Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After today's announcement, I'm officially afraid of Sims 4: Seasons...

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    complete waste of money and they''re milking ppl for cash. I aint no cow therefore I wont be wasting my cash on this waste of space pack. Am I mad? yes! The havent thought last minute whipped together a pack and threw it out there, they must have known they were gonna make it, so it should have been a pets pack not a cats and dogs pack.
    They know ppl have waited for seasons for this game for ages now and they bring this...
    So if they decided yea lets bring a rat, snake, bird they will just make another pack and bring out the suction cups? yea dont think so.

And if they did do that with seasons, bring each season in a pack, I'd just unistall

Sounds to me like somebody's feeling bitter. And personally offended. You do know the EP Devs and the SP Devs are different teams, right? This SP was probably EA's idea.

You know what? People who automatically judge something to be bad without proof just... annoy me, that's all. Plenty of 'em around right now, too, the moment that Dancing Hamster came out. I'm not saying EA isn't milking Cats&Dogs for all it's worth. Just that we don't KNOW the pack will be bad.

Nobody's saying the actual content of the upcoming pack is going to be bad... in fact, I've been waiting to see small animals make a return... the problem we're having is the fact that it's a completely separate pack from the actual pets expansion pack. Cats & Dogs is supposed to be The Sims 4's pet expansion... and it should've also included smaller animals. But they decided to make it a cash opportunity instead. That's the issue we're having with it. And it's also why I simply won't purchase the stuff pack.

I've said elsewhere that I'm fine with small pets being in a separate pack -- with the combination of higher specs for the EP plus a lot of players caught by the price adjustments in countries outside the US so maybe couldn't afford the EP, adding small animals in their own pack actually makes sense. If it was just the hamster/rat/Voidcritter/whatever plus some additional items, maybe even a second enclosure animal like a snake that could get out and cause havoc if you neglected it, it would be a great pack. Still could be a decent one. What I object to is the Cats & Dogs items being included so players without C&D are paying for content they really can't use. Maybe those items could have been included in patches over a period of time.

I don't think it's an indication of things to come though -- I really don't see them splitting up Seasons into separate packs. I would really think that could wreak havoc with the programming and make things even more complicated to be perfectly honest. Maybe a couple of deep breaths and a step back just to see what happens would be a good idea.

LOL! Just because you said "elsewhere" that you're fine with small pets being in their own pack doesn't mean everyone else feels the same... and based on what I've seen/heard so far, most people are thankfully on my side on this. Hopefully that means this will NEVER happen again... but I'm still not holding my breath until EA officially announces and releases Seasons. "Cats & Dogs" and "My First Pet" being two different packs is an obvious money grab from EA that anyone with common sense can see. At this point, anyone who doesn't think EA is a greedy company is simply a mindless zombie who follows them blindly. I'm not saying people don't have a right to do what they want, but don't pretend it's justifiable. By doing so, you're literally telling EA that it's okay to be greedy and rip people off.

Also, with the way the developers respond to glitches and bugs in the game already, do you honestly think programming errors and complications actually matter to them? LMAO! They couldn't care less... just as long as they get their money. I also find it horrifying how you seem to think the possibility of different packs for seasons/weather are to be concerned about due to the "issue" they may cause the game, but turn around and have absolutely no problem with them splitting packs in the first place.

Le sigh...

Heh... guess we can add that to the list! Zombies, huh?

And here I'm only just getting started playing a vampire! :D

I was thinking that Werewolves and Zombies could be combined in a GP, since both work on the lunar system. Add the moon phases to the game and have both, with a way to turn off either one (preferably in game but could be a mod) for those who want one but not the other (I enjoy werewolves but do not want zombies). Maybe some features from CAP in Cats & Dogs could be used in designing werewolves "dark form".
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Sonschi wrote: »
    There's one thing I'll never understand on this forum. When you think TS4 is horrible and a waste of money and EA is just "stealing" your money with packs, then why do you even think about buying anything from it? All the things people keep asking for are already in the old games. People who complain about TS4 do own the old games. If they are better, then just play the old games and ignore TS4. No one forces you to buy anything you don't like at all.

