Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What to do with the Rasoya's?

In my newest save I'm giving makeovers to all the pre-existing families, playing each one for a bit to establish the household and renovating all the houses. I've been jumping around between towns and decided to do the Rasoya family. There's just one problem...I have absolutely no idea what to do for this family. The only times I've ever encountered Raj or Geeta was when the family I was playing moved into the same apartment building or just in passing on the street or at a venue.

I've read their family description and I know Geeta wants grandkids and Raj is a top chef or whatever but other than that I got nothing! I don't know whether to get Raj together with someone and have kids or just have him adopt or what. And then there's Geeta. What the heck do I do with her?! I'm just completely blanking on ideas for this household. What have you guys done with the Rasoya's in your game? Got any ideas for me? Feel free to add pictures of makeovers or gameplay! All replies are appreciated!

Thanks! :3
tumblr_opy59iHeFc1vnq1cro1_400.gif
I do not own the above gif.

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I have Geeta a member of Partihaus and she gets it on with the young men!

Raj isn't impressed.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    In my game Raj was secretly gay. Geeta didn't know about that and wished(more like pushed Raj) to have grandkids.
    Diego Lobo who is famous art critic met Raj at the market place and fell in love with his "bear"charm. So Raj moved in with Diego and they are now very happy together.
    So Raj was a big disappointment to poor Geeta, who was already close to her death.. I didn't wanna be too cruel to her so she drank the Potion of Youth and with a little help of cas.fulleditmode she was Adult again :astonished:magic
    So she had a new biological children of her own with a random food stall guy.(Geeta is a really old fashioned Sim in my game so she didn't wanna adopt).

That's what I did for them. Oh boy I should start making Youtube videos :lol:
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    In my main save two twin boys moved in the apartment next door. One of them is having an affair with Geeta. She's a beautiful lady!
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    kill them off
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    xosummerloverxoxosummerloverxo Posts: 245 Member
    kill them off

Nah, not really my style :)

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Delete. Delete. Delete.

That's what household management is for.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Delete. Delete. Delete.

That's what household management is for.

I did think about that but I kinda feel like it would be "cheating" in a way? Like, I'm trying to do an entire save that's all renovations and makeovers of the EA created lots/families so it really feels like mine. Even the ones I don't particularly care for. Like the Munch family. Mila's okay and so is her youngest but I can't stand her other two kids. I'm still gonna keep them and play their house a little bit because I would feel weird skipping them or deleting them. Idk I'm weird when it comes to deleting Sims that I don't think need to be deleted, like, they're boring but harmless. Anyway, rant over lol :D

• Options
    HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    edited March 2018
    In one save I deleted them. In another save, I kept them but ignored them and never played them. In my current save I made Geeta retire and Raj is dating a widow living in a mansion with like 4 kids. I also made him sterile. I think one day I’ll make Raj marry this lady and he and his mom can move into the mansion.
  • Options
    simmerlyrosesimmerlyrose Posts: 196 Member
    I like the adopting idea. Then you don't have to worry about finding a wife for him and Geeta can help him raise the kid!

(I like the delete idea too though because they drive me CRAZY and are AWFUL NEIGHBORS)
    heart_tilt_bullet_by_kicked_in_teeth-dbwilsm.gif
  • Options
    CazualKarmaCazualKarma Posts: 85 Member
    Love this thread. I don't really like the Rayosa's but don't want to delete them either.

I think I will get Geeta toyboy, and the ex-wife of her toyboy pops up and starts something with Raj. :# Little weird but funny, partnerswap with your mother :p

Maybe swapping with the Pancakes? :D
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2018
    In my first premade save I had Raj adopt 3 toddlers (a few days apart) - He wants a big family, but he's Unflirty so it made sense. When I rotated to Don Lothario in the same building (kicked out of Calientes after inpregnating them all) the Welcome Wagon showed up, so he cooked them a meal. I noticed he had Pufferfish Nigiri unlocked so made that. Geeta (along with Don's friend Arun Bheeda) perished from his non-existent cooking skill.

