Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Great ways to use packs in combination

Hello!

Now that we have quite a few packs for this game, I wanted to make this thread to share some ideas on how combining features from the different packs can create some great game play and stories. We know that lots of features tie in well with the retail system from Get to Work and the club system from Get Together, I've seen lots of Spa venues perfect for Granite Falls, and people have made great vampire restaurants.

So how about sharing some examples? If you have a retail shop that sells pet items, or your sim is using his vampire powers in his doctor career, or combining her scientist job with strange club activities, or... I don't know, I want so see what creative combinations you've come up with.

It can also be just build/buy objects from different packs that go especially well together.

Here's one of my examples. I'll post more later on.
I play a young couple who live in Brindleton Bay and own a very small vet clinic. They are devoting all their time to the stray cats in the area. Gabriella is in politics (City living career), and is raising money for the cats. Her husband is a journalists, but they both work at their vet clinic/cat shelter whenever they have time.
zqwn7kn.png
Ji53Bqm.png
UuPfKqx.png
Gabriella has held lots of protests in the wharf, and is often collecting donations for her cause from the clinic customers.

So even though you can't really have a pet related cause in the City Living politics career, I find these features fit well together and I have fun with the story it's creating.

Now, let's hear about your favorite pack combinations :)

Comments

• Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    @CK213 I'm in love with your photos. I'm a huge Overwatch fan and oh my god I never realized there was CC out like this
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited March 2018
    Modsey wrote: »
    @CK213 I'm in love with your photos. I'm a huge Overwatch fan and oh my god I never realized there was CC out like this

I have never played Overwatch, but am nonetheless fascinated with the characters.
    This is all strange to me, but I am weirdly addicted to letting my sims CosPlay. I am always on the lookout for pop-culture outfits for my sims as I don't want them wearing the same things all the time.

It all started with this these pictures when I hadn't figured where the wings were. What a pose!
    09-28-16_7-54-06nbspAM.png

And this little interchange.
    10-01-16_2-48-48nbspPM.png

10-01-16_2-49-06nbspPM.png

I'll be glad when my sims age up into teens so they can hangout at the cafe, or attend geekcon.
    11-16-16_8-47-48nbspAM.png

09-10-17_9-11-10nbspPM.png
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Great photos! Even though I'm not sure what the game they're from is, of if it's TS4 where the outfits come from.
  • Options
    ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    I like to combine parenthood, kids room, and toddler stuff packs to make the ultimate family, house, etc.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    If I could get my hands on Laundry Day and Bowling Night eventually one of these days, if ever, I was going to combine a laundromat with the Maxis-made bowling alley, and then add my underground arcade I made myself underneath it. So people will come to bowl, but also I can take a Sim to do their laundry there, and my video gaming club can now meet there to play video games at their personal arcade, as well as go bowling!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I bet people will be doing some great things with the new Pets stuff pack in combination with Cats and Dogs. Those two packs seem to go very well together, it's almost like they could have been the same... should have been combined...

Wait a minute.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Been checking out the pics people have gathered from the trailer for the new pack. It looks like you could get really creative with a kid or toddler room with all the cutsie animal themed furniture if you combine that with Kid's Room SP and Parenthood. Maybe outfit an orphange. Or maybe you just have a crazy cat lady that wants cat themed everything. :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    I sent a vampire to the jungle last week; he bought one of the shower-in-a-bottle or whatever they were items but didn't end up using it. After he came home, he used it to extinguish himself after catching on fire due to a dirty lint trap. :D
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    If I could get my hands on Laundry Day and Bowling Night eventually one of these days, if ever, I was going to combine a laundromat with the Maxis-made bowling alley, and then add my underground arcade I made myself underneath it. So people will come to bowl, but also I can take a Sim to do their laundry there, and my video gaming club can now meet there to play video games at their personal arcade, as well as go bowling!

Now that's pretty creative!!!
    CK213 wrote: »
    Modsey wrote: »

I have never played Overwatch, but am nonetheless fascinated with the characters.
    This is all strange to me, but I am weirdly addicted to letting my sims CosPlay. I am always on the lookout for pop-culture outfits for my sims as I don't want them wearing the same things all the time.

