Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pet Misbehaviors?

Does anyone know where there's a list of all the pet misbehaviors that either cats or dogs might do? (If there is one...)

I'm stuck on the "Successfully Train Out of 4 Misbehaviors" Aspiration Milestone because my dog doesn't DO anything! I don't know if he's too smart or too loyal or if this is a bug or just a flaw in game design, but...

When I first got him, I did need to train him to go to the bathroom outside and to not wake my sim up, but now that he's learned those two things (fulfilling the first "Train out of 2 Misbehaviors" milestone), he's like the perfect Stepford dog doing nothing all day but waiting for my attention.

I know I can cheat to get past this, but I'd rather not if I can help it. There's got to be some other misbehaviors I can entice him to do so I can train him out of them. I just need to know what they are.

So, does anyone know what all the misbehaviors are for dogs and how to get the pets to misbehave? (I'd like to know cat misbehaviors, too, because my crazy cat lady is having the same trouble!)

Thanks all!

Comments

• LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I don't play with the dogs much, but I believe that the dog's constant barking would be deemed a misbehaviour as would be attacking another pet or a Sim., I dunno if the dogs scratch furniture or if that's just a cat's misbehaviour.
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    So far with mine and the ones I have played with I've come across these;

Cats: knocking out trash, jumping on counters, scratching furniture
    Dogs: knocking over trash, peeing inside, waking up, barking, drinking from puddles, begging for food, drinking out the toilet

There are probably more but these are just the ones I've come across in my game ^^ hope this helps
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    Drag a plate of sim food on the floor, 'eating human food' is one that you can easily teach them not to do. Same if any item breaks and you repair it, leave the trash on the floor, that's two: 'playing in trash' and 'eating trash'. Leave some puddles unmopped, the dog might play in puddle and drink from puddle.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    There is also "beggeing for food" indoor potty for cats. My cat has 3 litter boxes in the house sometimes she uses them but she has the spoiled trait so she does what she wants it seems. Cats and dogs start fights you can scold them for that too.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    also, if your cat has the 'clever' trait or dog has the 'smart' trait, they won't do most of the misbehaviors, so that could slow things down. on the flip side, picking up/creating one with their specific 'mischief' trait should make it super easy (except those take forever to learn not to do the things. if they learn at all)
  • cbartsch69cbartsch69 Posts: 169 Member
    Thanks everyone! I'm hoping my well-behaved dog will start misbehaving soon. Otherwise, I might be "forced" to add a brand new puppy or kitten to the family!
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    cbartsch69 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! I'm hoping my well-behaved dog will start misbehaving soon. Otherwise, I might be "forced" to add a brand new puppy or kitten to the family!

that would be such a shame ;)
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman