Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is my first pet stuff pack actually worth it.

I have not bought it yet and I am seriously considering to skip it as well honestly a few people have said if they did not have to review it for the channel they would not have bought it. I wont lie that sends me slightly mixed signals on if this pack is worth it or not. I am honestly not sure if there is anything worth getting for this pack or not.

Comments

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    if you don't like putting clothes on pets or are seriously passionate about having a hamster/hedgehog/bubalus object-type pet then it'll be a waste of your money. I like the items and the little pets even though they're basically babies aka interactable objects so for me it was worth it. for you, however, that may not be the case. I don't think this is a pack you'll enjoy much.
    6riwm5.png
  • OddzballOddzball Posts: 141 Member
    edited March 2018
    She beat me to it. If you already have C&D, I'd say yes. But she pretty much sums it up nicely. Dress your pets, have a Hamster.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I bought it....but for anyone that has to be more selective about spending $10, I don't think it's worth it unless you really, really like dressing up your pets and/or you're obsessed with hamsters. The hamsters are pretty limited. There is a lot of pet clothing in the pack....which you won't use unless you like to dress up pets.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yet another pack I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    edited March 2018
    if you don't like putting clothes on pets or are seriously passionate about having a hamster/hedgehog/bubalus object-type pet then it'll be a waste of your money. I like the items and the little pets even though they're basically babies aka interactable objects so for me it was worth it. for you, however, that may not be the case. I don't think this is a pack you'll enjoy much.

Could’ve used this comment before I bought it

zkfknn.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    I have not bought it yet and I am seriously considering to skip it as well honestly a few people have said if they did not have to review it for the channel they would not have bought it. I wont lie that sends me slightly mixed signals on if this pack is worth it or not. I am honestly not sure if there is anything worth getting for this pack or not.

Yes
    What you're getting if you buy this pack

A lot more choices in animal clothing

Holiday Onesies that look like the holiday sweaters for toddlers,children,cats,small dogs and big dogs.

More Pet Beds. There were only 2 in Cats and Dogs.

More Litter Boxes and Pet Toy containers.

A round aquarium coffee table with fish.

Rodent pens with hamsters,rats and 2 other rodent choices.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Based on your track record I’m gonna go ahead and say no you probably won’t enjoy this pack. If I were you I wouldn’t buy it, but only you can make that choice. I haven’t bought it, and have no plans to do so either.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    I bought it....but for anyone that has to be more selective about spending $10, I don't think it's worth it unless you really, really like dressing up your pets and/or you're obsessed with hamsters. The hamsters are pretty limited. There is a lot of pet clothing in the pack....which you won't use unless you like to dress up pets.

The aquarium coffee table alone makes this pack worth it. Of course I love aquariums.
  • OddzballOddzball Posts: 141 Member

The aquarium coffee table alone makes this pack worth it. Of course I love aquariums.

You also clearly love cats. OMG that cat picture for your avatar is cute.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited March 2018

I like the aquarium don't get me wrong but this pack is so wrong on every level I mean we just got Cats & Dogs and then 4 months later this pack comes out. Which I feel like the furniture should have been included in the EP. I am all for SP filling the void for stuff that can't fit into EP and GP but this pack isn't worth paying 10 dollars for. I am also not the biggest fan of dressing cats or dogs when I don't even like Pets in this series or any sims series it's not my favorite thing on top of this pack that is lackluster and very little in it.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited March 2018

Except it doesn't even function like the other aquariums....you can't put fish in it, your sims can't "view" it and you can't set the lighting for it. I definitely wouldn't pay $10 just for that item.
    HueyJefe wrote: »

There was a developer livestream several days before the pack launch that showed basically the entire pack....all the CAS items, all the Build/Buy items and the whole hamster thing. When they show us the entire pack before it's released, there is really nothing else that anyone needs to know as far as what they are buying.
  • waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    How much I want the coffee table and cute activity table I will not be wasting my money on the SP. After seeing plenty of YouTube reviews, Even from EA sponsored simmers, Im not bothering. The Stuff pack had way too much negative feedback from plenty of simmers that see it as a cash cow. Also I don't like how they've split up content from the EP.
    If this is the future of Stuff packs I don't want to be involved in the Cheap, Lazy, pack splitting cash cow. No thank you EA. Same goes for EP's.
    Maybe it wouldn't of hit Simmers so hard if it wasn't still so close to the released Cats and dogs EP. Maybe if they waited a year, then it would of been easier to swallow! :(

Except it doesn't even function like the other aquariums....you can't put fish in it, your sims can't "view" it and you can't set the lighting for it. I definitely wouldn't pay $10 just for that item.

There was a developer livestream several days before the pack launch that showed basically the entire pack....all the CAS items, all the Build/Buy items and the whole hamster thing. When they show us the entire pack before it's released, there is really nothing else that anyone needs to know as far as what they are buying.

Those things are boring to me.
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    Only you can make that decision. If you like dressing up your sim cats and dogs, would like to have the hamsters etc. in the game, like the build/buy objects (the fish coffee table is awesome imo), and want the rabid rodent fever and new death, then I'd say buy it. However, if you have no use for clothing for your sim pets, are not interested in having the hamsters etc., don't like that you can't feed the fish in the coffee table (and that they're not interactable), don't like that some of the cas and many of the build/buy objects are recolors of already existing objects, and are really upset with how ea delivered this pack, then I'd say don't buy it.

Based on your previous posts, I don't think you'd like this pack. :)
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited March 2018
    This pack sounds ALMOST as bad as the (Sims3) Katy Perry Sweet Treats! Only good thing about Sweet Treats was that it was a stand alone pack!

