Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• xManicMelodicxxManicMelodicx Posts: 165 Member
    Theme for the week: A Converted Garage
    Gallery name of room : Garage Art Studio
    Origin id : ManicMelodic
    Pictures of the room : I can't post images or links yet, so they are here in this imgur gallery: imgur.com/a/q3Ozj

Firstt time doing this, I've wanted to try this out for a while though! And itt was really fun,to do!

In my mind, I saw Amy as ann artist, so in my world she is the leader of an arts club, and the garage is a space she can relax with her club members and pursue their hobbyy and/or just sit and have a nice drinkk. :)
    9517953f7d116bed59d3d8860ae452cd27577c24_hq.gif
    Origin ID: ManicMelodic
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited March 2018

Gallery name of room : Garage Art Studio
    Pictures of the room : I can't post images or links yet, so they are here in this imgur gallery: imgur.com/a/q3Ozj

Firstt time doing this, I've wanted to try this out for a while though! And itt was really fun,to do!

In my mind, I saw Amy as ann artist, so in my world she is the leader of an arts club, and the garage is a space she can relax with her club members and pursue their hobbyy and/or just sit and have a nice drinkk. :)

sYWISA3.png
    F9Q0u3u.png

LTgdfWA.png
    t1dEI6K.png
    ezKF2kQ.png

ZqDIZn8.png

Hello @xManicMelodicx :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much for your special art themed converted garage room! It looks great! I will look forward to you entering future room challenges also !
    I have posted some of your photos from your imgur link.
    I will be back soon to post about your very nice room, but just wanted to welcome you first :)
    The art studio themed design of Garage Art Studio looks very nice! @xManicMelodicx :) Very nice furnishing and layout of the room! The pink and blue coloured walls and furnishings look so very effective! It suits the artistic theme well, and the patterned floor print adds a great look to the room. It is great that the woodwork table remains from when it was a garage. Sims will enjoy doing wood crafting on it. The items that been crafted look nice placed on the wall shelving.The piping is a great touch on the wall! It looks very nice how the easels have been set up for the sims to enjoy doing painting in the room. The newspapers on the floor look great there! The art decor items in the room looks great! The wall murals they have painted look very nice and the garage door mural suits the theme so very well! The colourful different shades of colour door looks very nice. Very nice stylish black sofa seat sitting area. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there having a cup of tea and a chat when taking a break from painting. The mugs rack looks great there, and it is good that there is a sink in the room. It is nice there are hanging art aprons for sims to wear when painting. The pictures look very nice on the walls of the room!
    The furnishing of Amy’s art club studio looks very nice! Thank you again for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • AlyRay96AlyRay96 Posts: 65 Member
    @ManicMelodic I think your art garage looks very nice! Its vibrant yet very relaxing and I could spend a long time in there myself!
    “Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever you were going to do anyway.“
  • AlyRay96AlyRay96 Posts: 65 Member
    ENTRY FORM
    ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY-FOURTH CHALLENGE
    The theme for the week : A converted garage

Origin ID: alyray96
    Name of Room: Creative Corner
    Notes: Amy wanted a space where she could be productive, have fun, relax, and work on her skills. Room has a sauna (Couldn't place door because it would section off), yoga, meditation, fireplace, easel, mural, piano, guitar, violin, microphone and laundry.
    Pictures of room:
    h3yj3IE.jpg
    8xjDsda.jpg
    yIkpKHj.jpg
    usAqOdW.jpg
    jJxNV3d.jpg
    pzYDjva.jpg
    “Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever you were going to do anyway.“
    The design of Creative Corner looks very nice! @AlyRay96 :) It is great that it is a room where Amy can enjoy doing such a nice variety of activities! It will be helpful, relaxing, as well as enjoyable for her to spend time in her special room! The brown colour of the walls looks very nice, to reflect it was a garage. Very nice corner art nook for her to enjoy painting on the easel , and the newspapers look great placed under the easel. She will also enjoy painting on the mural, singing using the microphone and playing a tune on the piano, violin and guitar . The floor rug under the piano adds a nice look to the room! The aroma of the incense that is on the table will be very nice filling the room.Very nice laundry nook area for her to do her washing and drying in the machines whilst she enjoys doing other activities in the room. The machines, hampers, wall shelving and sunny sunflowers picture looks great there! It is very nice that there is a fireplace to keep Amy warm whilst she is in the room. She will enjoy taking time out from her busy day, and enjoy resting in the sauna, meditating quietly on the meditation stool, or relaxfully doing yoga on the mat. The garage doors look great!
    The furnishing of the room for her to do a variety of activities looks very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited March 2018
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A converted garage
    Origin ID: coolsim9999999
    Gallery name of room: Crazy Hamster Lady
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9BD8E7CA27ED11E88B67DE15B984DA1F?category=rooms&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    Backstory:
    Amy and Andrew are an elderly married couple who don’t drive. One of them will remodel the garage (because of not driving as a hobby or special room for them to relax. The other will remodel a room inside their house. They live in Brindleton Bay right next to the boat ramp for public transit. I chose Amy to make a relaxing room for her 12 hampsters. Everyone calls her the Crazy Hamster Lady. She even dresses as a hamster everyday!
    All 12 hamsters' names are different ways of saying "grandma," and the Sim is a grandma!
    Pictures of the room:
    uR5h10a.jpg
    bird's eye view of the room
    AhURXtv.jpg
    her granddaughters playing in "their" corner of their grandma's remodeled garage
    mklpMIt.jpg
    a close-up of the 3 of them in that part of the room
    1QFs0TU.jpg
    helping one of her granddaughters with her homework
    TAbfDBy.jpg
    grandma taking a break sitting on one of the loveseats
    NldD2LS.jpg
    studying rodents and talking to some of the hamsters
    LrOicLA.jpg
    studying rodents and talking to more of the hamsters
    ze4afvz.jpg
    studying rodents and talking to the rest of the hamsters
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• ZKirianZKirian Posts: 124 Member
    ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY-FOURTH CHALLENGE
    The theme for the week : A converted garage
    ID: ZKirian
    Gallery Name: Mancave Garage
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6D808DB627F311E8820B8330CC7221F9
    I wanted to create a man-cave space for Andrew to hang out with his buddies. It has all his hobbies and favorite ways to relax- big screen TV, gaming, his music, his workbench, and bar.

