Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lazy Gamer Reviews My First Pet

Comments

• surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Cats and Dogs was on sale the day it came out for 50% off. I know because I bought three copies and gave the extra two to other people. But I did not spend 20 dollars on my pack just to have stuff added in, that should have been there already, for a additional 10 dollars. I will wait the 50% + sale. That is all it is worth to me.

I bought it the day it came out for full price.... I know because it was my birthday and I was like... Why do i have to spend $40 on my birthday? Lol
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Cats and Dogs was on sale the day it came out for 50% off. I know because I bought three copies and gave the extra two to other people. But I did not spend 20 dollars on my pack just to have stuff added in, that should have been there already, for a additional 10 dollars. I will wait the 50% + sale. That is all it is worth to me.

I've never seen stuff packs go on sale, only EP's and GP's. Maybe they don't have sales for them in my country. I feel kind of dumb reading the EP was on a sale the day it came out, I bought it a few days later for the full price :neutral:
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    LiesSim wrote: »

I've never seen stuff packs go on sale, only EP's and GP's. Maybe they don't have sales for them in my country. I feel kind of dumb reading the EP was on a sale the day it came out, I bought it a few days later for the full price :neutral:

I got almost all my stuff packs which I own on sale for around $2.50 to $5. There were major stuff pack sales in 2016.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't normally agree with LGR on SPs because I actually like them as a concept generally. They don't cost much individually and I can decide if and when to add a bit to my game. I also find that the content does liven things up collectively. I did agree with him on liking JA.

I don't go out of my way to follow reviewers and I only see his reviews when they are posted here, but I will say that I kind of agree with him on this one. Take that for what it is. I still might eventually get it though I'd kind of like a bit more. The content doesn't quite appeal to me though I'm glad to know about the hair and clothes and I actually would have interest in those ... though not on their own. Eh, I'm still in the maybe camp on it, but I tend to agree with him on this one.

I've said this before but I don't form my opinions based on reviewers. I do like knowing what is in a pack and then I decide based upon that if and when I want it. If I agree, I'll say that too though.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    There was nothing wrong with his choice to give to his local animal shelter. As he said in his video, it would help them more.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Oh, I'll also add that I'm glad he donated to an animal charity. Sure, it does make him look good but it's still important and necessary to raise awareness. He is using his fan base as a platform in that case and I don't have a problem with doing so. It's important.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    LiesSim wrote: »

Don't feel dumb. You don't have control over that. I was surprised to find it on sale at 50% off on release day. I took advantage of it. I live in the USA, so things go on sale often.
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    AbyArashi wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    If you're going to donate your money, donate it to a kid's charity or something instead of going with a fad to give it to animal charities.

I just want to know what's so wrong for you about donating to animal charities? I get it's important to donate to kids charities to... but animal shelters need help too, they do a great job and they need support so I don't get what's so bad about what he did :/
    Thank you for saying this. :)

InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    I used to volunteer at a wildlife rescue center that ran purely on donations and the staff really cared about the animals...the animals had large cages, they fed them well (not just pet store food, they had a supply of bugs and fruit too). They also had top-notch incubators for the little ones. Animal shelters are not a cash grab, I’ve volunteered at multiple and I’ve never seen one that neglected the animals.

Anyways, if we get a Season’s EP, we better not get a “Seasonal Fashion” SP after lol.
    I used to volunteer at a wildlife rescue center that ran purely on donations and the staff really cared about the animals...the animals had large cages, they fed them well (not just pet store food, they had a supply of bugs and fruit too). They also had top-notch incubators for the little ones. Animal shelters are not a cash grab, I’ve volunteered at multiple and I’ve never seen one that neglected the animals.

Anyways, if we get a Season’s EP, we better not get a “Seasonal Fashion” SP after lol.

I agree. I have taken care of both domestic and wild animals. I think the Brother Wolf Shelter also runs a trift store. If that is the case, he gets both a good feeling that he has helped the animals, and he gets to thrift too. He loves thrifting. It is a win, win.
  • DBClaytonDBClayton Posts: 74 Member
    I liked LGR's review because he didn't try and sugar-coat things the way other prominent simmers on youtube had. If you watch youtube reviews of stuff packs, you're likely not just watching one, so I think it's fine not to go into all the details.

Also, I hope the anti-animal charity person understands the limitations of effective altruism.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    The review confirms impressions gained while checking the pack out - a useless rehash of what should have been in C&D to begin with and a quick and dirty effort to provide a very few new things. That a great deal of the pack is useless without having C&D comes across as blatant money grabbing of the lowest order. Perhaps the marketing suits think we're a pack of suckers waiting to be fleeced. As he suggested, if you're going to spend $10 on a first pet, send it to a shelter taking care of real ones.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I agree with LG I did not buy this pack but I could see that it would be waste of money unless you want new outfits for you cat or dog. The whole Sims 4 really is bad in comparison to Sims 3 over all it is a joke.
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited March 2018
    candy8 wrote: »
    I agree with LG I did not buy this pack but I could see that it would be waste of money unless you want new outfits for you cat or dog. The whole Sims 4 really is bad in comparison to Sims 3 over all it is a joke.

Personally i think they are both flawed, Thesims3 has too much content but the sims thenselves are lackluster and the game is a buggy mess, Thesims4 has smarter sims and is more stable but lacks content, both suffer the whole experience due to basegame design decisions (Bad sims/Bad world design) and with constant cash grabs on part of the DLC cycle. Thesims3 with the store and Thesims4 with the stuff packs.

