Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Political Career

2...Next

Comments

• Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I love City Living and don't know why anyone would say it's trash. The only thing I don't like is that I am unable to build my own apartment buildings. That aspect hasn't been done right since sims2
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited March 2018
    DBClayton wrote: »
    @Simsophonique Ive seen mods for all of those on MTS

Most of the carreer mods are not translated or I have to search deeper in the sims community potential carreer mods that are translated. None of my life I will play the sims in English I understand half of what it is writen lol and that's not the modder jobs to add contents or gameplay. I have the feelings the mod creators do all the job the gurus never does or are too late to do and it's not possible to play the sims 4 without mods. I might be flagged for telling this but it's seems to be real. And my thoughts are not against the gurus themselves.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    fifilacota wrote: »
    CL is not trash, it's just mediocre
    :D
    agustd wrote: »
    @fifilacota if you liked GTW i'd say definitely wait for when CL goes on sale. I think you'll be satisfied with how the sort-of active careers work.
    I think I will! Wish I talked to you all when it was on sale, but I can wait... >:)
    It's one of the more expensive packs so I appreciate @DBClayton and everyone else's informative perspectives

@midnitetech I PM'd you xx

*cough* City Living is on sale right now *cough*
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited March 2018
    I was so disappointed that CL's apartments couldn't be built in other worlds that I waited until it was half price. Once I got it, I was happy with it. The Singing Skill was one of the highlights for me as well. It was pretty in depth as far as all ages being able to sing together in pairs, and a pretty big amount of songs. Plus you can sing and play piano and guitar at the same time. I hope they add a band ability, and singing together in larger groups, and a singing career at some point in another pack.

I do like the careers with the Work At Home option, too. It's quite easy to work around to accomplish the goals along with another interest, or if you have a family, etc. They pay pretty well, too. One thing about the politician career is that their speeches never seem to attract anyone to listen to them. I semi-solved that by utilizing Get Together, and having them give their speeches at a Political Club Hangout. The hangout is usually a venue, a Cafe for instance, that has other townies using it as well, so it seems less empty than using that podium that is in the Uptown section.

The world is pretty well done, too, and seems busy enough for a city atmosphere. The festivals are quite well-attended, especially compared to TS3, where only a few straggler Sims were at the events/venues. The street performers help a lot to give a crowd vibe as well.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I don't mind CL but lacking in building apartments in other worlds is the most annoying. The political career I find is tedious this I can agree with but I also like having the ability to work from home.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• DBClaytonDBClayton Posts: 74 Member

Most of the carreer mods are not translated or I have to search deeper in the sims community potential carreer mods that are translated. None of my life I will play the sims in English I understand half of what it is writen lol and that's not the modder jobs to add contents or gameplay. I have the feelings the mod creators do all the job the gurus never does or are too late to do and it's not possible to play the sims 4 without mods. I might be flagged for telling this but it's seems to be real. And my thoughts are not against the gurus themselves.

What is your native language? Some mods get translated, especially the more popular ones. I've opened up a few career mods in S4Studio and found that their original language is French!
    @fifilacota If you get it, I hope you like it!
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited March 2018

What is your native language? Some mods get translated, especially the more popular ones. I've opened up a few career mods in S4Studio and found that their original language is French!

You already guessed it. I am only fluent in French. Oh that a great news because I got some sims 3 mods as food I had to translate myself and some vegetables still in English and I have a carreer in English not French added so I am happy to get to know French isn't forgotten in the sims 4 mod.
    I only know the seasonal mods are made by French modders the rest I don't know. I care a few about sims 4 cc. I am so lost, sims 4 is the only game which provided an ocean of content, I never seen that before.

___

and by the way what is the problem with City Living?
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    edited March 2018
    @Simsophonique check out the careers by @Neia . They are all in English and French. Not sure about others, but I'd just check out what's on MTS:

http://modthesims.info/browse.php?gs=4&f=38&showType=1&tag=career

Regardez les travaux créées par Neia. Ils sont en français et anglais. Je ne suis pas sûr, mais je crois Neia est français.

(Excusez-moi pour ma pauvre française... J'ai étude française à l'école et en lycée, mais ce n'est pas bon).
    Post edited by DBClayton on
  • morganlydiamorganlydia Posts: 57 Member
    I personally think the political career in CL is great. Its fun because it really does show you how you climb the ladder in politics. You go out and campaign and get donors and stuff. I think it's great. That being said, I do like about 90% of the things that CL has to offer. I would definitely give it a shot! Wait until its 50% off if you're apprehensive.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    fifilacota wrote: »
    I know this has been mentioned before so I'm not the only one who misses the political career. I understand it's on City Living, but all the reviews for CL seem trash. I don't think it's fair, especially since I bought Get To Work. The name implies that all careers become available. I don't mind buying packs but the money grabbing and exclusivity of typically base-game features is V annoying.

The careers in GTW are active careers -- you can travel to work with your Sim and put them through their paces to get through the day. The careers in CL (Social Media and Politics) are semi-active; you can either send your Sim to a rabbit hole job or have them "work from home" doing a few small tasks. The CL careers were developed well after the GTW careers. So if we get a pack improving education, we can't get an Education related rabbit hole career? Or if we get University they can't add any new careers that would require a degree, like maybe Law?

Selling DLC is not "money grubbing" but to add content; some people might buy the DLC right away, some might wait for a sale and some might pass altogether. If there was no DLC, the game would stagnate. And they can't think of everything all at once; in staff meetings they come up with new ideas all the time, most likely.

If we had a base game that had everything in it, it would probably cost at least $250 if not more when you consider all the work that would have to go into it, and probably only computers with the highest possible specs would be able to handle it. And it wouldn't take long for people to start complaining that there's nothing to do and they need more content. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)