Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloaded new cc, opened Sims and it was like I got the game for the first time

chaysethegingerchaysetheginger Posts: 20 Member
So I went cc shopping as usual and I download some, and when I went to play, I was greeted with "Welcome to the Sims 4 Get Together", "Welcome to the Sims 4 Cats and Dogs", all that stuff. But what scared me the most was "Welcome to Create A Sim". I exited and thought maybe it's a glitch, or if I pressed something wrong, but it wouldn't show the New Game or Load Game options. All of my cc is gone too.
Does anyone know how, or IF, I can get everything back?
"My philosophy.. is that, worrying means you suffer twice."

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Hate to tell you, but you probably downloaded bad CC which conflicts with other CC or your game. Quite often when either a new patch is offered by EA or a new EP/GP/SP or has come out, many Mods and CC need to be updated by their creators. Some are updated right away, others never are updated. The only way to see what is bad, is to manually cull your CC.

What I would do first, is move your Sims 4 to your Desktop. DO NOT DELETE IT! This is where all your saved games are stored. Next simply start up Sims 4 realizing that none of your CC/Mods or Saved Games will be present. If updates are required, let the game update. Also do not let your game Auto Update. Set your preferences to Manual Update so that in the future you can review your Mods/CC to insure they will be up to date when you patch your game. Next start a new game to make sure that everything works. Save and quit the game.

To cull your CC, only add a limited amount back into the game. Color code what you are adding so that if the game does not start up, you can narrow down what is not working by what you have recently added. There are no programs for the Mac to automatically do this for you.

Also keep track of where you downloaded your CC from so that in the future you can check and see if anything needs to be updated.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • chaysethegingerchaysetheginger Posts: 20 Member
    Hate to tell you, but you probably downloaded bad CC which conflicts with other CC or your game. Quite often when either a new patch is offered by EA or a new EP/GP/SP or has come out, many Mods and CC need to be updated by their creators. Some are updated right away, others never are updated. The only way to see what is bad, is to manually cull your CC.

What I would do first, is move your Sims 4 to your Desktop. DO NOT DELETE IT! This is where all your saved games are stored. Next simply start up Sims 4 realizing that none of your CC/Mods or Saved Games will be present. If updates are required, let the game update. Also do not let your game Auto Update. Set your preferences to Manual Update so that in the future you can review your Mods/CC to insure they will be up to date when you patch your game. Next start a new game to make sure that everything works. Save and quit the game.

To cull your CC, only add a limited amount back into the game. Color code what you are adding so that if the game does not start up, you can narrow down what is not working by what you have recently added. There are no programs for the Mac to automatically do this for you.

Also keep track of where you downloaded your CC from so that in the future you can check and see if anything needs to be updated.

It WAS some bad cc, but I only caught it the second time around. Thank you for the feedback!
    "My philosophy.. is that, worrying means you suffer twice."
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Most welcome. :)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.