Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Pet Aftermath: Did you stick with your initial convictions?

CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
I was not feeling all that enthusiastic for the expansion on Cats and Dogs.
But they got me with the hamster/hedgehog/rat/void critter thingy, as well as the pet disease.
It's going to fit with some story lines I intend to play out. So it's option 3 for me.
The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

My First Pet Aftermath: Did you stick with your initial convictions? 187 votes

I caved! Cannot resist.
6% 12 votes
I was all in, until the last moment. Did not buy!
43% 81 votes
Resistance is futile. I knew I was gonna buy it from the start, despite my feelings about DLC for DLC.
22% 42 votes
What's with all the consumer drama? It's The sims. I buy.
27% 52 votes

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    :p I forgot an option for those who were against it from the start and stuck with it.
    Sorry about that. I cannot edit the poll.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited March 2018
    While I agree that all packs should be made available to everyone regardless of what they already have, it wasn't something I was losing sleep over.

Oops, post doesn't show my answer, I voted for 4.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    Did not want. Did not buy. Won’t say I wasn’t tempted.
  • DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    I don't like the idea of DLC that requires other DLC to work, but I have always completed my Sims sets in the past (Save KPST..... ew) so I got this one, too. Had money been an issue for me when it came out, I would have waited, but I am in a good place for now so... There were also some features I really wanted, and I have to admit that I am really happy with the rodents, even though I wish that small animals had been devoted to their own game pack instead of a stuff pet. There's some functionality missing there, but I have been enjoying watching my sims interact with the little hedgehog and I've been enjoying his nighttime antics. I'm still not sure it was worth the full $10, but it is what it is for me.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I wasn't going to buy when I thought vamps had been nerfed but now that I have had Vlad break in and bite a few times I happily forked over my cash.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited March 2018
    DaemonPaws wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of DLC that requires other DLC to work, but I have always completed my Sims sets in the past (Save KPST..... ew) so I got this one, too. Had money been an issue for me when it came out, I would have waited, but I am in a good place for now so... There were also some features I really wanted, and I have to admit that I am really happy with the rodents, even though I wish that small animals had been devoted to their own game pack instead of a stuff pet. There's some functionality missing there, but I have been enjoying watching my sims interact with the little hedgehog and I've been enjoying his nighttime antics. I'm still not sure it was worth the full $10, but it is what it is for me.

Yeah I wish they had did a game pack instead, or at least went the extra mile and added a bird.
    Oh, can you image if they had an owl?

OK, EA if we get Witches, I want an Owl pet. :D
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    I didn't like it from day 1 so I certainly didn't buy it. I don't even think I'll buy it in the future even if they put it on sale. I would've been a buyer if the content wasn't just a bunch of recolors and there were more small pets. (Spiders, snakes, birds, etc.)
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I also think it would have been better if small animals had its own separate GP. A SP with DLC for DLC is not the best way to go here.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I didn't purchase it. Maybe one day, when there's a sale and the numbers don't mean anything anymore, I might. Or if we get some kind of acknowledgement from the company to restore good faith, I would reconsider. I really don't know what that could be. I guess if they went ahead and did a full small pets Game pack instead of offering each animal in pieces, I would consider that a good direction, but I can't say that would make me buy the Stuff pack. Maybe if they offered us a patch for some C&D objects like new bed styles and doghouses and such, I would reconsider, but I don't really see that happening.
    #Team Occult
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited March 2018
    I kind of already forgotten that this was a separate stuff pack tbh. The stuff that came in it fit awfully well into Cats & Dogs...it's as if the stuff that came with it was made to be apart of it from the very beginning...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm in the "no, not at all" group :lol:

I would have been slightly open to it if it was at the very least a stuff pack fully focused on hamsters (or two small pets) if they really felt it best to separate them. But the fact that they added C&D items...that obviously should have been in it's appropriate pack. There was no doubt in my mind that I wasn't going to buy this pack. My niece, whose an actual hamster lover (she's owned about 3 since she was 8), was even more upset about it..I was rather surprised about that..but I guess even a 13-year-old can understand the bad practice that EA has shown.

