Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I finally got this menu option back!

TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
My option to hire caterers had been missing for maybe a year :D Hope it doesnt go away again

ERKXKT2.png

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Wow, come to think of it, I'm not sure I've seen that option in awhile. I never use it. Now, you've got me wondering. Next time I get a chance to play I'm going to have to check that out. Glad for you that it's been returned, either way.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • frogkiss1frogkiss1 Posts: 248 Member
    I noticed it only pops up if you know a sim with a high cooking skill some of my sims have it some don't. After doing a quick test and getting all my sims to know the same one, they now all have it, but for that one sim.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I noticed it still does not work as intended. One of my sims has a higher skill than the caterer that is known to the household. Clicking it put my sim in the caterer outfit, instead of contacting the sim intended to show up. So, it interupted her writing a book.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I only ever had it if I used the restaurant cook station in a home.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Came back for me too :D
  • Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    It came back for me in February's patch I think it was, but I'm not too sure. Anyway I'm very glad that it's back.
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    edited March 2018
    Never even noticed this was an option before it showed up lol

Keeps saying that I could hire my sim's uncle to come cook for me.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Never even noticed this was an option before it showed up lol

Keeps saying that I could hire my sim's uncle to come cook for me.

lol :D
  • ellena24ellena24 Posts: 11 New Member
    I didn't know it had left lol
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I forgot I could even hire caterers tbh, they always cook too many meals and one of those dishes will always go to waste. That's why my larger households just have a butler.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • morganlydiamorganlydia Posts: 57 Member
    I had it but then the caterers wouldn't show up. I'm glad this option is finally back!
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Wow, come to think of it, I'm not sure I've seen that option in awhile. I never use it. Now, you've got me wondering. Next time I get a chance to play I'm going to have to check that out. Glad for you that it's been returned, either way.

My male sim could hire his girlfriend for this because she's a level-5 in the cooking skill. She's in the culinary career and he's in the critic career. Not sure which branch he'll join yet.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    edited March 2018
    I forgot I could even hire caterers tbh, they always cook too many meals and one of those dishes will always go to waste. That's why my larger households just have a butler.

The butlers in my game often ignore requests to cook meals, they also need a bed, which I dont always have for them.
    I like that they cook so many meals, I can store away a lot of meals that will last several weeks.

The butlers in my game often ignore requests to cook meals, they also need a bed, which I dont always have for them.
    I like that they cook so many meals, I can store away a lot of meals that will last several weeks.

Lol I never request my butler to cook meals, she just cooks them on her own and it's always party meals for 8 every time she does. Feeds that house comfortably well, so well I might have to throw a party eventually to get rid of all the food in the fridge!
  • oldaccountnotworkingoldaccountnotworking Posts: 21 Member
    Never used it anyway xD
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Came back for me too :D

So im not the only one lol :)
    Well actually, according to this post in AHQ and down, the option to hire just any other caterer is still missing. On bars you can hire both a specific mixologist and any random mixologist as well. You can now hire a specific person but you can't hire just a random one. Also I remembered being able to hire vegetarian caterers too.