Because we love the Sims and want it to be better
    Most of us love Sims 3 but it has lag and stability problems even on good PCs, if Sims 3 was stable, no one would buy Sims 4 (or less would buy)
    Sims 4 is stable but lacks contents and gameplay, we care that's why we want it better :)
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Yup. I'm saying it... after EA's complete lack of self awareness and common sense today, I'm officially terrified to see how Seasons will be implemented into The Sims 4. Until now, I've been trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and thinking that they would NEVER divide Seasons into separate packs, but after seeing what they just did to Cats & Dogs, I'm HORRIFIED! All the content in the upcoming stuff pack is stuff that should've already been included in the most recent expansion pack... I guess Sims 4 truly has become nothing but a cash cow... which means Seasons certainly won't go well...

I can imagine it going like this:
    Sims 4: Spring Expansion Pack
    Sims 4: Summer Game Pack
    Sims 4: Fall Stuff Pack

And we simply won't get winter... the reason for that is because the developers will come up with all kinds of excuses... "It's too hard" and "The snow is too glitchy" would be the top two excuses. Plus, they'll probably throw in the "Weird stories" tagline to justify the existence of only 3 seasons in the game.

Also, for anyone who's going to argue against my stance or tell me that I'm "overreacting", why would that be? EA has literally just proven my point about this.

You along every other sims player with sense is saying this. I waited because well, just a hamster? Puh...leese! I feel like we can no longer trust EA to do right by us. They are definitely in this for money now, did you see how the prices were hiked up!!!! They are going to alienate us this way.
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Yup. I'm saying it... after EA's complete lack of self awareness and common sense today, I'm officially terrified to see how Seasons will be implemented into The Sims 4. Until now, I've been trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and thinking that they would NEVER divide Seasons into separate packs, but after seeing what they just did to Cats & Dogs, I'm HORRIFIED! All the content in the upcoming stuff pack is stuff that should've already been included in the most recent expansion pack... I guess Sims 4 truly has become nothing but a cash cow... which means Seasons certainly won't go well...

I can imagine it going like this:
    Sims 4: Spring Expansion Pack
    Sims 4: Summer Game Pack
    Sims 4: Fall Stuff Pack

And we simply won't get winter... the reason for that is because the developers will come up with all kinds of excuses... "It's too hard" and "The snow is too glitchy" would be the top two excuses. Plus, they'll probably throw in the "Weird stories" tagline to justify the existence of only 3 seasons in the game.

Also, for anyone who's going to argue against my stance or tell me that I'm "overreacting", why would that be? EA has literally just proven my point about this.

You along every other sims player with sense is saying this. I waited because well, just a hamster? Puh...leese! I feel like we can no longer trust EA to do right by us. They are definitely in this for money now, did you see how the prices were hiked up!!!! They are going to alienate us this way.

Sorry, just wanted to add I am not getting this whatever they call it these days...ripoff? I only got Jungle Adventure because it sounded like something my husband would like and he has been playing it for a bit now. I couldn't care. As for those little add ons, parenthood, eco whatever, etc... I have gotten them just because but they are not worth the money either. EA needs to think about us and stop thinking of their pockets.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Thanks for giving them more ideas... -_-

Eh, people have been speculating this exact same thing for TS4 Seasons since the game came out. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd considered it as a possibility. Thing is, I can see either:

