Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 QC Create A Room Contest ~ Challenge 85 Up due (EST) 10th December ☆☆

Comments

• Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Yikes! Sorry @cbear13! And thanks for the fun challenge and the great borders and taking all the time to check out all our entries! You are fabulous!

Congrats to @coolsim9999999 and @LadyAlexiel, @okester and @chips46 and I'd like to apologize to everyone on how erratic I've been in commenting and thanking. I could make excuses but honestly, I could organize better and make the time to be a better Simmer. Sorry guys. You all rock!

And thanks for the congrats @lsnishi, @coolsim9999999, @chips46, @carolynrosser, @rosemow. What a fine group of creative and kind people we have in this thread!!
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    Thank you very much @Ainsleyf B)!

You're very welcome @Ainsleyf B)!

@Ainsleyf --- You are a great Simmer, and we all get busy :)! It's O.K. :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
    edited March 2018
    QC Room challenge no: 75
    Origin ID: Valuzza90
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate
    Gallery Name: Green Office
    Gallery Link: https://ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/59F9E36C26D611E8825F38E726CE10E3
    Notes about entry:
    In the room the electricity power is self-produced.
    Graham created two piles to produce electricity from potatoes and lemons to electrically powered respectively the wall clock and the robot lamp on the table.
    He grows his potato and lemon plants and recycles the horticultural waste using the Biomass Gasification situated in the room. The Biomass Gasification is used to gasify the horticultural waste and produce electricity and heat to the room.
    The heat system uses a floor radiant system whith water into pipes under the entire room creating a heated floor, this is an excellent heating systems during the winter but also climatize the rooms during the summer in a healthy and comfortable way.
    The pipes under the floor connect the fountain in the room, Graham loves the outdoors and to hear the sound of water makes him think to the nature, for this reason he has a picture on the wall portrays his lemon tree.
    The floor composed of porcelain stoneware obtained from ceramic clays, sand and other natural materials, given its characteristics, it is eco-sustainable. Moreover the floor uses a system to generate energy from steps, in this way lights and computers all powered by human energy (significant energy and economic savings) the steps are free, the energy is not. Neither for us nor for the environment.

P.S.: Mr. Greenfinger loves create his vegan, biodegradable, vegetable and not toxic handmade candles using 100% vegetable soy wax (Not OGM and completely natural), moreover he created the chandelier using recycled material.

(I'm Italian and I hope I have described the characteristics of the room well in English. If in doubt, do not hesitate to ask me)

Images (2 - 6 images):
    13-03-18_15-39-26.png
    13-03-18_15-41-02.png
    13-03-18_15-48-01.png
    13-03-18_15-49-33.png
    13-03-18_15-52-53.png
    13-03-18_15-53-06.png
    Post edited by Valuzza90 on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The design and furnishing of Green Office is very nice! @Valuzza90 :) You have put so much time into working out also the encironmenrally friendly and natural background details of the room! It was great reading what you wrote about the room! The green colour of the walls looks nice and it looks so very creative how you have done the fruit trees on the wall using the fruit pictures! The design of the bookcases area looks great! Very nice study desk area for Gary to enjoy using the computer to do his work. The floor print under the table adds a great look to the room! The candles are a nice touch on the desk top. The microscope prints, leafy picture, gardening plaque and photo of Gary with his lemon tree are very nice touches on the walls. The water fountain is nice in the room. He will enjoy sitting in the green armchair reading a book. The harvestable plants and bonsai plant look great in the room !
    It is a very nice natural office! :)
    The room link is
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/59F9E36C26D611E8825F38E726CE10E3
  • Options
    Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    edited March 2018
    We're all here to help each other @Ainsleyf there's nothing to apologize for and we all get busy and your a great simmer and you rock to take care
    Post edited by chips46 on
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    All good @Ainsleyf I had a giggle when I saw you had the wrong level again lol
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Congratulations on your Maxis fave @LadyAlexiel B)! Great golden living room for King Midas :D!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    AlliRaptorAlliRaptor Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks @Cbear13 and @rosemow both for the warm welcome and kind words! :blush:
    I'll definitely be entering some more of your competitions in the future.
  • Options
    ChaosSimmer86ChaosSimmer86 Posts: 65 Member
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for this challenge! I haven't actually looked at any of the other entries yet, because I didn't want to be influenced in my build. But as soon as this is posted I'll go check them out, I'm sure everyone did a wonderful job! I look forward to the next challenge!