Originally I was hoping to see a small pets GP in hopes of my son getting much knowledge on all the variety of animals who could be adopted into a home (and without a real messy home :lol: ). But all in all, I caved and decided to adopt an actual hamster for him and it's a really fun experience at the moment.

Game wise, I found some CC replacements. Some modders have made their own fish tank, others have also made their own rodents, reptiles and birds. So, honestly, I haven't been tempted in the slightest. But one thing's for sure...I'm ready to know what the next pack is :lol:
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    "against it from the start and stuck with it"

This would definitely be my vote. I'm not buying it.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    I'm the "was super excited for guinea pigs, then learned more about the pack, and is now really conflicted" person

I think I'm gonna wait until a stuff pack sale because I like the build/buy and still want small pets, even though I'm really disappointed in how they were done (not even a couple color swatches for the hamsters/rats???)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited March 2018
    Ahh I went through a gamut of emotions but quickly settled into looking forward to it especially after hearing about the disease possibility.
    I love the game. This is just one more part of it.. and I really, really like this little critter. I've been playing it this morning and it's going to be a source of hands off, unlucky death in one household. Lol well it's going to kill off sims I don't want to keep around but my sim will stay innocent of the crime. I keep thinking as I play how well the little critter will fit for a loner sim.. starting out with little funds. It gives lots of fun and social... and requires little care. That's my problem with cats and dogs so far.. you have to be willing to make them a real member of the household. Even though I didn't think it would fit I'll be using it for my scientists after all. I'm just coming up with more ways to play with it.
    I don't mind DLC for DLC... I'd sure love for them to expand on GTW.
    I did understand more why people would be upset to buy a pack for one item, mostly because my game is getting really glutted in some areas. It is what it is.. and I would have paid the 10 for the hamster ect and the death/disease possible anyway. The recolor argument holds no sway here though. I like having more clothing options.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I might buy it if I find it at 50% off, so probably never.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I didn't want to buy it after I saw the CAS were mainly edits of existing meshes, but I did.
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    I picked the fourth option, but I'm somewhere between the third and fourth choices. I was all in as soon as I heard "hedgehogs," but I do understand where people are coming from about "DLC for DLC," even if I disagree with them (for the most part).
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Still feeling conflicted, so undecided. I watched a few things and I actually like the hamster offering and the disease. But the rest irks me. I mean I know shirts have been made from the same meshes before, but that desk being exactly match for the furniture in cats and dogs - makes me, well, very unhappy, I also don't dress my pets in real life or the game, so that aspect is not that helpful.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I didn't buy the pack because I won it. I would've bought it if I didn't win it though. Considering they've been doing this for years, I've gotten over it by now. However they do need to add a lot more content to this game and if they are going to do this stuff pack by stuff pack we are never going to get everything that makes the sims feel complete. I mean come on if you wanted to give us pet stuff how about pet jobs, pet shows or even a pet store. I'm pretty sure a few outfits and a hamster wasn't the only thing missing from the pack.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    I didn't buy the pack because I won it. I would've bought it if I didn't win it though. Considering they've been doing this for years, I've gotten over it by now. However they do need to add a lot more content to this game and if they are going to do this stuff pack by stuff pack we are never going to get everything that makes the sims feel complete. I mean come on if you wanted to give us pet stuff how about pet jobs, pet shows or even a pet store. I'm pretty sure a few outfits and a hamster wasn't the only thing missing from the pack.

See? A winning idea right there that would've fit well for a stuff pack of this calibre.

If you intend to stick packs onto other packs, at least add a lot more stuff in it that complements the other pack's content so nicely. This SP doesn't do that in its full entirety.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    At first, I didn’t want it because I wasn’t sure it would be worth the money. I ended up getting it on release day anyways and got my money’s worth by the end of the day. It quickly became my favorite stuff pack!
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Nope, didn't want it. Didn't buy it. Only one I haven't bought.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I have not purchased and will not, unless it goes on sale for $2.50 or less. It is barely worth that much. My first pet irl was a fancy parakeet, so I was disappointed the moment I found out it was only basically rodents and recolors.