1. Inidividual GPs for each season filled with CAS, B/B and gameplay related to each season

OR

2. One EP with all 4 seasons and then SPs to fill in for the CAS, B/B and a few gameplay items.

I suppose they might do an EP and then some season-based GPs but I don't see them wanting to limit themselves to just season-based GPs once Seasons is out so people may still miss some things they want with a single EP including all seasons.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • AestheticSimmingAestheticSimming Posts: 15 Member
    I just think they're making up so many pathetic excuses, I mean some people have even made mods like the snow stuff pack and a summer vacation pack, FOR FREE!!, It's honestly sooo pathetic seeing my favourite game downgrade this fast, I thought they were going to make it better than Sims 3, Well i was wrong, Really disappointed with EA
  • AestheticSimmingAestheticSimming Posts: 15 Member
    I think instead of making stupid and pathe> @Lustianicia said:
    > Simanite wrote: »
    >
    > So, because they've added an interactive object (which is what is, an object like the baby bassinet - you just pick up the animal during animations) to an SP that used to come in an EP - that means they will divide Seasons into separate packs and have one season missing.
    >
    >
    >
    > Would that one object a few different-coloured pet beds, a children's bedroom set and some pet costumes really have made C&D worth it for you? I'm failing to see how those few items would make a different.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You completely missed the entire point of my post... at this point, yes, I do believe it's possible for EA to screw up seasons that badly. They've already shown us that they obviously don't care about the players. All they care about is making money. That's all The Sims 4 is to them... a cash cow. Also, as for them excluding a season, I do believe they're that selfish and greedy. Throughout the entire cycle of Sims 4, they've come up with nothing but excuses for the lack of certain features in the game... and then they often end up being caught in a lie. For example, they said pools would be impossible in the game because the engine couldn't handle them, but after the massive uproar that occurred due to the lack of pools, they immediately announced that they would be re-added in the game (despite once claiming that it would be impossible). They've also said that certain features would be "too hard" to actually put in the game. Lounge chairs was one of them, by the way... LOUNGE CHAIRS! If they can't even put lounge chairs in Sims 4, then what makes you think they could work with snow and winter? lol Like I said, that would be their excuse for not including it... it would be "too hard" and "too glitchy".
    >
    > Also, Cats & Dogs was worth the money. I never said it wasn't. I was actually pleased with that expansion pack (especially the new world it came with). What I'm saying is that EA is being extremely greedy by creating a stuff pack with small pets when they could've easily included them with the actual Pets expansion pack. Why should I have to pay an extra $10 for content that I should already have in another expansion pack?

I agree!!! , I think instead of wasting their times on separate stuff packs they should merge them in together like, movies stuff pack, they could have combined that into a new expansion pack like seasons (if they are going to make it) or get together and city living could have been combined its practically the same thing, They just want the money and make separate game packs because they know 75% of the community would still buy it whatsoever.
    EA Step up your games, Some modders are doing better and create stuff in under 5mnths honestly took sims 4 about 3yrs to get the toddler update, really?
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I think instead of making stupid and pathe> @Lustianicia said:
    > Simanite wrote: »
    >
    > So, because they've added an interactive object (which is what is, an object like the baby bassinet - you just pick up the animal during animations) to an SP that used to come in an EP - that means they will divide Seasons into separate packs and have one season missing.
    >
    >
    >
    > Would that one object a few different-coloured pet beds, a children's bedroom set and some pet costumes really have made C&D worth it for you? I'm failing to see how those few items would make a different.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You completely missed the entire point of my post... at this point, yes, I do believe it's possible for EA to screw up seasons that badly. They've already shown us that they obviously don't care about the players. All they care about is making money. That's all The Sims 4 is to them... a cash cow. Also, as for them excluding a season, I do believe they're that selfish and greedy. Throughout the entire cycle of Sims 4, they've come up with nothing but excuses for the lack of certain features in the game... and then they often end up being caught in a lie. For example, they said pools would be impossible in the game because the engine couldn't handle them, but after the massive uproar that occurred due to the lack of pools, they immediately announced that they would be re-added in the game (despite once claiming that it would be impossible). They've also said that certain features would be "too hard" to actually put in the game. Lounge chairs was one of them, by the way... LOUNGE CHAIRS! If they can't even put lounge chairs in Sims 4, then what makes you think they could work with snow and winter? lol Like I said, that would be their excuse for not including it... it would be "too hard" and "too glitchy".
    >
    > Also, Cats & Dogs was worth the money. I never said it wasn't. I was actually pleased with that expansion pack (especially the new world it came with). What I'm saying is that EA is being extremely greedy by creating a stuff pack with small pets when they could've easily included them with the actual Pets expansion pack. Why should I have to pay an extra $10 for content that I should already have in another expansion pack?

I agree!!! , I think instead of wasting their times on separate stuff packs they should merge them in together like, movies stuff pack, they could have combined that into a new expansion pack like seasons (if they are going to make it) or get together and city living could have been combined its practically the same thing, They just want the money and make separate game packs because they know 75% of the community would still buy it whatsoever.
    EA Step up your games, Some modders are doing better and create stuff in under 5mnths honestly took sims 4 about 3yrs to get the toddler update, really?