Origin ID: ChaosSimmer86
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Experienced
    Gallery Name: Cozy Green Study
    Gallery Link: Cozy Green Study
    Notes about entry: I wanted the study to reflect Graham's personality and his love for nature. It includes several skill-building objects that have to do with the outdoors, like an archeology workstation. He also has a small indoor garden where he grows fruits, veggies and flowers. As he doesn't like technology, Graham's computer is pretty old and there are no other electric appliances apart from some lights. I really had fun building this room and I hope you enjoy it!
    Link to slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/zZfMu
    Images (2 - 6 images):
    QLevcW1.jpg
    Overview

USIZybn.jpg
    Graham trimming his Bonsai

9q0HRpt.jpg
    View from the door

W4UMJTy.jpg
    Crafting a sculpture

4bsshxv.jpg
    Authenticating an artefact

Yo34d66.jpg
    Taking care of his little indoor garden

• Options
    Very nice design and furnishing of Cozy Green Study! @ChaosSimmer86 :) The green colour of the walls, and the wooden texture of the flooring gives a very nice natural feel to the room. Very nice indoors harvestable garden nook near the windows! Graham would enjoy tending to the plants in the gardening boxes, with sunshine coming in through the windows. The type of windows used and the green curtains on them looks nice. The plants and hanging herbs on the walls, on top of the bookcases and on the floor are nice nature touches. The bonsai looks great in the room. He will enjoy doing crafting on the woodwork bench when taking a break from using the computer at the study desk. The crafted woodwork items and the collectibles look very nice on display on the wooden wall shelves. It is great that there is an archaeology table in the room for him to use. The bookshelves look nice used as a wall divider to create the nook areas, The study desk area is very nice! The leather seat is comfortable for him to sit in whilst using the computer or reading a book from the bookshelf. The photo, pen and plant are great touches on the desk. The bookcase nook looks great! The candles look pretty on top of the bookcases. Nice table and chairs sitting area. The flowers are a pretty touch on the table.
    It is a very nice nature office study :)
  • Options
    ChaosSimmer86ChaosSimmer86 Posts: 65 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Very nice design and furnishing of Cozy Green Study! @ChaosSimmer86 :) The green colour of the walls, and the wooden texture of the flooring gives a very nice natural feel to the room. Very nice indoors harvestable garden nook near the windows! Graham would enjoy tending to the plants in the gardening boxes, with sunshine coming in through the windows. The type of windows used and the green curtains on them looks nice. The plants and hanging herbs on the walls, on top of the bookcases and on the floor are nice nature touches. The bonsai looks great in the room. He will enjoy doing crafting on the woodwork bench when taking a break from using the computer at the study desk. The crafted woodwork items and the collectibles look very nice on display on the wooden wall shelves. It is great that there is an archaeology table in the room for him to use. The bookshelves look nice used as a wall divider to create the nook areas, The study desk area is very nice! The leather seat is comfortable for him to sit in whilst using the computer or reading a book from the bookshelf. The photo, pen and plant are great touches on the desk. The bookcase nook looks great! The candles look pretty on top of the bookcases. Nice table and chairs sitting area. The flowers are a pretty touch on the table.

Thank you so much @rosemow for you lovely review, I really appreciate it. Glad you like the office I created!
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Thank you so much @rosemow for you lovely review, I really appreciate it. Glad you like the office I created!

You’re welcome! @ChaosSimmer86 :)
  • Options
    Great entries from everyone I will be getting mine in soon so I can get it out of the way and I just got my jungle adventure bundle pack so I can start exploring all the packs that came with the bundle and get lost in the jungle it looks beautiful
  • Options
    chips46 wrote: »
    Great entries from everyone I will be getting mine in soon so I can get it out of the way and I just got my jungle adventure bundle pack so I can start exploring all the packs that came with the bundle and get lost in the jungle it looks beautiful

