Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods are not working?

Before C&D ep I had some mods furniture (beds, sofas), and all was good, but after download new ep everything not working! It is in the menu but when I buy - it invisible :((
Is it only me or something happened with mods?

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    We had a massive patch on Tuesday to prep for the Cats & Dogs EP that has basically broken mos CC & Mods especially script mods. So, the best thing you can do is pull out your mods folder, add stuff back in small amounts, note what's broken and then see if the creators have updated it. Because the game engineers have basically recoded the entire game for the pets.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Before C&D ep I had some mods furniture (beds, sofas), and all was good, but after download new ep everything not working! It is in the menu but when I buy - it invisible :((

All CC sofas are broken at the moment. CC beds can be batch-fixed in the new Sims 4 Studio. Lots more info here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1?new=1
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    I took out all of my mods for now and I'm playing clean. When I updated my game with the latest patch, all of my old mods came back that I thought I had deleted ages ago. I don't even know how that happened.... I actually went crazy with the CC. But truth to tell, I'm enjoying my game CC free for now...
  • moonmaidenmoonmaiden Posts: 17 Member
    This game has been such a headache for me thus far. I was so excited to start playing this weekend, but nothing, literally NOTHING works. It started with me calling the pet adoption people to bring over a pet. Then certain actions with the puppy would make my sim glitch out and not do the action. This includes "Adopt".. so yeah, I cant even adopt a pet. After I gave up on that, I noticed other things making my sims glitch too. They are literally starving to death because my game allows them to make food, but not eat it? Really hope all these issues get fixed. Cant even play my game.
    TS4 Gallery: moonmaiden17
    Discord: moonmaiden#1752
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    JadedJane wrote: »
    I took out all of my mods for now and I'm playing clean. When I updated my game with the latest patch, all of my old mods came back that I thought I had deleted ages ago. I don't even know how that happened.... I actually went crazy with the CC. But truth to tell, I'm enjoying my game CC free for now...

I did the same thing. Removed my folder before the download. It's nice! I am going to have to mod the eyelashes though. That's the only one I'm really missing.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2017
    agirardi93 wrote: »
    This game has been such a headache for me thus far. I was so excited to start playing this weekend, but nothing, literally NOTHING works. It started with me calling the pet adoption people to bring over a pet. Then certain actions with the puppy would make my sim glitch out and not do the action. This includes "Adopt".. so yeah, I cant even adopt a pet. After I gave up on that, I noticed other things making my sims glitch too. They are literally starving to death because my game allows them to make food, but not eat it? Really hope all these issues get fixed. Cant even play my game.

CC is causing most of these issues, particularly sofas and loveseats. You can wait for a Sims 4 Studio update so that you can batch-fix your CC or you can pull it out. Maxis isn't responsible for Simmer-created content.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »

I did the same thing. Removed my folder before the download. It's nice! I am going to have to mod the eyelashes though. That's the only one I'm really missing.

If you use Kijiko's eyelashes, she has updated them for this pack http://kijiko-catfood.com/3d-lashes-version2-for-skin-detail-experimental/
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member

If you use Kijiko's eyelashes, she has updated them for this pack http://kijiko-catfood.com/3d-lashes-version2-for-skin-detail-experimental/

Thank you!! It looks like she's experimenting with placement. Have you tried them out yet?
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

Thank you!! It looks like she's experimenting with placement. Have you tried them out yet?

No, sorry not yet.

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Are cc counters broken?
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Are cc counters broken?

yes
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    I don't like all furniture in the game, I use what I download myself but now nothing working (beds and sofas) :(((((
    Can I fix it? or need to wait till EA does something?
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Can I fix it? or need to wait till EA does something?

EA has no obligation to fix outside content. The people who create the content are the ones who need to fix it....otherwise you need to remove it and say goodbye to it if they don't update it.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Patches will usually break mods/CC, especially when EPs are released. For Cats & Dogs they totally reprogrammed most of the furniture so that animals can interact with them (crawl under, jump on, sleep on, etc.) so of course any CC would have to have those same interactions added in the code. You'll have to go back to the place you downloaded the CC and see if it's been updated, or just pull the CC out of your game (maybe keep them in another folder on the desktop to keep track of the pieces you had) and go with no CC until you're sure the pieces you want have been updated.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    Honestly, I just loaded my game to play for the first time since the patch and everything is failing. So I just exited and gave up. I don't have the time or energy to play like I used to so when I do, I just want everything to work!

What are the chances that surfaces and sofas will get batched fixed do you think? I have so much CC and I don't have the time to chase after each update, especially since I don't know where I got all this stuff!
    This happened before didn't it? And S4Studio batched it?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif

Patches will usually break mods/CC, especially when EPs are released. For Cats & Dogs they totally reprogrammed most of the furniture so that animals can interact with them (crawl under, jump on, sleep on, etc.) so of course any CC would have to have those same interactions added in the code. You'll have to go back to the place you downloaded the CC and see if it's been updated, or just pull the CC out of your game (maybe keep them in another folder on the desktop to keep track of the pieces you had) and go with no CC until you're sure the pieces you want have been updated.

"the place you downloaded the CC" - do you mean website when I get it?
    And who should update?
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Honestly, I just loaded my game to play for the first time since the patch and everything is failing. So I just exited and gave up. I don't have the time or energy to play like I used to so when I do, I just want everything to work!

What are the chances that surfaces and sofas will get batched fixed do you think? I have so much CC and I don't have the time to chase after each update, especially since I don't know where I got all this stuff!

Batch fixes are out for most of the broken CC, so you just need to DL the new version of S4S

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

Same for me. Everything was failed!
    I just update my laptop, then game, then I move mu house holds, then sold furniture that was not working. Then I realized this is CC not working! :((
    So now my game is ok, but without CC which makes me soo sad! My home there become so ugly!
    So now my game is ok, but without CC which makes me soo sad! My home there become so ugly!

i know! Building is my fave part of the game. i can’t/won’t play without cc!!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif

i know! Building is my fave part of the game. i can’t/won’t play without cc!!

So what to do? I don't like it now. I want my furniture that I download. Where should I check update for that? And who should update? or EP will??
    "go with no CC until you're sure the pieces you want have been updated"
    How i'll know that it have been updated?
    Does anyone know if S4S has fixed CC counters, chairs tables?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Triggers_SimmerTriggers_Simmer Posts: 1 New Member
    I was playing sims and then i logged off. When i logged back in no one in my family had clothes that came in the packs. Not even sims i don't play with. I tried turning off CC and mods then logged off and still no one has clothes. Can anyone tell what to do
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    I was playing sims and then i logged off. When i logged back in no one in my family had clothes that came in the packs. Not even sims i don't play with. I tried turning off CC and mods then logged off and still no one has clothes. Can anyone tell what to do
    Hello @Triggers_Simmer
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair