Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SEASONS

Not only have I seen 'Hints' in game about seasons but on some social media such as Twitter and Facebook, saying that seasons is being worked on.. YAY can't wait, but I have a feeling that it won't come out until the end of this year towards October Halloween. I hope it comes out sooner than, that like this summer.

Comments

• Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I guess it's one EP every year? So yeah... probably the end of the year. Hopefully we get more (actually interesting) content by then though...
  • Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    Yeah, looks like they’re sticking to one EP a year, unfortunately. And as much as I want Seasons, I’d be livid if it came out half finished because they released it too soon. I’ll wait until November if I have to if it means more gameplay instead of clutter items and snow flurries. That being said, I’m absolutely hype for weather.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • KatieSimKatieSim Posts: 71 Member
    I don’t mind waiting :) but I’m excited, I’ve already started dressing all of my sims for October haha- I also thought it would be coming in October.
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Sooo long till October, or the end of the year :( I hope it will be sooner. I have been waiting since the game came out, i can't play without seasons!
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I can’t wait for seasons but game design is hard so I will hold on. Hopefully we will get proper holidays this time like Christmas Easter etc with appropriate music wether food & clothing. I am not American but would love to see thanks giving implemented with a new emotion ( festivitie) and a new trate Scrooge.
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    edited March 2018
    I found a new hot chocolate maker and an option for "outerwear" in CAS.

WINTER IS COMING!!!!!

1232550815_bush%20doing%20the%20happy%20dance.gif

I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
    edited March 2018
    PS: I've noticed they tend to combine packs that were separate in the older versions of Sims, so I wonder if it's going to be a combination EP with Uni. I could totally see them releasing a "Get to Class" pack that includes fall activities and winter snowstorms.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited March 2018

WINTER IS COMING!!!!!

Where did you find it? Do you have any proof?
    Any screenshots?
    a256aFi.gif
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member

WINTER IS COMING!!!!!

@sleekoduck87 I did see outerwear and witches on S4S. I agree I think we may have winter coming and I notice that the wind is a long stronger in Brindleton Bay and Willow Creek than any other world.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

@FreezerBunnyCowplant

The chocolate maker I think was in Miscellaneous Decorations or Clutter (also Decorations) - just do a search for it.

When you're in CAS, there is a new, empty section called "outerwear" in the one-piece section. Hope that helps!
  • KatieSimKatieSim Posts: 71 Member
    I may be wrong but I think outerwear has a few items already? A full body outfit that may have came with granite falls?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant

The chocolate maker I think was in Miscellaneous Decorations or Clutter (also Decorations) - just do a search for it.

When you're in CAS, there is a new, empty section called "outerwear" in the one-piece section. Hope that helps!

There's been an Outerwear section since Outdoor Retreat, though. At least for those of us with Outdoor Retreat.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I have the Outdoor Retreat and Backyard Stuff packs and I've never seen an outfit in that section... which age and gender is it for?
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    PS: I've noticed they tend to combine packs that were separate in the older versions of Sims, so I wonder if it's going to be a combination EP with Uni. I could totally see them releasing a "Get to Class" pack that includes fall activities and winter snowstorms.
    That would make no sense to me tbh. Why would they combine university and seasons? They have nothing to do with each other at all.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant

Decorations? Bleh....I want a real hot chocolate machine with an option for Teen+ to make hot chocolate for children.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    That would make no sense to me tbh. Why would they combine university and seasons? They have nothing to do with each other at all.

Yes don't give them wrong ideas! :D I just want a simple, traditional Seasons EP with all the features we got in previous Seasons EPs. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Outer wear was already apart of the game since OTR but I saw witches on the S4S apps since I make tattoos from time to time. I also take back part of my earlier statement. The outer wear however only has two outfits in that selection unless you down load clothing mods.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Sooo long till October, or the end of the year :( I hope it will be sooner. I have been waiting since the game came out, i can't play without seasons!
    I feel exactly the way you do!!!!
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member

WINTER IS COMING!!!!!

Thanks for posting that, you made my day!!!!!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member

Yes don't give them wrong ideas! :D I just want a simple, traditional Seasons EP with all the features we got in previous Seasons EPs. :)

And another new world with it. Even an empty one.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    edited March 2018

Because college classes traditionally start in the fall and tie in very well with seasonal activity. I love watching my Sims study in their dorms during snowstorms.... it reminds me of college. :smile:

If you want a good example of this in TS4, Get Together combined aspects of Freetime (hobbies) and Apartment Life (social cliques) from TS2, seamlessly merging the two into things social clubs like the Avant Gardes, the Goodtimers, and the Garden Gnomes. The skill boosts the clubs give are definitely like Freetime.

Get to Work combined elements from both Best of Business and Nightlife in TS2.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2018

Because college classes traditionally start in the fall and tie in very well with seasonal activity. I love watching my Sims study in their dorms during snowstorms.... it reminds me of college. :smile:

If you want a good example of this in TS4, Get Together combined aspects of Freetime (hobbies) and Apartment Life (social cliques) from TS2, seamlessly merging the two into things social clubs like the Avant Gardes, the Goodtimers, and the Garden Gnomes. The skill boosts the clubs give are definitely like Freetime.

Get to Work combined elements from both Best of Business and Nightlife in TS2.

I don't think they will combine a University theme with Seasons to be honest. That wouldn't do justice to any of the two themes.

What they need is focus. I hate them trying to combine different themes into one pack, because I think that is one of the reasons the EP's are so shallow. We need depth.

None of the past EP's has been enjoyable to me. They ALL lack stuff in various aspects. It's really sad that with The Sims 4 we cannot have it all and there is always some giant ''trade off'' to every (at least) EP.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

Seasons is too big to include a world.
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »

Seasons is too big to include a world.

Do you mean for The Sims 4? The Sims 2: Seasons had Riverblossom Hills.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2018
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant

Outer Wear has been there as they said above. OR was worked on before the game was even released (check the premium notes of what you would get if you signed up for membership as a premium member before they ditched that idea before game released). So was spooky day or whatever and some other GP or stuff pack. They were all mentioned in the premium membership. So, that doesn't mean they have plans to fill outerwear since that was over four years ago.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.