In my current save Geeta is still alive. Raj is good friends with Zoe Patel (who is a school teacher) and I'm hoping they hook up together. I'm going to have him open an Indian/Pan-Asian restaurant when he finished with the Chef career (I have a mod that lets family members work in their own restaurants).
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I would have Raj (big family) adopt 4 babies and 2 toddlers. Then I would have Geeta (successful lineage) raise them. >:) She would have to save some potions of youth to be able to raise all of kids until they're YAs.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I usually just ignore them, then after Geeta dies MC Command Center marries off Raj to a male Sim so I guess the mod knows him quite well. :p Someday I'm going to delete all the premades in a save except for my starting household, then I'll populate the town with my own Sims and ones from the Gallery, then keep any game-generated Sims that I like (probably mostly singles who can fill in the various NPC jobs like food stall vendor or mixologist -- basically I'll assign jobs to everyone else).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Let Raj die (let him eat some bad sushi or something) and let Geeta adopt + raise a new kid.
    Or let Raj get a baby, let him die and leave it up to Geeta to raise the little one.
    Geeta can go on a romantic quest to find her true love.
  • Options
    I usually just ignore them, then after Geeta dies MC Command Center marries off Raj to a male Sim so I guess the mod knows him quite well. :p

I have something like that happen with my MC Command Center except it always has Mila Munch marry Marcus Flex! It happens in every single one of my saves. Every. Single. One. :D

• Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    He's gay in my save. Lives with his boyfriend Hugo Villareal.
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited March 2018
    I love your idea of playing through the premades! :smile: I always give every household (and their homes) a makeover when I start a new save, but I’ve never played with them until they become relevant to my own sims’ lives and move in with them. I haven’t played the Rasoyas, but I really don’t like Raj. He’s been very rude to my sims in the past for no reason whatsoever, so he’s now on the list of sims I dislike. :lol: However, Geeta seems sweet enough. She keeps to herself, always has a smile on her face, and never starts trouble in my game.

Since it will probably prove extremely difficult, if not impossible, to marry Raj off, he could adopt. Although, for some reason, I’d suspect he’d rather work and dig through garbage than raise a child. He doesn’t strike me as a very mature or grounded individual. Therefore, Geeta will probably end up with more than she bargained for; another child to raise.

Now the storyteller side of me is thinking this:

What if Geeta found a mysterious recipe in one of Raj’s cookbooks? A recipe that rewinds aging (aka: potion of youth)? Once she acquires the materials to “cook it” (aka: satisfaction points), she will turn back the clock. This change will open her eyes and push her to finally tell her son to get his life together. If he doesn’t want to settle down or start a family, that’s just fine. He can move into his own apartment and lead out his life as he sees fit, but Geeta’s going to put herself first for once. Geeta’s always devoted her life to Raj, but she now has a chance to do things differently. With her newfound youth, she can remarry, have more children, become a vampire, join a new career, whatever you want! Once Raj moves out, you could have him open up a restaurant or bakery. He could meet his soulmate one day while tending to customers in his new business, whether it be another premade or game-generated townie. This, along with his independence, will inspire him to settle down and start a family. This would greatly please Geeta and lead to Raj completing his aspiration.

Wow, my creativity got the best of me and resulted in a lengthy post! :lol: Anyway, I hope this comment sparks some ideas for you! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    edited March 2018
    I first came across Geeta when she was a random hookup for one of my sportstar sims with the player trait. They met at the lounge, went back to his place and well... he ended up woohooing her to death. Oops :D (the first time that ever happened for me). Well at least for once he didn't get yet another child out of it. Raj didn't do much and just carried on with life. Grew old and lonely, forgotten about and never realising his dream of becoming a top chef. :'(

