Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everything is gone!!! PLZ HELP (MAC USER)

*REPOSTED FROM MAC TROUBLESHOOTING & BUG THREAD*

I opened sims 4 today after I deleted a bunch of files off my mac. When I opened ts4 a bunch of tutorials popped up like I was a first time player. when I exited out of the tutorials none of my families saved. I looked in my finder and opened my mods and saves and nothing is there. I think i might of deleted everything!!!! :s IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO PLZ HELP!!!!!!! I also tried a bunch of things to fix it but none of them worked I hope i didn't screw it up more. i've already tried moving my saves and mods (which have nothing in them) to my desktop and then had the game create new ones, then i tried repairing the sims 4 on origin and nothing worked so far. I'm about to give up hope so ANYTHING can help. I hope i'm not annoying you with this i just want to try everything before I give up hope! :)

Computer Info:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Comments

• caroline_simscaroline_sims Posts: 31 Member
    I NEED HELP
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Please be patient and do not create new threads if you have already posted your problem once. Also understand that we are in different time zones and are not always online. Thank you.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • theworldofemilytheworldofemily Posts: 16 Member
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me? This post is the most relevant one that I have found that is most similar to my situation. I load up sims4 as i normally do, and for some reason, there is a glitch where all my towns have gone back to how they originally were, with only my families in my library/gallery. No one is in their own homes, and it says at the bottom "$0 funds" and every house i click it says "you don't have the funds" WHAT IS GOING ON? Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thank you so much - Emily xx
    Have you done anything differently recently on your computer? Like tried to reinstall the Sims? Just trying to get more information to help us to help you. Please also tell us what kind of Mac you have, your current OS version, and how much RAM you have.

Thank you.
  • theworldofemilytheworldofemily Posts: 16 Member
    @Tremayne4260 thank you - i have since resolved this issue. It was a saved game corruption. I tried reinstalling, and then copied back my saves so i realised it was to do with my saved games. made a new game, copied those in and loaded in to last game. deleted the last save file that was there. all good now :) thank you so much - Emily
  • vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay you are going waaaay, too fast.

My daughter who plays sims4 religiously is distraught .

After updating her computer’s sierra i think, and redownloading origin, everything is gone. Youd think one of us had died.

Let me back up....we think because she had to sign in using her apple icloud id the origin thought it was a new computer? So we had her sign out of iCloud.

I told her not to look at it before she went to bed in case something is really still wrong with that you never go back to sleep and I told her not to log into it this morning so I wouldn’t ruin her day at school if something was really seriously wrong .

When we looked at the files yesterday after each folder there would be a little cloud what does this mean ?

So there’s a way to reload games or saved data from the ETA cloud?

Thanks in advance....
    Let me see if I have this straight. :)

1) Updated Mac OS (Operating System) to either Sierra or High Sierra.
    2) Reinstalled Origin.
    3) Everything is "gone". Not sure if you mean the games she had installed or the data.
    4) Not all is lost yet.

So my questions are as follows:

1) After re-installing Origin, does she still have access to her Base game, plus Expansion Packs/Stuff Packs/Game Packs that were already purchased? Have they been re-installed on the computer itself? If no, then definitely do this and do not install to iCloud. The game must be on the computer's hard drive.
    2) Does she have a backup in the form of Time Machine or another means of Data storage?

We'll figure this out. :)