Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lazy Gamer Reviews My First Pet

Comments

• Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    I agree with everything in his review and, as others have said, kudos to him for donating $50 to an animal charity!

I was on the fence about buying this stuff pack but I'm definitely not going to now since the more purchases it gets, the more likely it is that EA will try to do something like this again in the future. So I think I'll donate the money to my local animal shelter instead like LGR and other Simmers have been doing :)
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2018
    If you're going to donate your money, donate it to a kid's charity or something instead of going with a fad to give it to animal charities.

Also, I should warn guys that those charities will hand your details around as somebody who is charitable so you might just want to stuff $10 in your local charity store charity jar rather than giving online.

To be ABSOLUTELY honest, now that I've seen some reviews of this pack, I don't know how keen I am to get it. I mean, I was hopeful. Totally hopeful. I hoped that the furniture would be properly new for the pack. While everybody else (okay, not everybody, but all the really loud people) was saying the pack would be terrible and they'd never get it, I was saying, "Let's not base our judgements on a trailer. Let's wait until it comes out."

Then I end up looking like a chump because they're all right.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

That would get pretty obnoxious quick after the first two or three times of doing it, even more so if you have larger families that contract it.

I guess, but i imagine it more like a food recipe where you could make a total of 8 plates so everyone could share. But its not random, you can only contract it if the cage is dirty, right? Keeping your home clean is already part of the sims anyway otherwise you'll get vermin, so unless you neglect it, you wont get it.

Actually im not sure if even vermin is in sims 4.

We need more consequences in the game imo, adding something like this seems like fun, not a nuisance. But thats just my opinion.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited March 2018
    Nevermind.
    Post edited by Katlyn2525 on
    Something I can see happening - after watching Deligracy's review - is that if this pack is a genuine success, EA will throw imagination out of the window and make a ton more clothes for Cats&Dogs based on clothes in the other packs. That worries me much more, really, because your pet can only wear one thing at a time so you get much less use out of extra pet clothes than you do out of Stuff.

A lot of those clothes are based on clothes from other packs too.Like the Toddler Stuff Bee.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Quick reminder folks, this thread is to discuss the LGR review on the content. Please keep the discussion on topic.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

Gotcha. Sorry.

LGR is entertaining but I don't think people should base their decision to purchase on his 'review', since it's far too much of an opinion this time around. In my opinion, anyway. The word 'review' in the title is rather... misleading. You could say he goes off topic a few times himself.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Like I said before, I agree with him on this one.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited March 2018
    Aine wrote: »
    Yeah what bothers me the most is that they might try doing the exact same thing with the next expansion pack - cutting up content and selling parts of it in stuff packs etc. It worries me tbh.

I hope not. I'd rather we get new content in SPs then something from expansion packs granted I really do like this pack. Even though my opinions on this pack are different then Lazy Gamers the way he did this review made me laugh.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited March 2018
    I agree with him. I will admit that what bothers me most is the broken-up furniture set and I'm glad he showed that. C&D felt slim to me content-wise (I even complained about that here). Finding more items that are a part of a furniture set from C&D really makes me feel like they took content out to make a stuff pack.

I don't mind the recolors of existing clothing so much, but I'm glad he highlighted that as well. Just.. bah humbug ;)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yeah what bothers me the most is that they might try doing the exact same thing with the next expansion pack - cutting up content and selling parts of it in stuff packs etc. It worries me tbh.

This stuff pack was especially blatant about it. That's not good and it concerns me too.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    So, I guess My First Pet review by LGR is a thumbs down. I wasn't planning on getting it anyway. After watching his review, I'm glad I didn't. This is probably my "Katy Perry: Sweet Treats" of Sims 4. Didn't buy that one either. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    edited March 2018

This !

And also, I agree with LGR's review. I didn't buy the SP, and do not plan to do so, unless it comes on sale for 5$ which I believe is it's true value price.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Kurotard wrote: »
    Ah snap. Someone beat me to it.

Don't worry about it. I put mine up this afternoon but your welcome to join it.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    If you're going to donate your money, donate it to a kid's charity or something instead of going with a fad to give it to animal charities.

Also, I should warn guys that those charities will hand your details around as somebody who is charitable so you might just want to stuff $10 in your local charity store charity jar rather than giving online.

To be ABSOLUTELY honest, now that I've seen some reviews of this pack, I don't know how keen I am to get it. I mean, I was hopeful. Totally hopeful. I hoped that the furniture would be properly new for the pack. While everybody else (okay, not everybody, but all the really loud people) was saying the pack would be terrible and they'd never get it, I was saying, "Let's not base our judgements on a trailer. Let's wait until it comes out."

Then I end up looking like a chump because they're all right.