In another save, she's friends (or so she thinks she is) with a very high-class old lady who comes from old-money (Evangeline). They met at work, as food critics. She desperately wants to get into her inner circle and has her eyes on this lady's very successful, single daughter for her son Raj. Evangeline sees through it all though and keeps her at arm's length, occasionally humouring her requests to meet up, as unpleasant as she finds these meetings, because good-breeding dictates that she does. Raj is mortified by his mother's meddling ways and carries on cooking, reading about cooking, watching cooking, every chance he gets. He'll eventually meet someone when he's old, long after Geeta dies of old age (or pufferfish :p ) He'll have a single child who'll be the success that Geeta dreamed of but never got to see.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I really like her and usually make her into an adult, so she can have more kids. Once I made him into a child but I didn't play them that time. I don't like the unflirty trait because it makes it hard to get a mate. I have heard it is possible, just very slow. I need to play them.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I am treating the unflirty trait as ACE so all the Sims that have that either are alone or marry other with the unflirty trait. But this of course is not a rule I am very strict on. For instance I have the Fengs as a role model. Raj is going to be alone (until or if he decides otherwise) and adopt a handful of kids. Or maybe he will be kidnapped by aliens. Gheeda will wise up and accept the little munchkins or loose the only family she has.

Darling on the other hand, the teen that came with that trait, the basketball enthusiast, might grow out of it (as in, that she or he isn't ACE but has really NO interest in any relationships or being hugged by anyone AT ALL! at this point in her or his life) and have it replaced with something else. I haven't decided yet.
  • Options
    JasonPogoJasonPogo Posts: 504 Member
    In my current game the only thing they have been involved with is Greeta killed Jacques Villareal with WooHoo...
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've played with the Rasoyas in my rotation and I'm into later generations with them, so I can answer this.

I got rid of Raj's unflirty trait and replaced it with lazy. I decided to keep a negative trait but I decided that he was ready to cave to his mother's pressure and settle down. He "dated" traditionally, meaning that he had short interview-like dates with a few women. These dates were always public or chaperoned by his mother (meaning that she decided if she approved of the potential spouse) with no PDA. The goal was to learn all of the female sim's traits and to decide if he wanted to marry her. It was an interesting experiment in having a sim date in a different style.

He only had to do that a few times because he found a woman that he wanted to be with. She was family-oriented, funny and clumsy. She happened to have maxed handiness skills which I did not know. Anyway, they went to the Romance Festival where they got engaged and married in the heat of the moment. They had five kids, 4 boys and a girl. I'm now playing with the kids who are growing up.

Geeta lived with them but died not too long into the marriage. She mostly stayed out of their way at home. I think she died right around when their first child was born. They moved into her old room because they filled the apartment with kids. Raj loved to cook so he would cook gourmet meals to pamper his wife who stayed at home. I play with a lot of different households with different gender role set ups. That was a more traditional one but they were very happy and in love. That's not how all of my game is, I just go with the flow.

Raj's oldest son is a tech geek who is focused on making as much money as possible. He chose not to stay in the apartment but to let his mother remain there when he grew up and Raj died. The oldest son also married quite traditionally to someone with familial approval. It was a big deal that he went on "dates" with his fiancee's family before the wedding to be sure that they got along.

Raj's daughter is kind of a princess and adored her father. She still grieves for him because he died when she was a teen. She was a bossy child but in kind of a regal way. As an adult, she is in politics. She is currently in the apartment across the hall where she married a handsome neighbor. They will need to move soon but they will definitely stay in San Myshuno and probably in the Spice Market. She's going to work in city politics.

Raj's wife is still alive and has three more sons who are younger. Money is fine because Raj saved a lot as a master chef and prolific cookbook author with many royalties. He wrote books with titles such as "India at Your Table" and "Secrets of the Palace Kitchens." One of his sons is probably going to end up being gay, I'm not sure how his mother will react to that. It's a plot yet to be developed. The other two boys are younger but one of them will stay in the apartment. They have tended to max out space in the nicer apartments in that building, so they try to keep holding onto those leases and saving more money. They are pretty well off at this point.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Just an update, I gave the Rasoya's a makeover but still haven't decided on a story path for them. Anyone else have any suggestions or stories from their own games?

• Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    In my game, I saw hearts appearing out of their door, indicating someone was woohooing. I'm like wait. Doesn't a mom and son family live there? So I go over to their apartment and no one else is inside.

Those two are always woohooing each other.
    LR3g0ni.jpg