It all started with this these pictures when I hadn't figured where the wings were. What a pose!
    09-28-16_7-54-06nbspAM.png

And this little interchange.
    10-01-16_2-48-48nbspPM.png

10-01-16_2-49-06nbspPM.png

I'll be glad when my sims age up into teens so the can hangout at the cafe or attend geekcon.
    11-16-16_8-47-48nbspAM.png

09-10-17_9-11-10nbspPM.png

I've only played Final Fantasy three or four times in my life and I didn't like it one bit, but I'm fascinated with the characters and their story lines which is portrayed in Kingdom Hearts. Which I never played either but my daughter is obsessed with the game, just as much I'm obsessed with The Sims.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I had my sims go on their honeymoon to Selvadorada. She found a lot of artifacts and is using the money she gets from selling them to open a vet clinic.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I probably have more ideas and can't think of it right now such an airhead and more so when it's time to eat, but I have a save I've been using for a while I'm maybe a little bitter about the death of one of the sims but when I use it I have a family Summer is Malcolm's wife he's not very high in his career so far stuck on protesting but she accepted being a part of one of the rich wives group to up his support. That's CL and GT at least which is minor but I do tend to mix things it seems sometimes items in different packs go together better than items in the same one. I could see their son in Selvadorado unable to just follow in his father's footsteps.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I've created two or three clubs. Each one is run by a politician, with a public relations person as a second. They can give speeches, paint murals, get others to be involved in their cause and fight with each other. Like little political parties inside the sims.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    @GoddessSims I already have Bowling Night now and scoped up the bowling alley that came with it! Looks like the arcade entrance will have to be in the back of the building. I can already see the washers/dryers upstairs near the restrooms too, but I won't be buying LD for a good long while...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I've had a lot of fun with my vampire scientist :-D and in most saves I usually go in and form some kind of Vampire Club, for Vamps to hang out and do vampire things lol.

For something a little less flashy, I've really enjoyed the work from home careers in City Living along with the Parenthood pack--nothing allows for the flexibility of being a proactive parent like working from home :-D

Honestly, I end up overlapping all my packs so much I forget what went with which pack sometimes, lol.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Planning to play out a vampire for the first time. Wanna make his/her life absolutely miserable though (yay, first time deviant play!), so I'm planning on sticking them in the TLC apartment from CL, give them the scientist career from GTW in hopes that they'll get abducted (if male, maybe get an alien baby), and I'm gonna give them one of the new little pets from MFP so they'll eventually get sick and die, ending up in that hamster suit as a ghost with vampire powers. :D So at least 4 packs right there.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    so i was doing this challenge where you should try various styles of gameplay and one of them was owning a retail store. i am not so fond of them but had to think of something to sell. my heir's mother was a painter so i build a gallery where she painted during opening hours and customers could buy her paintins on the spot. that was pretty enjoyable
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Well. I got both the Jungle and the Pet expansion this month and I accidentally combined the two. My adventure couple I created especially for this pack, 'accidentally' adopted 4 stray pets that were roaming Selvadoria. First a little orange cat named Mickie. then 3 dogs. And not small ones either. Then the two dogs 'accidentally' had a litter (yes, after I accidentally, SEVERAL times had my Sims encourage mating between them :lol: ) of two beautiful, well one of them look like a zombie dog from afar which is pretty cool.

Then I moved them to Windenburg where they are in a small dispute with their island neighbours because the already established inhabitants do not like the couple's mobile home they have slapped into the middle of the island and their messy yard. Not to mention their menagerie. Oh, and to get on everybodies good side, the couple have joined a couple of clubs to get to know their neighbours. They even let the Bjergsen family adopt one of their adult dogs. Other adoptions are in the plans too because 5 dogs, well now 4 dogs and a cat are too much for a couple that will make Selvadoria their second home.

Later in their life, the ladyhalf of the couple will go into the scientist career, so that will add Get to Work expansion.

So. I right now, I have managed to combine three packs. Jungle, Pets and Get Together and I must say, I have never had so much fun. Later I am going to play with the vampires.
  • Options
    aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Honestly, I end up overlapping all my packs so much I forget what went with which pack sometimes, lol.

Same here all the time! I have a vampire scientist and she opened a store where she sells her potions (100% markup) and other science-related items. When I play other houses they can all go to her shop and buy the ray gun and the portal to the alien world. The nice thing about a vampire storekeeper is that they don't need to sleep so the shop never has to close unless she wants to go someplace else. I also converted the futures past into a science museum and the Desert Bloom park in Oasis Springs is a science park where sims can go do science stuff and/or rocket science. So if they cannot afford a rocket they can still visit space and they don't have to be in the science career to visit the alien world. This is convenient for collectors who need to visit there to complete their collections.

And @TheGoodOldGamer the best way to make a vampire miserable is to get the sloppy drinker and insatiable thirst weaknesses together - they will be so thirsty all the time they can't enjoy life at all. Add day phobia to that and vampiric aura and you have a truly hated, stressed out vampire. Even you will feel sorry for them. And if you ever see the true joy of playing a good vampire you can let them or someone learn to make the drink that can reset all they strengths and weaknesses and give them better options.