It's a pack...about (one's first) pet(s)...of course he's going to give to an animal charity, out of all potential charities. Any type of charity is worth donating to in theory, kids vs pets it doesn't matter. If the cause is real and the charity is legit; then it's a good thing to do. Online just gives you a (much much wider) variety of choices.

~~

Anyway, I agree wholeheartedly with the opinions in the review and thought the review was decent. He could've gone in a bit more details about various things, but it was pretty obvious he was still very tired/heated over the whole thing and honestly I don't blame him.

And tbh, I was even more surprised how bad the pack was in terms of proportion to objects that were essentially required to have C&D to have versus ones that were just universal and you could use without having to buy C&D. Like, nearly 50% of the items of the pack. Non-pet CAS stuff was absolutely bare bones, much of which was just reskins; which isn't THAT big of a deal normally but when you have such a small selection...it just makes it much more frustrating especially if you don't have C&D.

I'm gonna agree with him in that I think the pack should've just been 100% catered to C&D only or at least content should've been much more spread out throughout various other packs (he talks about this in the comments, and brings up a good point).

Both hairstyles look like messes. The female one wouldn't be too bad if it didn't have 3 layers in the back, what on earth. The furniture looks nice and the rodents are cute, but it really is just hard for me to justify the price when a good portion of the content should've been in C&D.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited March 2018
    Loanet wrote: »
    Deep breaths, me.

Okay, this review feels really, REALLY lazy to me. Simply put, LGR skims over pretty much everything in favour of concentrating on telling us that not the entire pack can be played without the C&D expansion. Kind of missing the fact that people WITH the C&D expansion are the ones it's aimed at, skimming over the gameplay object in three seconds,not showing the many, many MANY swatches for the items, which is a shame because most of them actually change the shape of the item.

Now I'm glad that LGR speaks his mind and doesn't squee like a fangirl. But I don't think of this as a review. More like another rant about MFP (some of which make reasonable points), and we have plenty of those. His just came out AFTER the game was released.

I mean, this was a Stuff Pack. I knew from the start that he wouldn't advise anybody to get it.

Also, that $50? WHY? A guy already has C&D and thought it was pretty good, then bought MFP... How about he start a trend of donating that $50 to a children's charity instead? Cuz y'know, FIRST PET? All that kid-based stuff? It was a publicity stunt.

This is the part that got me I noticed it too.. but then again I bought the pack and pulled most of it out. Most.. because I was satisfied with what I looked through but I saw a lot more than what was shown in the video. I'm not going to go into a detailed analysis but he showed the rat splat looking rug... but there are many different ones ladybug, turtle ect, square ones both plain and with animal print patterns ect. He also did the same thing with the two pet beds, showing them in brown and doing the doghouse bit. Funny yes.. appealing to his audience, check. Showing the product throughly.. no. I think he didn't show them because he wanted to ho-hum it, focus on "24", whats going wrong in his opinion and entertain. That's okay might I add but .. as for fair and unbiased, no....it's not a full review it's a statement. Thing is he could have splayed them out and still done the snark bit about re-texturing. Right? Shown the pack and got in the digs too. He does show some things later as he's talking about the pack but you can't tell what's what.
    Another thing that stuck out like a sore thumb to me was lining up 4 yellow cages.. the most obnoxious color in this simmers opinion. I mean he took the time to pull out each cage I think. Why not show different colors. Again.. entertainment and snark, and showing the variety imo makes it look better. As it was for grins I turned off his voice and watched the show a second time through.. and still liked the content. To me it's like his review is just geared to entertain those that agree with his stance AND that's okay might I add again. Same as someone bubbling over with joy when presenting. I usually don't watch reviews.. any of them. I watched more this time just because of the turmoil.. for my own entertainment. Not to see what they had to say. I don't need to. I enjoy the product and I'm not on the fence. I can see the content when the Gurus do a livestream. I guess one day it's possible I'll get a pack that I hate after playing with it but it hasn't happened yet and I'm not holding my breath that it will.
    Anyway, I don't believe his reviews covers it all, or "nails it" and definitely not this time. They do cover some, voice his opinion and entertain. That's okay. For someone that wants to see what's in the pack though.. it could show a lot more.
    Am I mad though?.. Nope, quite the opposite, it's entertaining.
    egTcBMc.png
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Buying the rest of the Cats and Dogs expansion pack is exactly how I see it.
    $50 total.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Buying the rest of the Cats and Dogs expansion pack is exactly how I see it.
    $50 total.

It's actually $30 right now. :*
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    Ah.. I love his review.
    - the single stupidest pack
    - HOW GENEROUS!

Hahahahahah
    He’s the best sims reviewer :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top