Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do y'all like to play in your game??

HeyitsmesierraHeyitsmesierra Posts: 70 Member
tell me how you guys play in your game... I want to see how others play because I seem to stick to the same thing just creating a different story for each sim.

How do y'all like to play in your game?? 175 votes

no money cheats and eventually growing from one sim to a family
37%
Akl500PicmnfrshAngel_mixsimsandy67Writin_RegGoldenBuffykokoro80SerraNolwenTiipiicchant86NeverSeemsToEndmommy19959699MindofyVuloriSimsayCDLustianiciaSk8rblazePegasysbestfrienemies14eizelby 66 votes
money cheats!! and living a rich lifestyle starting off with many sims
15%
jeLlyBeAn1573imhappyelemmelecandy8kemiszSchantalVageniusirishluck1986DarkFoxGirl13v12creatorLoriTSpJemztoneBMSOCrownSimsGnarlyAHolyToiletcomicsforlifeAirakaleMichelleeRuffian1950 27 votes
very much story based and starting small going on big
46%
Goth583JaseIceyJaprilroseMartinvxosummerloverxoRainbowSimQueenSimpatsyannSusanaLeotejustChrisUkelanorbretonAnmirlaDJQ1308EmoFlowershaydub07Bagoas77luthienrisingmollybrooke22SjofnCBrox 82 votes

Comments

• HeyitsmesierraHeyitsmesierra Posts: 70 Member
    Omg I am so sorry I accidentally pressed okay/done and this is what I have... pick the closest to what you are and then tell me down here in the discussion
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    I think every challenge I fight through the beginning even if we can use money cheats. Sometimes, but not often, I will use freerealestate on to get a sim or couple started in a house I could never build lol, but usually I tough it out and try to build it.
    go ahead and ignore this poll.... I will be making a new one so that it is easier on everyone:) so sorry for this
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Okay lol :-)
    Okay lol :-)

lol imma make it a discussion this time... /not a poll.... I guess its all a discussion lol
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    The second option fits me the best. I start with a fully formed family and give them a fast stack of cash before starting their story :)
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I've never used the cheats in this game. Probably never will.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I was torn between the first and third choice, but I chose the third one because I'm a family player and almost always have a plan in mind when I begin playing with a new Sim family. However, I can easily and wholeheartedly connect to the first one as well. I use money cheats for some families, but it all depends on the story I want to play.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    The 3rd option is the most like my game though I do use the 2nd option from time to time.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I usually start with one sim purchasing an empty lot and then use cheats so they have zero money. Then they work their way up to the home and family of their dreams. I also sometimes use the free real estate cheat to give them a ginormous empty rundown property that they then have to figure out how to keep and fix it up. The cowplant farm challenge has been my favorite challenge to do and changed the way I play.
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    I like to make the life of sims i like better and set sims i dont like on fire..or freeze them. The more chaotic the game the better. I also like to play with big households. I do families as well, but its not my focus, i usually mix it with other features of gaming, my main household aways have at least 1 occult.
    jr73Y.gif

• TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I like to play beautiful, fabulously wealthy sims. With lots of friends and an active social life, with parties and clubs :)
  • ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    My sims generally like to work their way up from the bottom with no cheats. It's especially funny when they are snobs/materialistic but have no money. I generally turn aging off though. I may start trying to use that feature more, like I did in sims 3, to up the pressure for building wealth and family.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    None of the above.
  • LovelyLanaLovelyLana Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm a mix between all of them. I want to have options depending on my mood that day. But the one family I've play most with is closer to the first option.
  • AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    I do use money cheats sometimes, it depends on the family honestly I don't always play the same way, I miex them!
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I can't vote because it's both and dependant on the character I'm setting up and what their background might be. Sometimes they are well off to begin with... like I play a Hannibal Lecter character and I started off giving him a big house... then I don't just take away funds because in his life, he makes that easily. I set up the Breaking Bad family .. and had to real estate cheat to place the home. They might be struggling with money but the home they have in the series can't be got for 20k or so.
    I often play rags to riches too and even cheat away all their money.. and go from there. When I first started playing I rarely cheated money because you really don't have too. So if I'm just starting a sim and seeing where they go in life... no cheats.
    egTcBMc.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    I have a whole bunch of challenges and some build files and depending who I want to visit her what I want to make I just go where I want . I keep a notebook for each challenge so I can come back to it anytime I want
  • CatersCaters Posts: 102 Member
    I don't use cheats in the sims 4 at all. Here is how I start any sim game:
    1. Create a Sim(Usually, I start with a female)
    2. Build that sim a home on an unoccupied lot until there is insufficient money
    3. Give that sim a career

And with that lot, I keep building as the sim earns more and gets promoted.

With the sim that I want to marry with my other sim, I just start him off on an already built unoccupied lot.

Usually the sim I started the game with is at a higher career level and has more skills than the other sim when they marry. I usually wait until 1 of my sims has maxed out in the career before they have a baby.
  • historynerdhistorynerd Posts: 209 Member
    It depends which family I'm playing with. I always play with historical families though so that is how I always like to play my game.
    Official Victorian and Edwardian Nerd
    P2Wn3TO.jpg
  • DarkFoxGirl13DarkFoxGirl13 Posts: 45 Member
    i'm currently building my "perfect world": creating families - each with different goals, traits, looks, styles, and family stories; then pick and edit the homes i'm putting them in - make it to their style, reflect their budget, customize bedrooms for each sim (or pet area); then tweak each sim - change all their skill levels to reflect their personality, pick careers and what level/branch they have, how much money they have, and finally pick/make any club(s) that best suit them for a couple sim households. i have almost 3 of 6 worlds completed (not including the worlds from Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventures; i'm not editing those worlds). after i finish, i'm going to use it to complete a couple challenges i'm interested in B)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I go by the story, If my sim hasn't reached the financial goal at a certain point in the story, I'll "cheat"
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I play so differently each time, but this save I've given some of my sims lots of money, and others just got the basic 20 grand and not a penny more.

I do prefer to play the sims with lots of money, who don't have to work or build a career but can travel around experiencing everything the Sim world has to offer.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    I play story based with no cheats.
  • thesimmerannathesimmeranna Posts: 37 Member
    I normally start off with one female sim, with no money cheats, I normally cheat her first home in though. As it isn't very important to me. She levels up her career to max, and high level skills before she gets married to a Sim that I make. Once they get married I work on maxing the other Sim's career and skills. After that they start having kids and then once her chosen heir, (female) is a young adult I start with her. It goes on and on and I mix up the stories and I just love creating long bloodlines of generations. Its how I always play my game. I am currently on the second generation of the "Woodward"s. My female sim just got married!

[img][/img]DUTbTxi.jpg