their many talents, becoming over-extended, scattered, and undisciplined. They constantly seek new and exciting experiences, but can become distracted and exhausted by staying on the go. They typically have problems with impatience and impulsiveness. At their Best: they focus their talents on worthwhile goals, becoming appreciative, joyous, and satisfied.

Basic Fear: Of being deprived and in pain
    Basic Desire: To be satisfied and content—to have their needs fulfilled
    Enneagram Seven with a Six-Wing: "The Entertainer"
    Enneagram Seven with an Eight-Wing: "The Realist"

HAHAHA It doesn't differ that much from my ENTP type in the Meyers-Briggs. The problems they list are basically the same.

I've only read the Brief so far, I wanna know more details but my bed is calling me, so I might do it tomorrow. Anyway, thanks! I absolutely LOVE these personality tests and I had no idea this one was a thing.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @I_Wanted_To_Be_Edgy hmmm I could see that, I suppose my racing thoughts are more like that, nothing wrong with that just something else to talk about here :smiley:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
  • Options
    @meerkattime Same. I'm only expressive with people I'm close to (best friend, mom, brother.) As for parties... Well I never had any friends (bullied) so I never was invited but I imagine I'd be too awkward to function anyway and wouldn't like it lol.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited March 2018
  • Options
    @I_Wanted_To_Be_Edgy Well, looks like the personality tests are pretty right grouping us with each other as I used to be bullied as well... I'm older now though.

i was bullied as well

• Options
    lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm a type 6 with a wing of 6w5.

Which makes sense since I do have major trust issues (due to being bullied as well)
    ^^ trust issues was from the description from the site we took the test on.

Also, the description from the second site you linked is very true as well seeing as I do tend to be loyal to my friends, even to the point of when they are no longer loyal to me, and loyal to my beliefs. I also have a terrible time trying to make decisions for myself and often times second guess those decision.

For the short test, I got the same thing. XD

"You are most likely a type 6 (the Loyalist) with 6w5 wing."
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • Options
    KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Just took the test, apparently I'm a type 1 with a 1x9 wing (which I don't really understand). A good chunk of the description for 1 resonated with me, but I definitely don't try and pretend that I haven't got anger; I'm honest about what I'm feeling and I let myself feel it. I'm also in touch with my imperfections, despite being a perfectionist... yes, it's a weird paradox.

MBTI wise, I'm an ISTP but my P and J are quite borderline.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I got 1w9 - The Reformer and The Peacemaker.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    Muddy_RainbootsMuddy_Rainboots Posts: 44 Member
    Type 6: The Loyalist
    [img][/img]GGYliP7.jpg

It was an accident! I swear!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Long test - I got 5 (The Investigator, scored 12) followed by 9 (The Peacemaker, scored 10)

Short test - I got 5w4.

I'm also INTP.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    First test said it was 14 pages. Second test is 52 questions.

Where is the short version?