Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cash Register System just like OFB

PeanutButterSims2002PeanutButterSims2002 Posts: 104 Member
edited March 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Can we have cash register system just like OFB had? We could have an option to use either cash register or the tablet and also I really don't like how costumers use "wave like a jedi thing" and the item disappear (haven't heard of shopping bags?) And speaking of shopping bags we could have different one like plastic or paper. Please please devs I really like OFB and it would be lovely to make an update in GTW.

Comments

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Agreed. I would love it for more variety. Especially when shopping from NPC Store. Buying objects and taking it to the Cashier is better than the object being magically put on sims inventory.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited March 2018
    Doubt they'll ever implement that. Way too much work with creating new animations and that's where they like to cut corners the most.

I personally never bothered with the retail aspect of GTW because I couldn't stand how unrealistic it was. Didn't like that my employees wouldn't even stand behind the counter... A major immersion breaker for me. The whole thing doesn't feel like retail at all. I've only ever seen tablet sales in restaurants irl and it makes sense to me - clothing stores, etc. ? Nope.
  • NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    I want this too, i miss when sims got in line to pay for the items and because the sim that are in the cash register aren't experienced enough, they get tired of waiting and put the stuff on the floor and leave. :lol: I want to be able to use the cash register properly, not only for manage my business, for that we have an option\button in the UI.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
    agustd wrote: »
    Doubt they'll ever implement that. Way too much work with creating new animations and that's where they like to cut corners the most.

I personally never bothered with the retail aspect of GTW because I couldn't stand how unrealistic it was. Didn't like that my employees wouldn't even stand behind the counter... A major immersion breaker for me. The whole thing doesn't feel like retail at all. I've only ever seen tablet sales in restaurants irl and it makes sense to me - clothing stores, etc. ? Nope.

Yeah, i think we all know that they will never do this. :cry: To much resources need from EA, the greedy company.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Well now with the current feedback from the community, I doubt they will release more DLC based on DLC - and if they can't monetize it, they're not likely to focus their efforts on it. So I don't think it will happen.
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Well now with the current feedback from the community, I doubt they will release more DLC based on DLC - and if they can't monetize it, they're not likely to focus their efforts on it. So I don't think it will happen.

They did it with toddlers, things were ok since then, they screw things up with this new SP. So this is a good oportunity to give something free and make costumers happy
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Wouldn't mind seeing that patched in just to have the register as another choice for sims to check out.

Checking out via tablet I actually see pretty often in stores. Mostly when they're busy and the tablet is used as another way to check customer's out and I see it in cell phone stores as well. I'd like to see sims walking around with bags after they purchase something. I loved OFB, but at the same time I disliked it because it was so difficult running your own at times.
    5vJrxmT.png
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind seeing that patched in just to have the register as another choice for sims to check out.

Checking out via tablet I actually see pretty often in stores. Mostly when they're busy and the tablet is used as another way to check customer's out and I see it in cell phone stores as well. I'd like to see sims walking around with bags after they purchase something. I loved OFB, but at the same time I disliked it because it was so difficult running your own at times.

In a sandbox game like the Sims difficulty is needed because this type of game itself (the concept) aren't challenger. Make it easy, it starts to feel like we are playing Barbie dolls.
  • PeanutButterSims2002PeanutButterSims2002 Posts: 104 Member
    I wanted the cashier system as an option because running an old shop then using a tablet to check out is kind of weird. And hearing the ting! Of the cash register is a music in my ears
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Adding a cashier is not a simple update. It's not a matter of simply switching one object or animation for another. They will have to have sims queue in line, possibly leave the line when it's taking too long, new sound effects, animations for the cash register, both the object itself and the sims using the register, etc. etc. They did toddlers for free because they were added to the base game. I don't see them making a significant update to GTW for free that would only benefit GTW owners. But I hope I'm wrong, because I would absolutely love that addition to retail.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Get to Work biggest mistake was reusing the tablet instead of just adding in a working register. There is nothing modern or fun about using the tablet and I feel the same way with the Grim Reaper the scroll is a classic for a reason.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    edited March 2018

In a sandbox game like the Sims difficulty is needed because this type of game itself (the concept) aren't challenger. Make it easy, it starts to feel like we are playing Barbie dolls.

Never said I didn't enjoy some difficulty. I'm more so just wanting more 'OPTIONS' for a sandbox game.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    If you shop at Apple they whip out a tablet and ring you up on the spot. Can you imagine how long it will take if they made it where customers have to stand in a line to check out? Actually maybe they tried the register and realized it was taking too long so they scratched it in favor of the tablet.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    HueyJefe wrote: »
    If you shop at Apple they whip out a tablet and ring you up on the spot. Can you imagine how long it will take if they made it where customers have to stand in a line to check out? Actually maybe they tried the register and realized it was taking too long so they scratched it in favor of the tablet.
    Good thing I don't shop at Apple.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"

Makes you feel like a lot of things are out of date, which just about mimics how today's technology is. I literally don't have a landline in my house like at all because I have a cell phone and I find it cheaper to have. So, didn't find it odd that sims just have cellphones and no sort of landline phones at all. Newspapers are available at convenience stores and such, but I rarely see anyone get it delivered petty sure there might be some people but not so much with how tech is today. :*

Registers definitely aren't out of style yet, but most of them are just touch screens. Though Sim's AI is always pretty wonky I feel like the ones standing in line would wander off to look at something or dance to some music across the room. XD
    5vJrxmT.png
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    @LadyKyn , you've probably inadvertently stumbled across the reason that there are no registers in the game. The same way that, after four years, the team still can't get Sims to sit down, they probably couldn't get them to stay still long enough to queue up either. Instead of working on the problem until it was well and truly solved, scratch the register.

Mystery solved. ::sigh::
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited March 2018

Pretty reasonable, until you know it's not consistent. Stairs are a thing, takes too long to have your sims to get from point A to B: where are my elevators? Why isn't an online-shop a thing? It's such a hassle to go from lot to lot through a loading, having to restock everything manually, having to walk around rooms to talk to employees. You can't even have lonely introverted sims (which isn't a case in TS4, THANK U EMOTIONS 4 OVERRIDING TRAITS) reserve a table on their tablet without having your sim suffer the social host approaching. Why is a restaurant a complete different experience from a retail store, when it comes to the timeline theme?

I'm pretty sure that developers didn't have budget, as they always complained/whined as a response to their excuses for the cut/lost/lack of animations, to implant customers holding a bad and sims awkwardly pressing the buttons on the keyboard.

Don't get your fingers cross, as the sims team rarely If not even return to past expansion pack features to add such tweaks to that of a level.
    NNpYlHF.jpg