A good vampire with sun resistance can fish for hours, skill any skill for hours, they are almost impossible to die, if they completed their cooking aspiration they can make awesome meals that never spoil. I actually have a catering club with just that vampire in it. When I go play another house I join my sim to the catering club and let my vampire come and cook for my active household. You just have to remember to let them leave the club when you are going to another house because it's just the skilled cook you want.

So basically I play all my packs but I definitely always combine vampires and get together!

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I have been deliberately uncreative with TS4 as I am waiting for Seasons and University before going all in on all the features.
    I can't remember the last time I sent a sim to dine out. I'm saving that experience for when my Uni grads start dating after they have landed careers.

But, I have had some fun with a few combos.
    Get Together clubs + City Living Geekcon = Cosplay clubs. (Also tons of CC for more variety)

I have a geek hangout in Windenburg. It's zoned as a cafe.
    It's full of toys and games, and it's a hub for Void Critter players. It's also where my Cosplaying teens hangout to try out thier outfits when they are not attending Geekcon. I tried building it next to where the Geekcon venue spawns, but that only made all the sims hangout in the cafe and ignore Geekcon, so I put it back in Windenburg.
    09-26-16_1-42-53nbspAM.png

09-26-16_8-43-10nbspAM.png

I have been using the party outfit category for cosplay outfits. All I need to do is ask a cosplayer to change outfits to see their cosplay outfit. We really do need a costume category.
    10-01-16_2-15-00nbspPM.png

10-01-16_2-15-24nbspPM.png

10-02-16_8-02-02nbspPM.png

10-02-16_7-58-17nbspPM.png

10-03-16_3-43-01nbspPM.png

I don't have many pictures of my sims actually at Geekcon because I have started by sims over as toddlers and will be doing this when they are teens.
    11-10-16_8-58-18nbspAM.png

Where did you get the Star Trek uniforms?
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hello!

Now that we have quite a few packs for this game, I wanted to make this thread to share some ideas on how combining features from the different packs can create some great game play and stories. We know that lots of features tie in well with the retail system from Get to Work and the club system from Get Together, I've seen lots of Spa venues perfect for Granite Falls, and people have made great vampire restaurants.

So how about sharing some examples? If you have a retail shop that sells pet items, or your sim is using his vampire powers in his doctor career, or combining her scientist job with strange club activities, or... I don't know, I want so see what creative combinations you've come up with.

It can also be just build/buy objects from different packs that go especially well together.

Here's one of my examples. I'll post more later on.
    I play a young couple who live in Brindleton Bay and own a very small vet clinic. They are devoting all their time to the stray cats in the area. Gabriella is in politics (City living career), and is raising money for the cats. Her husband is a journalists, but they both work at their vet clinic/cat shelter whenever they have time.
    zqwn7kn.png
    Ji53Bqm.png
    UuPfKqx.png
    Gabriella has held lots of protests in the wharf, and is often collecting donations for her cause from the clinic customers.

So even though you can't really have a pet related cause in the City Living politics career, I find these features fit well together and I have fun with the story it's creating.

Now, let's hear about your favorite pack combinations :)

The couple in my avi live in San Myshuno and have visited Windenberg to go to a pub and they also went to the Von Haunt Estate, where my avi pic was taken. As for their outfits, Ethan's hair is from Dine Out while his facial hair is from Parenthood. Emily's hair is from Outdoor Retreat and her main everyday outfit is from Get Together(the top) and City Living (jeans and shoes- not shown). Ethan's everyday outfit is from the base game. Also, that curly hairstyle looks gorgeous with a dress from Dine Out. It has the small coat over the dress and the dress itself can have floral print on it?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I have been deliberately uncreative with TS4 as I am waiting for Seasons and University before going all in on all the features.
    I can't remember the last time I sent a sim to dine out. I'm saving that experience for when my Uni grads start dating after they have landed careers.

But, I have had some fun with a few combos.
    Get Together clubs + City Living Geekcon = Cosplay clubs. (Also tons of CC for more variety)

I have a geek hangout in Windenburg. It's zoned as a cafe.
    It's full of toys and games, and it's a hub for Void Critter players. It's also where my Cosplaying teens hangout to try out thier outfits when they are not attending Geekcon. I tried building it next to where the Geekcon venue spawns, but that only made all the sims hangout in the cafe and ignore Geekcon, so I put it back in Windenburg.

10-03-16_3-43-01nbspPM.png

Where did you get the Star Trek uniforms?

Here:
    https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-clothing-female-teenadultelder-everyday/title/female-star-trek-uniform--mesh-needed/id/1342702/
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds