Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    @rosemow @AlyRay96 @AureliaRiddle tthankyou so much for the lovely coments! :smile: everyone else rooms arre looking amazing too!

Theme for the week: A Converted Garage
    Gallery name of room : A Man's Safehaven
    Origin id : ManicMelodic
    Pictures of the room : imgur.com/a/MH8JJ

I enjoyed takinng part in this, so i've decided also to do an andrew version of a remodeled garage!

Andrew is very into his ggaming and sports, and is your typical bro, so the garage has become his littlee safehaven away from his wife and her friends, here in his garage he and his buddys cann relax with a refreshing drink and challenge each otherr to various games, or watchh the latest match on his tv.

Hello @xManicMelodicx
    I am so sorry :( but you are only able to enter one room into the challenge each week. It is in the general description of the challenges thread on the first page. You are very welcome to create extra rooms for the challenge each week and use the challenge hashtag, but can only showcase one in this thread. I won’t post the pictures of your latest room because of you already posting the other room earlier.
    I am sorry :(
    The design and furnishing of the Dance & Yoga Studio looks great! @nineteen80sims :) It is very nice that you have designed the room with a dancing and yoga theme. The brick/plaster walls and the original garage counters and shelving are great to reflect that it was a garage! Amy is very pretty! She looks like she is enjoying being in her new studio! Very nice yoga area for her to restfully do yoga on the mats. It is nice that the calming bamboo plants have been used to divide off the yoga and dance areas. She will enjoy dancing to the music on the wooden dance floor. The wall of mirrors and the dance bar looks great! The butterflies pictures look pretty on the wall.
    It is a very nice dance and yoga room for Amy to enjoy doing relaxing activities in! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Theme; A Converted Garage
    ID: Tresa of Pern
    Gallery Name: Amy's Antiques Room
    Gallery link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0E3B4132289B11E881FC650268EC9136?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Amy's Antiques Room&max=50&maxis=false
    Amy is a grandmother who finally has time to catalogue and display all those antiques she's been collecting for decades.
    (Note: This garage is inspired by something I wished I'd had the skill and resources to do for my grandmother, so it looks a little like hers, just way less cluttered.)

nvj0iFT.png?1
    image.png
    The design of Amy’s Anique Room is very nice! @TresaofPern :) It is great that Amy now has her own special place to store and display her antique treasures that she has collected over the time! The display plates look very nice on the wall and it is nice that there is a corner shelviing item to put more of her treasures on. She will enjoy sitting on the red armchairs there reading the books that are on the coffee table and having a cup of tea from the teapot. She will enjoy sitting at the desk doing some writing of letters. The floral ladder looks pretty and the antique grandfather clock looks great in the room. The crates in the middle of the room reflect s garage well! The collectibles look very on display on the shelving items. The decorative plates on the stands look great in the room. The patterned floor rugs add a nice look to the room. The garage door is great in the room!
    It is a very special antique room for Amy! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • nineteen80simsnineteen80sims Posts: 28 Member
    Thanks for the lovely comments @rosemow :)

I'm so pleased you noticed the dance bar, that part took a while to get right!
    Thanks for the lovely comments @rosemow :)

I'm so pleased you noticed the dance bar, that part took a while to get right!

You’re welcome @nineteen80sims :) The dance bar looks great!
  • detonitusdetonitus Posts: 65 Member
    Wow amazing garages everyone! Especially @AureliaRiddle loving the feel of it with the lights you used, really great!

Didn't think I was going to submit anything, but you guys got me inspired :) Now I still need to find the time with this exam of mine that's coming up, together with my normal work schedule haven't really been able to play sadly - maybe tomorrow though!
    detonitus wrote: »
    Wow amazing garages everyone! Especially @AureliaRiddle loving the feel of it with the lights you used, really great!

Didn't think I was going to submit anything, but you guys got me inspired :) Now I still need to find the time with this exam of mine that's coming up, together with my normal work schedule haven't really been able to play sadly - maybe tomorrow though!

Hello @detonitus :) I hope that your exam goes well.
    I will look forward to seeing your room if you have the time to do it :)
  • ChaosSimmer86ChaosSimmer86 Posts: 65 Member
    edited March 2018
    Wow, I'm loving everyone's builds so far! It's always amazing to me how many different ideas and executions people come up with! Here's mine:

Theme for the week: A converted garage
    Gallery name of room : Garage Studio
    Origin id : ChaosSimmer86
    Link to slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/ujaqW
    About the room: Amy and Andrew are a young, creative couple. Andrew is an ambitious artist and painter, while is wife Amy is very musical and plays the guitar in a band. Since they don't drive, they have decided to turn their garage into a music studio for Amy and her band to practice in. Andrew also wanted a piece of himself to be in the room, so he painted a beautiful mural for his wife. The garage is not only a studio, but also the couple's favorite hangout place, because they love to have karaoke nights with the whole band!
    Pictures of the room :
    S21DCDb.jpg
    EbW3CCB.jpg
    ykGZNUX.jpg
    R8Wx4lA.jpg
    YDgbtmp.jpg

