Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For ALL Simmers: What Age Group Do You Belong To?

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Erpe you really need to stop this line of talk on these forums - much of which is listed as prohibited on the Sims forums - like putting down other peoples countries, laws, and cultures. Enough please. This forum respects all beliefs equally and belittling any you disagree with is very much prohibited.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    @Writin_Reg I am not putting down other people’s countries because I actually respect people from everywhere. The attitude on different matters are different in different parts of the world and sometimes I agree with one part of the world and sometimes whith another part. It isn’t always just my own country. But of course I can’t go into more details about this here.
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    edited November 2017
    Erpe wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg I am not putting down other people’s countries because I actually respect people from everywhere. The attitude on different matters are different in different parts of the world and sometimes I agree with one part of the world and sometimes whith another part. It isn’t always just my own country. But of course I can’t go into more details about this here.
    I don't know, these statements seem to be on the contrary because you were using stereotypes. Morality is subjective, I can't really argue with that, but don't try to act like you're better than me because you are more lax about what's right or wrong. Don't twist my words into saying that I apparently think that Europe is wrong (something you made up) about how they view sex and violence. The quoted response below is condenscending, stereotypical and just poorly thought-out in every way. Your response is something a troll would say.
    Because you are living in a Victorian country who think that God is against sex - and not in Europe who thinks that I doesn’t harm even children to see animals have sex or to see adults have woohoo that doesn’t really come near to real sex ;)

Then I will just show them how they can get such a sim back such that it didn’t happen anyway. But you would maybe instead tell them to play a shooter instead where they could kill hundreds of enemies by using guns and other letal weapons? ;)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I don't know, these statements seem to be on the contrary because you are using stereotypes. Morality is subjective, I can't really argue with that, but don't try to act like you're better than me because you are more lax about what's right or wrong. Don't twist my words into saying that I apparently think that Europe is wrong (something you made up) about how they view sex and violence. The quoted response below is condenscending, stereotypical and just poorly thought-out in every way. Your response is something a troll would say.
    Because you are living in a Victorian country who think that God is against sex - and not in Europe who thinks that I doesn’t harm even children to see animals have sex or to see adults have woohoo that doesn’t really come near to real sex ;)

Then I will just show them how they can get such a sim back such that it didn’t happen anyway. But you would maybe instead tell them to play a shooter instead where they could kill hundreds of enemies by using guns and other letal weapons? ;)

Exactly what I was talking about. I totally agree StickFiguresMMX.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Seems like the majority of players on this forum are millennials
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    I'm not a millennial being of the 40 -49 group, but my daughter, who also plays the Sims, is. She is not active here (or other social media much either).
  • Options
    NellyStardustNellyStardust Posts: 24 New Member
    I would love to find out how many of those of us in the huge 20-29 category have been playing since childhood :smiley:
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    I've been playing since I was 12. That was 17 years ago. :hushed: I must admit I was a fan of SimCity 3000 first, too bad I can't play that game on windows 10 anymore (neither the TS1 :disappointed:.)
  • Options
    I would love to find out how many of those of us in the huge 20-29 category have been playing since childhood :smiley:
    I have!
  • Options
    trilytrily Posts: 56 Member
    So many 20-29s!
    eea81a65895674a7f38d01511c6d8658.gif
  • Options
    SpanglesSpangles Posts: 37 Member
    I'm in the 30-39 group. I've only just discovered this forum despite being a member for 8 or 9 years. I'm definitely someone who prefers a forum over Twitter. I just can't seem to get a handle on how Twitter works. :lol:
  • Options
    PinkLoveJonasPinkLoveJonas Posts: 442 Member
    edited December 2017
    samlyt22 wrote: »
    Interesting, I wonder why there's so few in their 30's considering there's a higher amount on both sides.
    Without stating my age, if that's actually against the rules I'm in the 20-29 age group. However, I'm a few years short of the 30-39 age group!

I have been playing since I received the first Sims game for my 13th birthday. I was introduced by a friend!

OriginID: prettypinkpixels

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    I'm in the crabby old biddy age group :D

Um...I presume @Jagwithtude, the male cohort to that age group would be the grumpy old crank...which I fall into. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    > @NellyStardust said:
    > I would love to find out how many of those of us in the huge 20-29 category have been playing since childhood :smiley:

*raises hand* I started playing on PlayStation when I was 11 or 12, then I got hooked on the PC games at 15. I've played on and off since going off to college, and now I'm four and a half years out of college back again. :wink:
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited January 2018
  • Options
    Ages 20-29 is the highest one and 81% of adults without surprise.
    The 81% isn’t to me because the youngest simmers usually don’t use the forums.

But it is a surprise for me that the 20-29 age group is that big because this wasn’t at all the case in the Danish Sims 2 forum and it still doesn’t seem to be in my country where the forum is dominated by older adults who also use the forum much more than young adults usually do. So there seem to be a very big difference between Danish simmers and US simmers in the age distribution. This must be caused by other differences between our societies which we only can guess about.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @Erpe

And with all the fans of TS1 (2000), many players are certainly Ages 30-39 (18 years old in 2000 + 18 years later = 36 years old)

Ages 20-29 may be the TS3 generation or young players of TS1/TS2 (11 years old in 2000, 15 years old in 2004).
  • Options
    @Erpe

And with all the fans of TS1 (2000), the most of the players are certainly Ages 30-39 (18 years old in 2000 + 18 years later = 36 years old)

Ages 20-29 is the generation TS3
    Most of the current simmers never played TS1. They started with TS2 (like myself), TS3 or even TS4.

I also remember a lot of simmers from the TS2 forums who never visit the forums anymore. So I doubt very much if they still play any of the games. Times changes ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @Erpe

If they kept good memories, there is a big chance they want to share this experience with the children. Exactly like Super Mario.
  • Options
    @Erpe

If they kept good memories, there is a big chance they want to share this experience with the children. Exactly like Super Mario.
    This sounds easier than it usually is. I never managed to get my daughter interested in the Sims games at all. Other simmers could have more luck though :)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
  • Options
    MumuDesuyoMumuDesuyo Posts: 36 Member
    Im a young adult in sims-o-logy lel
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited March 2018
    I am currently 29 when I post this answer. I can't vote because I am in a edge of turning 30 so to change an age category. It's a situation that makes everybody in my situation with a red plumbob on the head because we are or will or was in the same issue one day or later.
    Same for 19 39 49 59 69 .
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Wow. Majority 20-29's. Heeey
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    nevermind