Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Upload Sims to the Exchange?

I'm having this weird bug in my game where I can't share Sims. When I try and export them to my launcher it tells me the export failed. Help please!
Hii, I guess. I'm pretty cool if you ask me. >w> BTW, call me Bean. Hah

Comments

• Options
    pepperw1pepperw1 Posts: 487 Member
    Try cut and pasteing all the files in your DCCache file to your desktop. By all means, DO NOT delete them. Then try and share your sims. After you have done that, put the DCCache files back in their folder.
  • Options
    BishopBettieBishopBettie Posts: 88 Member
    Hi,dje2001- I had the same problem a week ago. I could not Export a Sim/Household or Lot to my launcher. I tried many solutions and found this one worked for me. I went the DCCache folder and cut one file from it. Then pasted it to my desktop. This is the file dcdb0.dbc The following are steps I took. I have learned, the dcdb0.dbc file apparently holds installed third party Custom Content.

1)Go to name/my documents/ EA/The Sims 3/DCCache. Click on the DCCache folder and locate this *.dbc file: dcdb0.dbc
    2)Right click and "cut" the dcdb0dbc file from the DCCache folder and "paste" it on your desktop.
    3)Fire up Origin and start a new game. To start the game choose create -a -household. When in CAS, click on your premade, created Sim
    3) When your Sim is on the pedestal in CAS, click the share button.
    4)Name your Sim.
    5)Click the check mark, and exit the game. With the dbc file out of my game, the export actually worked. (I did not save my new game.)

Now, that your Sim has presumably Exported, completely close out of Origin, and go to your desktop.

Cut your "saved" dbc file from the desktop and paste it back into your DCcache folder. Start Origin again, go to your launcher and (fingers crossed) your Sim will be ready for upload.
  • Options
    BishopBettieBishopBettie Posts: 88 Member
    Here is a good link with other solutions you may want to try.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/755098/cas-export-fail
  • Options
    Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    Sorry to revive a dead thread, but if Bishop Bettie is still reading - thank you so much. With one simple action I was able to upload stuff again. And it proved that the problem is in my custom content. An unanticipated side effect was that Work in Progress CAW world, that I have uploaded to my game to work on as EIG crashes a lot - well it vanished! Lol. I didn't consider that this is a "download" to my game, that will disappear along with the dcb file.