• domes05domes05 Posts: 12 New Member
    Oh, I looked at it and I didn't upload to the gallery just saved :D , but now it had been done but here' some pictures
    h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/DjWMmUY
    h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/co2RhcO
    h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/jg8BmuB
    edited March 2018
    Garage Studio is a very nice music studio for her and her band! @ChaosSimmer86 :) Very nice furnishing of the room! The grey colour and the type of wall and floor textures used reflects the garage theme very well. The musical and other posters, picures, and musical note banner on the walls gives a great look to the room! It is great that there are wall speakers to amplify the music as it is being played. Sims will enjoy playing the keyboard and guitar, as well as singing using the microphone in the room. The three colours of the armchairs looks very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting there chatting about upcoming band performances. It is great that there is a Dj booth in the room for sims to playing music using it. It is very special that Amy and Andrew enjoy singing and karaokeing together . The noriceboard is great to post notices of details of upcoming band gigs. The wooden flooring in the middle of the room looks great! It is a very mural painting that Andrew has painted on the garage door. They will enjoy watching tv in the room also. The type and placement of the lights looks very nice.
    The design of the room looks great! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
    The furnishing of Converted Garage looks very nice! @domes05 :) The corner art nook is great ! Amy will enjoy spending time there painting on the easel, and the newspapers look great on the floor. It is a nice touch that half of the walls have been painted pretty pink/lavendar whilst the other half retains the grey colour of when it was a garage. Amy will enjoy sitting at the pretty pink desk table using the computer or enjoying reading from the bookcase. The pink presents and the red rose are nice touches in and on top of the bookshelves. The patterned floor rug adds a nice look to the room, and the fashion and model wall pictures look great in the room!
    The pink and grey colour scheme of the room is very nice! Thank you very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :) I hope that you will also enjoy entering future room challenges also!
  • xManicMelodicxxManicMelodicx Posts: 165 Member
    @rosemow no probllem :smile: I hadd a feeliing i wouldnt have been able to submit more than one, but i still wanted to share it, and wasn't sure if I shouldve posted it here or nott. I'll rememberr now for future!

Sorryy about that confusionn, sometimes i forgett i have to use this newer acount (since the username cant be changedd). :s so if a mod can delete those that'dd be great, and sorry for the spam :'(
    9517953f7d116bed59d3d8860ae452cd27577c24_hq.gif
    Origin ID: ManicMelodic
    edited March 2018
    @rosemow no probllem :smile: I hadd a feeliing i wouldnt have been able to submit more than one, but i still wanted to share it, and wasn't sure if I shouldve posted it here or nott. I'll rememberr now for future!

Sorryy about that confusionn, sometimes i forgett i have to use this newer acount (since the username cant be changedd). :s so if a mod can delete those that'dd be great, and sorry for the spam :'(

Happy simming :)
  • ChaosSimmer86ChaosSimmer86 Posts: 65 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Garage Studio is a very nice music studio for her and her band! @ChaosSimmer86 :) Very nice furnishing of the room! The grey colour and the type of wall and floor textures used reflects the garage theme very well. The musical and other posters, picures, and musical note banner on the walls gives a great look to the room! It is great that there are wall speakers to amplify the music as it is being played. Sims will enjoy playing the keyboard and guitar, as well as singing using the microphone in the room. The three colours of the armchairs looks very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting there chatting about upcoming band performances. It is great that there is a Dj booth in the room for sims to playing music using it. It is very special that Amy and Andrew enjoy singing and karaokeing together . The noriceboard is great to post notices of details of upcoming band gigs. The wooden flooring in the middle of the room looks great! It is a very mural painting that Andrew has painted on the garage door. They will enjoy watching tv in the room also. The type and placement of the lights looks very nice.
    The design of the room looks great! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)

Thank you so much for your sweet review @rosemow I really appreciate your feedback and I love how you always notice every detail! Thanks again!

rosemow wrote: »

Thank you so much for your sweet review @rosemow I really appreciate your feedback and I love how you always notice every detail! Thanks again!

You’re welcome @ChaosSimmer86 :)
  • domes05domes05 Posts: 12 New Member
    thank you! I definitely will participate in the next week's challenge
  • Love4FluffyLove4Fluffy Posts: 25 Member
    [b]Theme for the week:[/b] A converted garage
    [b]Gallery name of room:[/b] Andrew's Nautical Study
    [b]Origin ID:[/b] Love4Fluffy
    [b]Pictures of the room:[/b]
    (It seems my account needs to have more posts before I can post images and links, but here's a cheating version to the collection of images I took, just take out the parenthesis and spaces)
    sta (.) sh / 21fo0c1nlv1r

[b]Description of Room:[/b] This old, one-car garage has been converted into a relaxing, nautical themed study for Andrew. They left the cement floor and walls, but painted one wall to give the room color, added in a rug for a more comfortable surface, and put in a large wall mirror to open up the space a bit more. The only electronics Andrew has implemented in his study are the lights and a stereo to play ocean white-noise which helps him relax and focus on his architectural work. His large 50 gallon fish-tank has been relegated to the study more because Amy dislikes the fishy smell of it than because it fit the theme, but Andrew likes having his fish there anyways. He doesn't mind the smell and calls them "good company when I don't actually want company."