So you want a rushed toddler update? Honestly most modders reuses systems and animations that already exits in the game. They just alter those based on their preferences and share it to the community. Creating a lifestage from the skeleton, to posture, dialog, research, sound effects, voice acting, new animations, objects, interactions, traits, needs, and systems that relates to that lifestage is actually already time consuming. Not to mention they also had to be capable of being push and pulled in CAS, create a variety for Vampires and Aliens, all the body parts in the CAS, then add and test emotions, reactions, and incorporating them to multitasking. If you noticed they had nailed it with all the aspects because they take their time and not rushing it. Don't compare the developers to modders. I highly doubt they can even create toddlers for the game.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I just think they're making up so many pathetic excuses, I mean some people have even made mods like the snow stuff pack and a summer vacation pack, FOR FREE!!, It's honestly sooo pathetic seeing my favourite game downgrade this fast, I thought they were going to make it better than Sims 3, Well i was wrong, Really disappointed with EA

But most of them don't provide gameplay only aesthetic. The reason why it was easy in modding is basically they had to retexture everything in the game to appear like snow. Meanwhile The SIms Studio do works more than that. They had to create an weather changing system for the game. Something that modders can't do. They had to make sure and add snow depth levels just like Sims 3, something that non of the modders have done. Aside from that, they had to create a set of new animations, for both sims and pets for just the weather. Not to mention they also need to animate the waters for the rain, and even the pools, they will need to add all weather types at all worlds to satisfy their fans. They also had to innovate by adding new features on weather that we never saw before. Yes the modders create content for free, but their content isn't as huge as you will get in an paid pack that the developers will create.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

But most of them don't provide gameplay only aesthetic. The reason why it was easy in modding is basically they had to retexture everything in the game to appear like snow. Meanwhile The SIms Studio do works more than that. They had to create an weather changing system for the game. Something that modders can't do. They had to make sure and add snow depth levels just like Sims 3, something that non of the modders have done. Aside from that, they had to create a set of new animations, for both sims and pets for just the weather. Not to mention they also need to animate the waters for the rain, and even the pools, they will need to add all weather types at all worlds to satisfy their fans. They also had to innovate by adding new features on weather that we never saw before. Yes the modders create content for free, but their content isn't as huge as you will get in an paid pack that the developers will create.

To top it all off, modders don't have to answer to anyone, nor do they have to QA anything or make sure it works as required within whatever technical frameworks they're given. They don't have other deadlines related to the game that they have to meet in the meantime and they get to pick and choose whatever it is they want to do, not work on only what they're approved to make. Not to knock modders at all--most of them are doing their best out of love for the game, but it's a completely different scenario than it is for a dev working for the company that makes the game. Ask modders why most of them wouldn't take a job from EA if they were begged to.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    If they can do it for Pets they can do it for Seasons.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    They've already kinda done this with Spooky Stuff.
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Im surely not as optimistic as I used to be about the game and for Season I just hope it dont end up half way.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited March 2018
    I think there would be the basic four seasons (hopefully for all worlds?) in the EP, at least.

Based on how My First Pet Pack went about with the C&D content, I could see them putting additional seasonal B/B and CAS items in SPs or maybe GPs after the Seasons EP.

Which may not be too bad, depending on the content in the EP...
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2018
    Wow, but people are super-paranoid. An Expansion pack comes out, which brings in so many new mechanics that it would be very difficult to substantially expand in any other way, brings out a Stuff Pack which has as its sole gameplay feature a hamster cage. Cats&Dogs wasn't mandatory before and the pack doesn't actually make it any more vital.

Yes, we didn't get lots of pets in Cats&Dogs. Just cats and dogs. But as well as them being deeper than previous cats and dogs, this minor pet (which is four pets) looks deeper. You can pick it up and get attacked by it, which is more than before.

And suddenly people are acting like Seasons - which will be an expansion pack - is going to actually split up the seasons.

It's perfectly possible that there will be Stuff Packs that take advantage of having a Seasons expansion. Packs based on actifities that you get the most out of if you own Seasons. This does not mean EA will split up Seasons themselves.

