Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do with your elders?

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Make their last days as happy as possible (e.g. granting most wishes, letting them do things they enjoy, etc.)
    Jordan came and watched his son sleeping :)
    38973448550_3c341f34aa_o.jpg
    John arrived a few minutes later :)
    38973446370_ac3e4ddb63_o.jpg
    Make their last days as happy as possible (e.g. granting most wishes, letting them do things they enjoy, etc.)
    Sam and Beathan are now elders. I don't want to lose them too soon so I am trying to decide where they should vacation before the next generation starts having babies.
    40820670861_46baa12430_o.jpg
    25949348187_019f287a48_o.jpg
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Business as usual - age is just a number
    @Mikezumi Fife looks like he's having a great time. I guess it turns out all it took for him to break out a genuine smile is something to celebrate with the family. (Meanwhile, Euan looks like he's deliberately not smiling so as to maintain the line of his cheekbones.) I really hope you keep them both around for a while, at least long enough to see how things play out a bit more.

Also, I didn't say anything before, but it was so sweet to see the ghosts come for a visit.
    @puzzlezaddict I will be hanging on to both boys because I could not make a decision. The heir vote was super close too so didn't help ;) I tell myself I will decide further down the line after they have children but I suspect I might just end up with several to choose from next time I pick an heir ;)
    I love seeing my ghosts :)
    Sam and Beathan are now in Shang Simla :)
    40793769322_b459200163_o.jpg
    40126813104_60ccca22ca_o.jpg
    39941070095_6f1e2d91ed_o.jpg
    40835499831_d6269d1c41_o.jpg
    40835493291_a91c001071_o.jpg
    40835497011_0790aa0be2_o.jpg
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    Use them as live-in help - babysitting, cooking, gardening, etc.
    It changes up for me. Sometimes I use them as help, other times I kill them off... One time I made a house just for elders to live in (nursing home)... and sometimes I just play them.
    @NotSoLucky Thanks for voting :) When you kill them, do you do it in a humane manner? No, don't tell me! ;)
    Sam rolled a wish to do a well dive but when he approached the well, his face told another story ;)
    40805178082_583a3b5674_o.jpg
    39952614815_f196454069_o.jpg
    Even so, he did it in style! :)
    39952612805_d81f658f79_o.jpg
    39952610775_dfd6b7253b_o.jpg
    25975106867_61a0a22815_o.jpg
    Poor Beathan got chewed up and spat out when he was looking inside a sarcophagus :o
    39958565775_4f35de3ef9_o.jpg
    40144174314_670644890d_o.jpg
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Mikezumi And so the cycle starts again. I guess with your short lifespan, the elders come (and go) quickly.
    @Simtown15 It does cycle quickly but I am loving how dynamic the town is and enjoying watching the offspring of residents growing up and starting their own families. I populated the town with my own sims and I love seeing the genetics at work without having to wait too long.
    I think I'll try playing short lifespan again. Hopefully, it'll last more than 2 sim hours this time. What worlds do you recommend? (Other than Sunset Valley; I don't really like that world.)
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Other (please specify below)
    I move mine into a retirement home with other seniors. I check back periodically and giggle as they skinny dip and generally amuse themselves.
    @Simtown15 Good luck! I mostly only use Sunset Valley but I also like Monte Vista and Sunlit Tides.

@Surreal That sounds like fun!
    edited March 2018
    @Mikezumi I've begun and things are going well! I just made it to the 2nd Tuesday! I'm playing in Hidden Springs.
    My boys are still enjoying their vacation in Shang Simla :)
    They did the quest at the Dragon's Maw.
    40144193034_f19f019d58_o.jpg
    Egg rolls are Beathan's favourite food so he's not complaining ;)
    39043091520_638534f62c_o.jpg
    Sparring at the Scholar's Garden :)
    25994539257_b1afff36ca_o.jpg
    Beathan wanted to see the Terracotta Army :)
    40866669381_4d7154a500_o.jpg
    Poor Beathan got hit by a fire trap and it was all my fault because I wanted to rush ahead :(
    40000841945_9a77f977d8_o.jpg
    26022138717_d221880121_o.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited March 2018
    Evidently Dougal doesn't like the new house...or his underoos are crawling up his hind-crack.

Screenshot-13.jpg

Meanwhile Fiona is still around and kicking...meaning that she's still going after the top job in the land.

Screenshot-11.jpg
    and Susan is teaching some youngsters just to not mess with the old lady, because she's going to hand their rear-ends to them on FF15. :mrgreen: "gainin' nerd-cred"

and Yasunobu...well, he's still splitting space rocks in half.
    Screenshot-8.jpg

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited March 2018
    Mikezumi wrote: »

Poor Beathan got hit by a fire trap and it was all my fault because I wanted to rush ahead :(
    40000841945_9a77f977d8_o.jpg
    26022138717_d221880121_o.jpg

WAIT WUT? :D:mrgreen:

Third-World-Skeptical-Kid.jpg

I know you coddle your elders and make them happy, but this dichotomy of poor Beathan getting fried...underneath the vote of Make their last days as happy as possible Just had to. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @Nikkei_Simmer You have no idea how bad I felt about it! I do coddle my sims and had a momentary lapse of judgement. It's been years since I did this quest but should have remembered that when sims wish to disarm a trap, there is usually one nearby. :(
    edited March 2018
    I know I should do the tomb-exploring feature in WA, but well...I just kind of prefer to send my Sims sight-seeing, rather than tomb exploring. :D One of these days, I will though. And I'm being nice to my elder sims... They're getting to go around on a tour of the world. :D I may need to download a few more worlds, like a Japanese world and maybe another few international worlds.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    My elders are back home after 9 days in Shang Simla. Since my elder stage is only 8 days, the boys have potentially had more than double of what they would have expected. I am looking forward to playing the next generation but will be sad to see them go.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Mikezumi - I really liked your UNI pics with Jordan and John.

Anyhow. For me: Business as usual. When my sims become elders it doesn't really affect how they roll. It depends more of the sim in question since I tend to "roleplay" so this might include any of the other things mentioned in the poll. They'll keep working, they'll retire, they'll pursue interests, they'll coo over grandchildren (or be annoyed by them), they'll go "YOLO!" and do whatever stupid 🐸🐸🐸🐸 they didn't dare before, whatever :D.
    @Thrior Thank you and thanks also for voting :) I am quite liking the YOLO idea! Maybe my sims should be more daring in their old age! Of course, in the case of my sims, it's rarely a case of YOLO as they tend to get played over and over ;)
  • Maniac4uManiac4u Posts: 51 Member
    > @Mikezumi said:
    > I know some people don't allow their sims to age or play on such epic lifespans that their sims seldom reach the elder stage but I love my elders and wondered what others do with theirs. I don't use my elders as baby sitters or live-in help. Although their skills are usually high and they can contribute a lot to the younger generation, I only let my elders cook or garden when they roll wishes to do so. I try to make their last days as happy as possible by granting as many wishes as possible and sending them out to do things they enjoy, like fishing or attending parties. So, what do you do with your elders? I'm sure I haven't even scratched the surface of possible options but that's what the Other option
    is for ;)

I do the same, have them garden, fish or continue writing books if they're an author and have them do whatever they wish to keep their final days happy as possible.