Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Silly question about build mode music

And also CAS mode. Can we change the music ? I find some music quite irritating . I know in the radio you can disable some songs but can we do it in build and cas mode ??

Thanks !

Comments

• RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I don't know, but personally, I always turn off the sound and listen to something from my phone instead. I also find them irritating after a while and building while listening to a good podcast or audiobook is quite nice.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I don't think we can add custom music to build/buy or CAS. I've never managed to do it. I usually mute music in game and just play something on my mediaplayer. Besides, if I remember correctly muting music won't actually mute the music from stereos in game because those are considered sound effects.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I always mute the sound when in build/buy mode, except when it's the Vampire GP sound track. I love that sound track! It's just so ethereal and beautiful to me. It would be wonderful if we could choose which sound track from packs we have installed to play exclusively in our game. :)
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    edited March 2018
    Same, I play muted and blast Disturbed on iTunes. Nothing quite as soothing as screaming Down With the Sickness while placing walls. oooooh AH AH AH AH!
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I always keep mine muted because I'm tired of having to restart my game whenever the music decided it wants to keep going in live mode. I know you can disable songs that are played on the radio but I don't think you can do that for the music in build/buy mode.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    I haven’t heard Sims 4 music before. I’m so used to muting it.
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Interesting! I didn't realize that muting one's game was a thing beyond me and my weirdnesses. :D
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    edited March 2018
    In game options under the audio tab, turn music all the way down. There's a separate "object music" slider, so that wouldn't doesn't affect stuff like radios. I can't think of anything else it would affect that you'd want to keep.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Oh well I guess I will just get to live mode and back to build hoping a better song is played :)
  • MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Oh well I guess I will just get to live mode and back to build hoping a better song is played :)

Did turning the volume to 0 on the music slider not do what you wanted?
  • 2tcn2tcn Posts: 58 Member
    No, we cannot pick which songs play in-game or replace the music files. I've been wanting to change the build/buy music ever since Sims 3, when the music took a more generic turn.

Stereo music is still great though.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Maggiedoll wrote: »

Did turning the volume to 0 on the music slider not do what you wanted?

I do still want music in build mode just want to be able to skip certain music
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    I'm with the muters. If I don't wanna hear it, I'll mute it and listen to something on my phone/computer/tv/whatever. Usually it doesn't bother me - I'm not a builder so I'm not spending a ton of time in build/buy mode. But if I'm ever giving a house an internal makeover/redecorating it to my liking and I'm gonna be in there for awhile I might turn it down and listen to something else if I'm not into it.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    And also CAS mode. Can we change the music ? I find some music quite irritating . I know in the radio you can disable some songs but can we do it in build and cas mode ??

Thanks !

I find sometimes I just have to turn the sound down on my external speakers. Other times, the music doesn't distress me.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • alliehuealliehue Posts: 16 Member
    I don't like to beat a dead horse, but I am also one that likes the music that come with the games except for one Guitar, looped single note, not even a variation on a theme....just plain annoying. I hate it. Can't stand it. Is there no way to delete it from the program? It's as if the person who created it put it on loop to take a break, forgot about it, then during his/her coffee break, "that guitar solo on a tone is still going"! lol. It's horrible! I like a lot of genre's of music, but that one...it's bad. It's 2019 so surely there is a way to go into regedit and snip snip?
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since last year, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top