What is shocking to me about the stuff pack to go with C&D is for the first time ever in this series, they made a pack that if I don't have a cat or dog (if I don't have the EP) the stuff pack contains stuff I wouldn't even be able to use. If someone can't see how wrong that is, then I don't know what to say. In other words if I bought the stuff pack, half the stuff I wouldn't be able to use.....so I would be throwing good money after bad. All packs in the past never added stuff (depended on an EP) someone couldn't use.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2018
    Alve wrote: »
    I don't understand why people are upset. I think this is great way to personalize your game: I for once won't buy the new stuff pack bc I'm not interested, but I'm happy that resources didn't go to hamsters when they did c&d (which I own). I'd really like it if they'd flesh out other EP's as well, it would feel like the released ep wouldn't be the final version. I thinks that's what Sims needs: we're all tired of the same old stuff getting released in new versions. If Sims 4 is here to stay for longer than previous franchises, this is a great way to improve already released packs, isn't it? I'd be happy of they added another stuff pack related to city living for example.

Does the stuff pack have pet clothes and pet beds? Well, I don't have C&D why would I pay full price for stuff I can't use. There are very legit reasons to be 'upset'. It's called money grab. ETA: Buying half a pack (small pets) should equal a half price.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ellena24ellena24 Posts: 11 New Member
    I completely agree with you. They are capitalising on literally EVERYTHING
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Oh man wait...you can't even use the furniture unless you have cats and dogs??? Or is it just the clothes? ugh! Either way just nasty
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited March 2018
    There will be a mass exodus of people from the Sims 4 if they do that. I'm not sure if they realize that. It seems like they're trying to spread the game waaaaay too thin so that they can make more money.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2018
    There will be a mass exodus of people from the Sims 4 if they do that. I'm not sure if they realize that.

It could be cool. Like that they'll see that they can't do whatever.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I think they will split it up and give us the same reason they gave us when they split up pets. They will say they wanted to add more detail to each season so they split it up into different GP's or EP's.

Though there might be mass chaos like with MFP, people will still buy it so it's not like it really matters if they do split it up or not. I'm so meh about it right. I don't feel like my feedback matters anyway so I'm just here to watch now. As much as I love Seasons I have a feeling its not going to be handled well.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    Lol I love how simmers love to get angry over stuff that has not happened/purely speculative.

I KNOW! lol I always have told my son that just 'cos it sounds good in his head does not make it reality. Apply that in this forum.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I think they will split it up and give us the same reason they gave us when they split up pets. They will say they wanted to add more detail to each season so they split it up into different GP's or EP's.

Though there might be mass chaos like with MFP, people will still buy it so it's not like it really matters if they do split it up or not. I'm so meh about it right. I don't feel like my feedback matters anyway so I'm just here to watch now. As much as I love Seasons I have a feeling its not going to be handled well.
    I don’t think that they split up pets for those reasons even though most simmers seem to assume so. Instead I think that they let pets become Cats&Dogs because EA doesn’t want just repetions of earlier EPs. EA clearly wants TS4 to be as different from TS3 (and also from TS2) as possible such that it is a new game that lets simmers be interested in buying TS3 and its packs too.

So the developers chose (likely after negotiations with EA’s management) to let the EP only focus on cats and dogs. But when so many missed the smaller pets and they missed good ideas for the next SPs they chose to make a SP with clothes for cats and dogs but add the smaller pets too.

So the problem to me doesn’t seem to be that EA wants the EPs split up but instead that EA has decided that all packs for TS4 must be new, different and smaller than the packs for the earlier games. EA wants the team to make only one new EP, two GPs and 4-5 SPs each year and all with as new and different content as possible. But especially the SPs give problems for the developers because it is difficult for them to find enough new ideas for that many SPs.

So I wouldn’t fear that Seasons will be split up but instead that because EA doesn’t want it to just be a new version of an earlier EP that it will have a different focus and once again miss much of the content that simmers expect in a Seasons EP. The different weather may be there. But I doubt that all the usual seasons will be in the pack anyway.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Come on guys, we don't KNOW EA will turn Seasons into four different packs!

*last famous words*
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Come on guys, we don't KNOW EA will turn Seasons into four different packs!

*last famous words*
    No, EA will much more likely just omit half of the pack and replace this half by something else IMO - and I don’t really think that the omissions again will be suitable for a SP. But let us just wait and see ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top