Hello @chips46 :) I will look forward to seeing your room!
    It is great that you now own the bundle back! Happy adventuring for your sims in the jungles of Selvadorada ! You will enjoy discovering the features, activities and items that came with each of the packs in the bundle!
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    Entry Form:
    QC Room challenge no:75
    Origin ID: chips46
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Advanced
    Gallery Name: Activist New Office
    Gallery Link: Activist New Office
    Notes about: I've decorated the room for a work office for his new career is where they hold speeches and meetings with other Activist I have a few photos taken from my sim and one has a photo of the world for going green to save the trees and Promoting environmental awareness
    Images (2 - 6 images):
    At least 1 showing as much of a room as possible.
    17dpUtv.pngtCESqVy.pngtDXycid.pngz2wucbW.png6LDzY2P.pngP7klGJ5.png

A few bonus shots of my sims protesting for his passion for going green at Sims City Living San Myshuno and I enjoyed having this test play in this room challenge as I dont play very often
    OwQU8rV.pngoxcicvD.png
  • Options
    xManicMelodicxxManicMelodicx Posts: 165 Member
    Since I enjoyy building, i figured why not givve this a go? :smile:

Origin ID: ManicMelodic

Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate, since it iss my first timee.

Gallery Name: Nature Lover's Office

Gallery Link: I cantt properly post links yet but: ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/43FCF4A3297D11E887E94B57E267D701?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=ManicMelodic&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false (sorryy about th long link :s

Notes about entry: Wel, its my first time, and i knoww it isnt the best. I'm not entirelyy sure what to say heree. I triedd to givee this room as much of a wooden,natural feel as i could. Lighting was difficultt, as i knew Graham was not overly fond of electrics, so Isettled on candle chanderliers.

Images (2 - 6 images): at imgur.com/a/wPg06
    9517953f7d116bed59d3d8860ae452cd27577c24_hq.gif
  • Options
    Awesome office @chips46 B)! I really like all the details :D! Have fun exploring the jungle :D! There's so much to see and do :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Since I enjoyy building, i figured why not givve this a go? :smile:

Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate, since it iss my first timee.

Gallery Name: Nature Lover's Office

Gallery Link: I cantt properly post links yet but: ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/43FCF4A3297D11E887E94B57E267D701?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=ManicMelodic&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false (sorryy about th long link :s

Notes about entry: Wel, its my first time, and i knoww it isnt the best. I'm not entirelyy sure what to say heree. I triedd to givee this room as much of a wooden,natural feel as i could. Lighting was difficultt, as i knew Graham was not overly fond of electrics, so Isettled on candle chanderliers.

1DrAvFC.png

HjSBCt4.pngL

kaHq355.png
    n7ptRc5.png
    oB1ydRd.png
    c59Zkvx.png

Images (2 - 6 images): at imgur.com/a/wPg06

• Options
    leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    chips46 wrote: »
    I just got the bundle pack today too :smiley:
    rzsH227.png
  • Options
    Activist New Office is a very nice and very detailed room! @chips46 :) It looks great! It looks very nice how you have designed and set it up for an activist. The photos, posters and paintings are very special touches on the walls! Very nice speech nook! The podium looks great! It is nice that it is nook for Graham to give speeches on the environment at the podium and listening activists can sit on the seats. The purple top hat statues on each side of the nook looks great! The frog floor prints are a nice touch. The glass cases of insects look great in the room. The patterned curtains and patterned floor rug are very nice touches in the room. The bamboo plants add to the very nice nature look in the room. It is nice that there is a bowl of fruit for the sims to enjoy eating some fresh fruit .
    The furnishing of the room for an environmental activist looks great! :)
  • Options
    Have a great time with the new bundle pack, as well! @leashahampton B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    The furnishing and layout of Nature Lover’s Office looks very nice! @xManicMelodicx :) Very nice natural brown and green colour scheme of the room. The brown wooden flooring gives a very feel to the room, and the brown patterned wallpaper looks very nice. The tree, flowers, birdhouse and fairy feature in the middle of the room looks very special and nice! The green colour and type of curtains used looks very nice. Sims will have fun playing chess in the room. Very nice study desk nook area for him to enjoy using the computer there to do his office work in a nice natural setting! The trellis roofing, greenery wrapped columns and patterned wall decor looks great! Nice book nook with the bookcase and the pile of books. The sims will enjoy sitting resting on the green sofa having a read of a book. The greenery on the sofa seats wall area, the yellow flowers picture and the flower carts are very nice touches in the room.
    It is a very nice natural office! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top