But i personally prefer smarter sims and Gamepacks to Thesims3 simpoints and bigger world even if it has more content so i must disagree and say thesims4 is better but not by a huge leap, honestly Thesims2 is still the better game in general, even with its ugly graphics and closed map.

EDIT : I am NOT buying this pack by the way as i, too,think it is rubbish.
    jr73Y.gif

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    v12creator wrote: »

Personally i think they are both flawed, Thesims3 has too much content but the sims thenselves are lackluster and the game is a buggy mess, Thesims4 has smarter sims and is more stable but lacks content, both suffer the whole experience due to basegame design decisions (Bad sims/Bad world design) and with constant cash grabs on part of the DLC cycle. Thesims3 with the store and Thesims4 with the stuff packs.

But i personally prefer smarter sims and Gamepacks to Thesims3 simpoints and bigger world even if it has more content so i must disagree and say thesims4 is better but not by a huge leap, honestly Thesims2 is still the better game in general, even with its ugly graphics and closed map.

Agreed So much. If there is one thing that bothers me with sims 4 is the lack of Expansion Packs. For me if we had our 7th Expansion Pack Coming right now(if we had two EP Teams) then the game may already had tons of content. Complaints about the lack of content might have been ended, and the game is shaping on the fullest it can be. But instead they chose for some reason to create a SP Team rather than an EP Team.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

Agreed So much. If there is one thing that bothers me with sims 4 is the lack of Expansion Packs. For me if we had our 7th Expansion Pack Coming right now(if we had two EP Teams) then the game may already had tons of content. Complaints about the lack of content might have been ended, and the game is shaping on the fullest it can be. But instead they chose for some reason to create a SP Team rather than an EP Team.

I think it's because they've changed how they're handling the game overall. I personally think their intention is to make the TS4 run almost twice as long as previous base games and I get the impression that was the plan while they were building the new engine. But they need content to be released regularly and it's a lot easier to get people to buy $10 packs than $40 packs. People may spend $10 on a whim but they aren't going to do that with $40 normally.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited March 2018
    As much as I love LGR, I don’t think he needs his own thread every time he makes a sim review. Obviously I’m not saying you can’t make one, but I feel like it brings up disagreements we’ve already had in the forums. :/

A big long LGR thread would probably be best.
    Post edited by TheHarbinger_51 on
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited March 2018
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    happygurl wrote: »
    I guess I just don't get why his reviews are so waited for and are taken as gospel for so many simmers and other gamers. I tend to make up my own mind about things (not saying others don't, I just don't wait anxiously to see what LGR or any other reviewer is going to say about a particular game or pack).

I definitely wouldn't say they're "taken as gospel"... That's a little extreme honestly. He tells it like it is, plain and simple. He's also entertaining in his reviews, in my opinion. And theyre short and sweet. (I thought I'd watch a review yesterday, and it was 42 minutes long!?!? Who has time for that?)
    But you could say that about anything. I wait for new teen mom episodes every Monday, but do i take them as gospel? Uh, no.

Sure. What I find a lot ironic, is that his fandom do NOT like for anyone to have a extremely honest, negative opinions of him. Say anything that isnt praise of his opinion, or his brand and its pitchforks. But I thought ya liked honesty , lol. I clearly ruffled the feathers of one of his fervent fans when I said that he is a little bogus and he [the fervent fan] came back at me going through my post history, telling me what opinions I am allowed to have and all.

Edit:Also telling me that buying a gaming laptop is ridiculous for sims and just being rude.

Post edited by TheHarbinger_51 on
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018

In what way are sims in 4 smarter? And what exactly is smart in a game anyway? My sims in 3 take care of themselves and when I don’t instruct them they do varied things. Most of the time I tell them what to do though, because it’s a game and I want to play it, not watch it. How much smarter do you want them to be? Sims 4 doesn’t have any bugs, I’ll give you that. Nobody complaining about that. Nor does the game need mods. </s>

As for Sims 2 graphics, maaaah..., I don’t know.

MTS_bubbajoe62-956542-rocksingame.jpg

MTS_artrui-1590636-Artrui_RockGoThrough_buildrockcircle.jpg

5JZ57S6.png
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited March 2018
    I wonder if the reason they're not putting out anywhere near the same amount of content has to do with what the game can handle. Sims 3 had a ton of content; EPs coming out 2-3 times a year, the store, SPs, etc. But the more content you had, the more likely it was that you'd encounter bugs. Even Origin warns against playing with all the EPs (I have no issue, but I also have a decent machine).

Anyway, perhaps they're counting on the game having a certain amount of time before the next game in the series comes out, and they don't want to overload the game.

Sims 4 definitely has its share of bugs which have gotten far worse since the game was released, even with regular patches. My guess is it would be far worse if we were getting the 2-3 EPs a year + a SP or 2 a month (Sims 3 Store content).
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    All these bugs may be turning up due to how many packs are programmed into it. All Sims versions are large programs centered around the base game. They probably have to comb through all the code to find the culprits. However in Sims 4 case being it is not using any of the complex features that was in Sims 3 and even Sims 2 it should have been easier but guess it is not because eventually as the packs are added on specs will start to matter.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2018
    Last time there was a sale at christmas, and then the prices rose after it for everybody who wasn't American.

Who's betting on a price-rise next quarter?!

*gives a casual, non-specific sneer at the people who think it'll never happen to them so that she never has to be rude to anybody in particular because face it, that's what EA does*

Then again, the skeleton wasn't called Indiana Bones so... whatever.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top