EDIT: I'm seriously considering about passing on this pack!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Watch some reviews and take a good look at what's in this pack. We can't decide for you if this is something you'll like. If you don't own Cats&Dogs I recommend NOT buying as you won't have access to all of the new stuff in this pack (and yes you can still put down a litter box but why would you do that without owning a cat). Ten dollars is a lot of money if you can't have access to everything.

I've watched a few reviews and playthroughs (I don't own the pack). The rodent doesn't seem to add a lot in my personal opinion. Of course they take off in their rocket ships every once in a while, but how soon will that animation feel a bit tired and "been there, done that" to you? You can feed them and hold them but they're stuck to their cage (when they're not off to space). The playing with the hamster animation isn't that great (too short) in my personal opinion. It has always been that way but they do cost a big amount of money this time around, with them being the gameplay item of a stuff pack I mean. I do find it very cute that the other pets seem to radiate towards the cage. Kids can study them as homework and the notorious disease from TS1 makes a return which is cool. Unless you've been craving the addition of a hamster and a new death/sickness I wouldn't go for it.
    There aren't a lot of new CAS-items, except for cats and dogs but those are mostly rehashes and the question is if you frequently use outfits for pets.
    The furniture is mostly for kids and fits in with some of the kids furniture of the EP, so if you use those often it might be a nice addition to have other furniture with the same styling and colors. A lot of people are in love with the new aquarium/table and I also think it looks nice.
    You obviously get some new stuff for cats and dogs but in my personal opinion there still isn't a lot of diversity when it comes to dogbeds (yes yes a lot of colors but not a lot of different types).

I personally don't think that one virtual object is worth 10 dollars to be quite honest. I'd rather spend my money on something else so I personally don't think that the coffee table alone makes the pack worth it. Maybe if I were wealthy but I'm not.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    To me it was worth it. I really wanted a smaller pet, although I wanted more than one type of pet. And the stuff in buy mode is really cute if you like decorating kids rooms like I do. There could have been way more clothes and hair for sims though. Instead of tons of rehashed pet clothes, but eh.

What I don't get though, is when people complain about the new pet being an object. The small pets have always been more or less an object. Just a thing you interact with, but a nice thing nonetheless. And this pet does a lot more than the previous ones.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    This pack sounds ALMOST as bad as the (Sims3) Katy Perry Sweet Treats! Only good thing about Sweet Treats was that it was a stand alone pack!

I bought KPST on sale -- while I don't like the items, the items are at least original. Was it worth $20? It was barely worth the $5 I spent on it for all the use I give it. But for people who like that kind of whimsy, it gave a lot of new content including new venues.

Generally, I think Sims 4 Stuff Packs are a much better deal than Sims 3 Stuff Packs, but I think the Sims 3 EPs blow Sims 4 EPs out of the water in terms of content.
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited March 2018
    My boyfriend bought the SP today and is totally in love with his Sim's pet hedge hog. But then he loves hedge hogs as pets in real life. We don't have one. He has a thieving catsnake (ferret.) :D So if you want the SP for the small pets then yes, it's worth the money.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    edited March 2018
    nope, and this is someone that has bought most of the stuff packs, most of the content is just reskinned or left overs of c&d. the only "good" gameplay object is literally just an object like babies are.
    edited March 2018
    Okay I’m not gonna lie, the fish table looks cool or whatever...
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018

Not technically on the Katy Perry Pack - it was costumes (from Katy Perry's California Girl Tour) mainly useful in the singing career of the Showtime EP. So it was technically an sp for an ep also - even though the argument can be made you did not NEED the ep to use it - I have to question that opinion seeing as regular clothes it looked ridiculous but did look good as show costumes. I owned it and the only time I used it outside of the pool lot and ice cream lot was for the shows my Katy Perry Sim put on stage in Sims 3. (Keep in mind this pack was 20 dollars).

As for the small furry pets pack we just got - I like it. Helps me make a cheery looking happy place for fun families and their pets. I also could see some of the furniture as looking cute in a child/toddler related restaurant, play house, or even a nursery school... which are just ideas I have. I am particularly fond of the Pygmy Hedgehog and the Void Creature and look forward to having these additions to my game.

But is it worth it: well that is question only you can decide. To me, yes.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited March 2018

Those things are boring to me.

Then you assumed the risk when you bought the pack....there are livestreams from the developers....summary videos/reviews from YouTubers....fansites that give a rundown of the pack and post images of all of the items....and the embargo on those third-party sites and videos is lifted the day before the pack is released for sale. There was a thread maintained here in the forums with all the developer comments and answers to questions about the pack leading up to its release. So I'm not sure how anyone could buy this pack, apparently not really knowing what's in it, and say they could've have used a 3 sentence description of the pack from a forum poster before they bought the pack. There was plenty of information about this pack available before purchase (just like all the other packs)....so if someone didn't want to spend any effort looking at that information before buying the pack and chose to be an uninformed buyer, then that's on them.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Felicity wrote: »

I bought KPST on sale -- while I don't like the items, the items are at least original. Was it worth $20? It was barely worth the $5 I spent on it for all the use I give it. But for people who like that kind of whimsy, it gave a lot of new content including new venues.

Generally, I think Sims 4 Stuff Packs are a much better deal than Sims 3 Stuff Packs, but I think the Sims 3 EPs blow Sims 4 EPs out of the water in terms of content.
    That pack wasn't 20 dollars it was 30 dollars. Plus it was one of the worst packs because all the townies would walk around in those clothes.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641