I may have gone overboard in the furnishing of the room, but I was having a lot of fun seeing just how much nautically-ness I could fit in without feeling I had crowded the small room. I'm really happy with how it turned out, though I hope moveobjects and object scaling is alright to use. I only just found out about this challenge today, so I wasn't 100% sure. ♥
    Gallery name of room: Andrew's Nautical Study
    Origin ID: Love4Fluffy
    Pictures of the room:
    (It seems my account needs to have more posts before I can post images and links, but here's a cheating version to the collection of images I took, just take out the parenthesis and spaces)

Description of Room: This old, one-car garage has been converted into a relaxing, nautical themed study for Andrew. They left the cement floor and walls, but painted one wall to give the room color, added in a rug for a more comfortable surface, and put in a large wall mirror to open up the space a bit more. The only electronics Andrew has implemented in his study are the lights and a stereo to play ocean white-noise which helps him relax and focus on his architectural work. His large 50 gallon fish-tank has been relegated to the study more because Amy dislikes the fishy smell of it than because it fit the theme, but Andrew likes having his fish there anyways. He doesn't mind the smell and calls them "good company when I don't actually want company."

I may have gone overboard in the furnishing of the room, but I was having a lot of fun seeing just how much nautically-ness I could fit in without feeling I had crowded the small room. I'm really happy with how it turned out, though I hope moveobjects and object scaling is alright to use. I only just found out about this challenge today, so I wasn't 100% sure. ♥

edited March 2018
    Hello @Love4Fluffy :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much! :)
    What is the website that your pictures are on? I am having a little difficulty posting them as I’m not sure what site they are on.
    Would it be possible for you to post them on imgur instead?,
    https://imgur.com/upload
  • Love4FluffyLove4Fluffy Posts: 25 Member
    @rosemow I they are hosted on my private section of deviantart which is called sta.sh if you can find sta.sh, adding /21fo0c1nlv1r to the end of it should show the collection of images I put together. n_n

I'll try to post around in the off topic chat some this week so that I can post the images properly next time. ♥
    Gallery name of room: Andrew's Nautical Study
    Origin ID: Love4Fluffy
    Pictures of the room:
    sta (.) sh / 21fo0c1nlv1r

03_17_18_1_49_01am_by_love4fluffy-dc646b3.png
    03_17_18_1_49_09am_by_love4fluffy-dc646az.png
    03_17_18_1_49_13am_by_love4fluffy-dc646aw.png
    03_17_18_1_49_16am_by_love4fluffy-dc646aq.png
    03_17_18_1_49_31am_by_love4fluffy-dc646aj.png

Description of Room: This old, one-car garage has been converted into a relaxing, nautical themed study for Andrew. They left the cement floor and walls, but painted one wall to give the room color, added in a rug for a more comfortable surface, and put in a large wall mirror to open up the space a bit more. The only electronics Andrew has implemented in his study are the lights and a stereo to play ocean white-noise which helps him relax and focus on his architectural work. His large 50 gallon fish-tank has been relegated to the study more because Amy dislikes the fishy smell of it than because it fit the theme, but Andrew likes having his fish there anyways. He doesn't mind the smell and calls them "good company when I don't actually want company."

The nautical themed furnishing of Andrew’s Nautical Study looks very great! @Love4Fluffy :) It is great that the cement walls and floor remain to reflect that it was a garage room. The garage door is great in the room! The blue waves /shells patterned curtains are a nice touch on the garage door. It is nice that Andrw’s fish tank is in the room, even though Amy doesn’t quite like the fishy smell of it! Very nice study area! The ships on the desk and the type of wall picture placed there suits well the nautical theme. Andrew would enjoy sitting at his desk doing his achitectture work. The blueprint is a great touch there. The plants either sides of the desk and on the corner counter are nice touches of green and nature in the room. The ships wheel looks very nice placed above the door, and the nautical themed display shelves item looks very nice in the corner nook. The candle is a calming touch on top of it. Very nice armchairs sitting area for him to enjoy relaxing there reading a nautical themed book from the bookcase and listening to oceanic radio music . The ship is a nice touch on top of the bookcase. The type of hanging ceiling lights used gives a very nice look to the room. The floor rug looks great on the cement floor, and the wall pictures where the armchair is adds a nice touch to the reading area. It is nice that there is a wall of mirror.
    Andrew will enjoy spending time in his nautical themed study! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :) I hope that you will enjoy entering next week’s challenge also.
    You are very welcome to use the MOO cheat and object rescaling in the rooms :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top