Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simder: A Dating "App" for your Sims

Fireheart2010Fireheart2010 Posts: 148 Member
Welcome everyone to "Simder" kind of like "Tinder" except in the Sims 3 :)

So what is Simder?

Simder is a little idea I came up with for our single sims who just cant quiet find their match using the online dating platform from their laptop and are looking for a more specific type of sim to (hopefully) spend the rest of their days with.

What to do

1. Upload a picture of your sim (Pets can also be included)
2. Fill out the "online profile"
3. Browse other sims on the "app" until you find that perfect match.

Online Profile Form
(You can erm..exaggerate if you wish but at your own risk ^_^)

Name:
Bio:
Children:
Pets:
Skills:
Hobbies:
Add in anything else you'd like

peace_love_adopt_rectangular_sticker-r4646840974ac43558d16db15cbd53fcb_v9wxo_8byvr_307.jpg?rvtype=content

Post edited by Fireheart2010 on

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Someone is going to ask this eventually, so may as well get it out of the way. Erm, do we have to tell the truth about our sims and how will anyone be able to prove it if we use a different sim's photo? Not that anyone IRL would ever try to trick out a dating system to get more...attractive matches or anything, of course no one would do that. o:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Who, me? No, I wouldn't do anything of the sort! I definitely wasn't stealing pics of @CravenLestat's lovely ladies and uploading them to my own sims' dating profiles. I really don't know what you're talking about.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    This sounds like it could be a lot of fun :smile:
    However, my current heir already has a gf so it'll be quite some time before I have another sim who needs a partner. Or if i decide to start a new family for some reason I will utilize this!
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    It sounds really nice, but I don't use sims from the Gallery, It is hard to tell if they have cc or mod, but it would be nice for those that do.
    edited March 2018
    Evalen wrote: »
    It sounds really nice, but I don't use sims from the Gallery, It is hard to tell if they have cc or mod, but it would be nice for those that do.
    It is most certainly wise to be careful with Exchange downloads or sims and such content from any sources, really. There are tools that can be used to check them out so we can see what we are really getting before putting them into our games. But just FYI, although "bad" and rogue CC is definitely a risk for those who don't have or are still learning how these tools work, no one can hide actual mods inside of a sim (or a lot, world, etc.). Well, theoretically maybe but that portion of the file wouldn't actually do anything in there as it would then just be dormant code. It's only content, unwanted or otherwise, that can spread.

Or the really short version -- yes, some players do not want mods and that's fine. But mods are not viruses or malware, they can't be engaged unless the player goes through some pretty specific steps on purpose for them to run. ;)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited March 2018
    @Sindocat - What I like is when the built-in or provided by mods Sim Finder or Matchmaker services produce what the game developers must have thought would be undesirable matches -- perhaps heavier, older, less hair on top, etc. than one might have expected. But then I end up liking those sims more than I was probably supposed to and keeping them in my game anyway. :)

@Fireheart2010 - Please don't be discouraged by our silly comments. It was a pretty good idea actually, but perhaps needs a bit more work, some kind of extended requirements on behalf of the serious participants maybe?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    Oh I thought this was a new mod release
  • Fireheart2010Fireheart2010 Posts: 148 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Someone is going to ask this eventually, so may as well get it out of the way. Erm, do we have to tell the truth about our sims and how will anyone be able to prove it if we use a different sim's photo? Not that anyone IRL would ever try to trick out a dating system to get more...attractive matches or anything, of course no one would do that. o:)

lmao well you don't have to but it's advisable you do :)
    peace_love_adopt_rectangular_sticker-r4646840974ac43558d16db15cbd53fcb_v9wxo_8byvr_307.jpg?rvtype=content

I can update the thread when I get back from work today and include details about disclosing cc and erm being honest haha. I'm open for other suggestions as well :)

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018
    I really like this idea, but for me only to follow what will happen because I’m like Evalen in this respect. I know using sims from the Exchange can be safe when you take the right precautions, but for me it’s just not worth the fuss (“but it’s not a fuss, it’s easy” - “it still feels like a fuss to me and I just don’t want other people’s sims that much to go through it” <- not adressing this to igazor or implying he’d react like that but I’ve actually had this conversation several times in the past ;)).

But that’s me, others have no problem with it and don’t mind ‘the fuss’ and I think this could turn into a fun thread! And it could turn into something very funny if in fact fakes would participate :tongue:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Harleen Quinzel

Insane
    Childish
    Genius
    Kleptomaniac
    Athletic

Past Career: Psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum with a P.H.D. From Gotham University

Current Career: Psychotic criminal and homicidal maniac

Hobbies include Burglarizing museums and jewelry stores,talking to herself and taking you for long walks on a short cliff.

HMcyq7m.png

No clown makeup,she is quite the looker.

x41bkZf.png
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited March 2018
    Well, as long as the serious applicants are rolling in then...I do have a sim I've had trouble finding a suitable partner for now that I've thought about it some more. She's adorable and her traits are nearly perfect, but maybe my standards have been too high.

Snarky Morel-Centauri

Friendly
    Genius
    Loyal
    Neat
    Non-Destructive

No careers, no reputation to speak of. Very affectionate and kid-friendly. Hobbies include singing along with the stereo and watching TV on the sofa with her family while getting belly rubs.

6vzd7gjus1ejur75g.jpg
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited March 2018
    2 x uyrdhJ3.png

(lol, she doesn't look snarky to me at all :blush: )
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    No, she's a Schipperke. I named her when she was a baby, when I thought she might live up to her breed's reputation of being independent, a bit stubborn, and somewhat challenging to train. That didn't really happen. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited March 2018
    No, she's a Schipperke. I named her when she was a baby, when I thought she might live up to her breed's reputation of being independent, a bit stubborn, and somewhat challenging to train. That didn't really happen. :)
    You have no idea how Dutch that word sounds, 'schipperke' :D It confused me for a moment but it's a breed I understand. She's super cute. And I'm 100% sure she'll find her mate one day.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    This inspired me. :lol:

So will you swipe right?
    6tGophb.jpg

Or swipe left? :lol:
    ldO3qkE.jpg
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member

My current sims' husky isn't as needy as a real husky either. Or at least I didn't think so. They took him along when they went to Uni, and by the end of the first week, even though they gave him as much attention as they had time for, his social bar was very low, and he was demanding attention. They had to love him up a lot over the weekend.
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    This inspired me. :lol:

So will you swipe right?
    6tGophb.jpg

Or swipe left? :lol:
    ldO3qkE.jpg

These are awesome! Where did you find these so I can add them to the OP? Also I apologize to everyone I haven't been active. I had a very busy last couple days with work, the gym, and I'm building my own gym in-game ^_^

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Fireheart2010 I drew them. :tongue: And thank you. Just save them straight from here and feel free to use them.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited March 2018
    Deleted
    Post edited by Simtown15 on