Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we get a game update please?

Maybe I’m over reacting , but can we please get an update for consoles? PC/MAC has had 4 since December, and we have had 2... I’m still having issues with kids going to school if there is more than a couple the whole lot freezes, the controls are still buggy and getting stuck. The rendering of objects in the game just started happening to me where some objects don’t fully render and it’s just an ugly blob. I mean I’m not asking for a lot but console players are important too. We have a good 6,000+ members in our sims 4 club community on Xbox and I’m sure there is more out there. I feel like when it comes to patches we just aren’t gonna get a lot, i don’t want my game to be a buggy mess forever. :/ I enjoy sims on console more than i have ever had on pc. The comfort of sitting on a couch is great. But the game still needs work.

Comments

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I assume the console programers are a different group than the PC gurus. I thought I read a special group was localizing the game for console. That group may also not be able to reproduce the bug on their end or are still troubleshooting a solution.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I agree, I wish the game got more patches too. It really needs it.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I agree we do need a patch, I'm not a developer so I have no idea how hard it is to develop for console so maybe it takes a long time. Been waiting on that roof update since November lol. I do know that with patched they have to be run through PlayStation/Microsoft too before they are released live.
    I wonder when we will get the next patch..
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    I’d say we’d have to get one before GTW. I have a feeling we will only get patches when a new GP or EP comes out. Not so much the random patches that pc gets.
  • plus1Diamondplus1Diamond Posts: 25 Member
    I've been following Sim Guru Nick on twitter & he's making it sound like to me that one is coming really soon, but you know how he always says he legally restricted from giving an exact date or timeframe.
    I've been following Sim Guru Nick on twitter & he's making it sound like to me that one is coming really soon, but you know how he always says he legally restricted from giving an exact date or timeframe.

Hopefully next week there will be a patch prior to get to work coming out
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member

Yeah, I'm almost certain we will get an update before Get to Work is released.
    He/Him
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I still want the better experiences in restaurants and not have my sim starve to death before they get their food.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

According to SimsCommunity the patch is this week.
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member

According to SimsCommunity the patch is this week.

That makes me excited. :) we are in dire need of one. If only they would throw in a Gallery. ;)
    I was hoping it would be today so fingers crossed for tomorrow as it doesn't look like it will be today now. I have a feeling it may be Thursday.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    All platforms need an emergency fix for the apartments. Also, players without GTW can't use skill books any more.
  • SunnySevereSunnySevere Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a glitch atm where I tell my sim to make a drink and she magically makes fruitcake appear. At the dinner party I threw, fruitcake covered the floor in front of the bar. The guests ate it at least. Would be great if that could be fixed though! lol
  • antonio26298antonio26298 Posts: 32 Member
    We need an update now, the game have a lot of bugs and it´s very laggy
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Rindle Rose is now making the game crash 90% of the time whenever I try to play it or enter Build Mode. It starts loading then just as it's nearly complete, the game crashes saying an error has occurred.
    2quwd7.gif

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    rekandtrs wrote: »
    I’d say we’d have to get one before GTW. I have a feeling we will only get patches when a new GP or EP comes out. Not so much the random patches that pc gets.
    I still want the better experiences in restaurants and not have my sim starve to death before they get their food.

I've given up on them completely.
    They really ruin my mood with the endless waiting for the meal to arrive :(
    Sorry to hear its still an issue for you to :(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Rindle Rose is now making the game crash 90% of the time whenever I try to play it or enter Build Mode. It starts loading then just as it's nearly complete, the game crashes saying an error has occurred.

Tagging @SimGuruNick.
    edited March 2018
    LOW wrote: »
    Can well get some of the EA made lots in this next update please

Yes that would be awesome.

Also

Hoping whole lot more means the photography skill. I"d like to play around with it before Get To Work comes out Tuesday.
    marcel21 wrote: »
    rekandtrs wrote: »

I've given up on them completely.
    They really ruin my mood with the endless waiting for the meal to arrive :(
    Sorry to hear its still an issue for you to :(

For me the booth that comes with one of the premade restuarents is broken. It's the one that allows sims to sit next to each other and feed each other a bite. When clicking on it to choose it it's greyed out or either there is another sim or sims sitting there.
    It should have released today. Maybe tomorrow.
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited March 2018
    There is a new patch for the game available.

Full patch notes here.

-Mage
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Can console players use apartments without the furniture bug (all chairs and things on counters disappear when you visit your neighbors)?
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    How do we get the Grim Guitar that comes with the new patch?