Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is There A Mod For This? Thread

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Hey, I thought there used to be some 'smart lighting' mods by Numenor or someone just as great, where lights turn off or on when Sims enter a room in TS2? Or did I dream it? You know like in TS3 or TS4 they go off when Sims leave the room unless you leave a light turned on.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I'm just going to put this mod here, because ... Wow this is great !
    If you played sims 4 parenthood, you know that it's a great GP (well, for those who like it) and this mod add the said GP into the sims 2 ! :o
    modthesims.info/download.php?t=607484

There is only one way to describe how I feel right now

giphy.gif
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Hey, I thought there used to be some 'smart lighting' mods by Numenor or someone just as great, where lights turn off or on when Sims enter a room in TS2? Or did I dream it? You know like in TS3 or TS4 they go off when Sims leave the room unless you leave a light turned on.

You mean this one ?
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    If you played sims 4 parenthood, you know that it's a great GP (well, for those who like it) and this mod add the said GP into the sims 2 ! :o

Oh cool! I haven't done my daily check out of MTS yet. I will be trying this later!
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Does anyone know if there is a download of the Sim State University terrain as a regular neighborhood?
    I really like the road layout but the game only allows you to have the pre made one, not even create a blank university with that layout!
    The lighting and the Parenthood conversion mods sound so cool :o
    I'm glad we have this kind of thread where we can discover cool mods :)

You mean this one ?

Thank you! Sometimes when I use MTS search feature nothing pops up so I appreciate the link!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a download of the Sim State University terrain as a regular neighborhood?
    I really like the road layout but the game only allows you to have the pre made one, not even create a blank university with that layout!

Check MTS, and if you can't find it, I'll extract it for you.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]

Hi, I looked around MTS and couldn't find anything. I also don't have any knowledge in how to extract neighborhoods so it would be awesome if you could extract it, thank you :)

Hi, I looked around MTS and couldn't find anything. I also don't have any knowledge in how to extract neighborhoods so it would be awesome if you could extract it, thank you :)

Shouldn't take too long, I've just gotta look up how to save the terrain preview photos... :)
    edited February 2018
    Also if you want any other terrains and don't have them, there's a megapack of extracted neighborhoods from genlisae here.
    Post edited by Scribal_Goddess on
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Is there a TS4 version of this thread?
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Wouldn't know, dear, my computer can't handle it. :)
    edited February 2018
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Yes, under the mod cc section of the TS4 forum. ETA: (It might be called WCIF etc. Where Can I find...)
    edited March 2018
    Is anyone using or know of a ligthing mod like TS3 had for making the days longer (daylight hours extended, not dark until 9PM) and not getting dark until much later past 6:00 P.M. ? There are plenty of lighting mods but I haven't been able to locate one that extends daylight hours for TS2.
    Is anyone using or know of a ligthing mod like TS3 had for making the days longer (daylight hours extended, not dark until 9PM) and not getting dark until much later past 6:00 P.M. ? There are plenty of lighting mods but I haven't been able to locate one that extends daylight hours for TS2.

Various scriptorium/radiance based lighting mods have been available for a while, though you will probably want one updated for Seasons. Once you've installed radiance, you can get various color tweaks, including A World Lit By Fire (one specifically for historical neighborhoods... your avatar made me think it was a good idea, lol.)

An alternative/update to the radiance mod is the ambiance mod, which has files for dawn and dusk here.

Happy simming!
    edited March 2018

Various scriptorium/radiance based lighting mods have been available for a while, though you will probably want one updated for Seasons. Once you've installed radiance, you can get various color tweaks, including A World Lit By Fire (one specifically for historical neighborhoods... your avatar made me think it was a good idea, lol.)

An alternative/update to the radiance mod is the ambiance mod, which has files for dawn and dusk here.

Happy simming!

I appreciate your links, and did read the notes and instructions to all three links, but I didn't really see anything in any of them that says they altered the hours of when the sun rises and sets. The dawn to dusk one still has the times set as the game by default. Maybe I missed some notes somewhere about chaning the hours of when the sun goes down.

Happy simming!

I appreciate your links, and did read the notes and instructions to all three links, but I didn't really see anything in any of them that says they altered the hours of when the sun rises and sets. The dawn to dusk one still has the times set as the game by default. Maybe I missed some notes somewhere about chaning the hours of when the sun goes down.

Oops, I'm a LLama brain today, I thought you wanted it to change the light, not the hours! (Also I don't have any of these in right now because I couldn't pick between them...)

I imagine that it can be changed - I just don't know how one would go about doing it. Too bad Numenor retired...
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Hmm how about some spa day esque items? Yoga mats and mud baths maybe?

Also anyone know if the corner seats in the Sims 4 c&d expansion have been converted?
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member

Wow thank you! Can't wait to try it :)
    Lift me up - Let me go
    edited March 2018
    Breazona wrote: »

Also anyone know if the corner seats in the Sims 4 c&d expansion have been converted?

I'll keep an eye out for these and post back (it may take awhile until some does convert this stuff) since I use a lot of converstions from many games in my TS2. I may run across them and let you know. They may already exists but not sure if they do or not. ETA: This site does a lot of conversions: https://linacheries.tumblr.com/post/156629918484/4t2-misc-object-conversions-these-are-super-random
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member

I know a Tumblr that index all ts4 to ts2 conversion ( http://ts4tots2conversions.tumblr.com/ ) You might found what you want (but i'm not sure, i haven't checked)

I know I have seen the yoga mats and corner seat converted, but finding them is problematic. Most converted stuff is done on Tumblr, not the friendliest to google or any other search. This site has downloads that have been released for 2, a lot of tumblr ones, but going through it all will be time consuming because there is no way to narrow down what you are looking for.

http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/tagged/s2cc
  • OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    I'm gonna drop this here: https://ts4tots2conversions.weebly.com, you can click yourself through categories and it will take you to different pages that might have even more TS4 to TS2 conversions.
    I'm gonna drop this here: https://ts4tots2conversions.weebly.com, you can click yourself through categories and it will take you to different pages that might have even more TS4 to TS2 conversions.

Oh nice find! I had no idea there was a conversion site for 4.