Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dog walking...

Why on earth do the dogs walk so far behind the sims? It just looks so odd! I sure hope it wasn't intended and it's just a bug :lol:

Comments

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    They walked like that in all of the pre-release videos we saw, so I doubt its' a bug.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    My lazy trait dog walked behind my sim but most of them walk close to them other than maybe "go for jog" as the sims runs faster - I dunno though
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 261 Member
    Oh my plum, this is such a #WhenYouSeeIt-moment! :lol:

I had not noticed that, but it will from now on be an annoying pet peeve (no pun intended) of mine :weary:

Although ..

I can understand that it is much harder to program the dog walking in front because then the dog would dictate direction, whilst not being able to control the dog .. So the control would have to be transferred in some way from sim to dog, and to make that operate smoothly would be - based on zero experience in programming - kinda complicated.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    They do walk pretty far behind now that you mention it...
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    It is really weird when a vampire with supernatural speed walks a dog. No way the poor doggy can keep up so you see the leash stretched out for miles!
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    It is really weird when a vampire with supernatural speed walks a dog. No way the poor doggy can keep up so you see the leash stretched out for miles!

I'm sure that looks rather amusing
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman