March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we will get 2 EPs in 2018 ?

Comments

• Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    No
    I don't think we will ever get 2 eps in one year again, I think they probably started working on get to work prior to the games launch hence why in the first year we got two eps.
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2018
    No
    No, though I would be excited to see two (unless they were rushed to accommodate pushing out two).

They have a pretty predictable release schedule now. A GP in Jan/Feb, another in May/June, followed by a long drought in content and the EP in November/December in time for the holiday peak. 4 or so stuff packs shoved in there too, though the timing of them is more difficult to predict.

In 2016 we got nothing but 2 SP for almost 5 months between Dine Out on 7 June to City Living on 1st November
    In 2017 we got nothing but 2 SP for over 5 months between Parenthood on 30 May to Cats and Dogs on 10th November

If we were getting more than 2GP and 1EP this year, which seems unlikely, I think that 5 month drought would be the most obvious place to release it.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No
    No, to get two EPs in a year plus their usual GPs (2) and a bunch of stuff packs, they would need another EP team. It's not going to happen.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    No
    No. The main packs for TS4 are SPs. EA decided originally to only release one EP each year and to compensate a little by also releasing a half price EP which EA then decided to call a GP. Sales numbers for those new GPs became vary satisfying though. So EA decided to increase the number of them to 2 GPs each year.

The changes were of course caused by studying the sales numbers which showed that EPs were too expensive for many simmers. I think that especially the millions of very young simmers who still goto school and therefore need their parents to pay for the packs had trouble getting the permission to buy such expensive EPs. Parents don’t usually like to give such expensive gifts when it isn’t Christmas or birthdays. But SPs and GPs are so cheap that a lot of parents will allow their children to just buy them.

EA only makes the packs to earn money. So I actually think that it is more likely that EA will stop making EPs at all and then likely make even more GPs and SPs. But maybe not before TS5 is released.
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    No
    HueyJefe wrote: »
    Hope so? Yes.
    Think so? No.

1000% agree
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    No
    I doubt we'll get two. Really, really doubt that will happen again. But we can all hope, right? I figure, like most have already said here, that we'll most likely get one EP and two GPs with a bunch of SPs scattered around in between those three bigger releases. I would -love- two expansions this year, though! Even if my wallet wouldn't. :D
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No
    No way they have learned they can as easily sell useless stuff packs the days of 2 expansions a year are gone.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    No
    I don't think we'll get two EPs this year; I could see maybe getting two EPs next year if they're gearing up for a new iteration of the Sims series to coincide with the anniversary of the launch of the series (The Sims) in 2020.
    @KatyJay88 wrote: »
    Using S3 to compare is not useful because the systems in place for releasing packs (team setup, time devoted to development etc) has completely changed in S4 with the introduction of GPs.

So in all honesty no one here knows, but my guess is no, we won’t.

You're right.

The current situation is strange, even EA Play makes me think something important will be announced.
    Since 2014 Maxis announcements have always skipped EA Play.

Now that we have Sims 4 on console, they could be making an announcement about upcoming console releases, not PC. Or maybe we'll be getting a new GP this summer; for that matter we could get three GPs this year with JA in February, some sort of GP in summer (maybe an Education GP that would include active day care and more education options for children/teens like homeschooling or CL-type "study from home" options) that could tie in with a University pack release next year, then maybe a beach vacation destination in December (if we get Seasons in the fall, maybe October, our Sims will be needing somewhere to get away from the snow!).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I don't know
    Hi,

Do you think we will get 2 EP in 2018 ?

Facts, rumors and speculations :
    • There are rumors about Seasons EP in September (before the Xmas quarter ???)
    • In 2012, TS3 EP07 Supernatural was released in September and EP08 Seasons in November
    • Survey 2017 talked about University theme
      • Survey 2014 -> EP01 Get To work and EP02 Get Together (2015)
      • Survey 2015 -> EP03 City Living (2016)
      • Survey 2016 -> EP04 Cats & Dogs (2017)

I can't say for sure but I doubt it especially if their working on Seasons since that will be a big pack but they need to step up to the plate in 2019 because I believe the Sims 4 life is getting short. I believe 2020 will bring The Sims 5.
    I don't know
    Once Pets EP is released, I think it free a lot of resources because it's almost a mini-basegame (Pet AI, Create a Pet, ...).

Yes but Seasons is big. Not only do you have the weather that will need to be added but also the seasons,how the world looks covered in snow and autumn leaves,changing seasons,festivals,holidays,winter activities and cas. CAS will be a big part with outerwear and accessories and then there is the the new venues like hopefully skating.
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    No
    I think we'll get Seasons and suspect that we may see Uni in a game pack instead of an expansion so that we won't have to wait for 2 years for Uni. But we'll see, who knows. I just can't wait to hear what's next.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    No
    While I do imagine Pets was probably the trickiest EP to make of the EPs made so far, I'm confident they'll stick to the 1 EP per year. At most we may get more gamepacks or so.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    No
    The disasters of Get Together and Get To Work prove you can't rush the small EP team. Even City Living showed they can't take forever on the world alone otherwise the EP will be garbage. EPs for Sims 4 are just a slightly bigger GP and not a full EP compared to Sims 3. C&D was a joke too by the way.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    No
    With Sims 4 never say never and don't say absolutely.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    No
    Fat chance.
    I don't know
    aws200 wrote: »
    The disasters of Get Together and Get To Work prove you can't rush the small EP team. Even City Living showed they can't take forever on the world alone otherwise the EP will be garbage. EPs for Sims 4 are just a slightly bigger GP and not a full EP compared to Sims 3. C&D was a joke too by the way.

I really love C and D. It's the best EP so far.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    No
    I'd love two, but I know in my heart it's just going to be one.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    No
    I’m doubtful. With how much work that goes into just one EP alone, I’d be surprised to see two released this year - unless they’re to be poorly created.
  • asadlittlepotatoasadlittlepotato Posts: 23 Member
    No
    I don't think I even care about the number of eps anymore. If the quality and amount of content aren't there then what's the point?
  • RangerlucyRangerlucy Posts: 36 Member
    I'm thinking one this year- maybe slightly earlier then normal, hopefully 2 next year though
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I don't know
    It would be great but I don't really know.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
    I don't know
    I don't think I even care about the number of eps anymore. If the quality and amount of content aren't there then what's the point?

Cats and Dogs was the best EP Yet and it added more then the other 2 Expansions. Imagine how much better a Seasons Expansion will be.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I don't know
    *puts my hands in the air like I just don't care*
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    No
    I think they've made it clear that one expansion pack every year is the pattern they'll continue with... however, it's not necessarily a bad thing. Especially since they have game packs and stuff packs as well. Then again, Sims 3 released Supernatural and Seasons around the same time, so there could always be a possibility of this happening. But I think the reason for Sims 3 doing that is because they had more than one team working on the expansion packs. I think Sims 4 only has one.

Regardless, I am quite optimistic that the next expansion pack might be Seasons. If this is true, then I'll be happy... depending on how they decide to implement Seasons, of course. I mean, I'm still a bit skeptical... but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt (or at least try to).

But yeah, I think one expansion pack a year is something they'll continue doing. Especially since they have the game and stuff packs to work on as well. In my opinion, the game packs make up for the extended time between each expansion pack.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes
    @Lustianicia

I don't remember there were 2 EP teams when EP01 World Adventures, EP02 Ambitions, EP03 Late Night, EP04 Generations and EP05 Pets were released.

Maybe because there was only one EP team from 2009 to 2011.
    EA Salt Lake team helped the Redwood Shores team later and did only 4 EPs from 2012 to 2013.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on