Pics:
    HenEI1B.png?1
    tCvCRbC.png
    b84iXZn.png
    XdckAfD.png
    Divw9kz.png

"Video games foster the mindset that allows creativity to grow" -Nolan Bushnell So game on.
    edited March 2018
    Crazy Hamster Lady is such a fun, colourful and creative room for Amy! @coolsim9999999 :) It looks so very great! It is fun that Amy dressed as a hamster, has 12 hamsters in the room, and each of their names means grandma! The colourful jigsaw patterned flooring looks very nice, and the big frog floor print looks great in the room! The fish themed coffee table is nice on top of the frog print. Amy would enjoy sitting resting on the love seats, looking around at the habitats where her hamsters live. The colourful frog and flower prints , and coloured connected piping look great on the walls! The nook corner for her sims grandchildren is very nice! They would enjoy doing artwork at the activities table or enjoy sitting reading at the desk table or on the cute pet chair. The postcards sent by her hamsters on the walls looks great!
    It is a very special hamster themed garage room! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    Thank you very much for your awesome and detailed review of my hamster converted garage room for Amy, a grandma who dresses as a hamster @rosemow B)! I’m really happy that you liked my backstory, and that Amy has 12 hamsters with names that mean grandma, the jigsaw puzzle flooring, the huge frog area rug, and the colored piping on the walls :D! I’m glad that you like the frog and flower decals, her granddaughters’ space with a desk, cute child’s chair, the orange activity table and the postcards that their grandma’s hamsters send home :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

The Mancave Garage for Andrew looks great! @ZKirian :) He will enjoy spending time there! The black and blue colour scheme of the room looks very nice, and the wall texture gives a great look and feel to the room! The garage door is great in the room! Very nice sofa seat sitting area for him to enjoy relaxing there watching programs on the large screen tv , playing console games, listening to radio music, and having a drink from the blue bar. It looks so very creatively great the way that you have placed the shelves on the tv wall, and placed cars, snow globes, a duck and woodwork items on them! The drinks shelves and the movies posters look great on the wall. He will enjoy eating popcorn and having coffee in his room. Nice music nook corner. He will enjoy playing the keyboard there. He will enjoy crafting items on the woodwork table in the room. It is great that there is a nook area for pets. The large floor rug adds a nice look to the room.
    The furnishing of the man cave looks great! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member

Gallery name of room : Selvadoradian Studies
    Origin id : Lissyk9

Amy is an archaeologist/ professor, so she uses the space to store her collection and continue her research. Her stuff is safe and secure, and out of the way of Andrew.

Pictures of the room :
    ruxklh.jpg
    2d7zi2c.jpg
    98g7id.jpg
    2ym9g0x.jpg
    2yy761f.jpg
    Hello @LissyK9 :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much! :) I hope that you will enjoy doing future room challenges also!

Selvadoradian Studies is a very nice archaeological room for Amy! :) Very nice layout and furnishing of the room! It looks great the way that she has stored all her collectibles items there that she has discovered on her Research adventures. The wooden walls give a very nice look and feel to the room. The mounted fish look great on the wall, the archaeological items look very nice on display on the metal shelving and the glass display wall case containing the glyph looks great! It is great that there is an archaeology table in her room for her to do archaeology work on. It is great that there is a treasure chest to hold more of her collected items. The patterned floor rugs add a very nice look to the room. Very nice curved study desk nook for her to enjoy sitting there using her computer to do research. The books, pencils, fruit pictures and tissues are nice home touches on the desk counter. It is great that there is a noticeboard, where she can put reminders of upcoming events. She will enjoy reading archaeology books from the bookcase. The crystals are a nice touch on top of the bookcase. The garage door looks great in the room!
    The furnishing of the room to Amy who is an Archaeologist Professor looks great! Thankyou very much again for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • domes05domes05 Posts: 12 New Member
    Name: Converted Garage
    Type:Career&Misc
    ID:domes05
    hashtag: #oneroomoneweekonetheme
    domes05 wrote: »
    Name: Converted Garage
    Type:Career&Misc
    ID:domes05
    hashtag: #oneroomoneweekonetheme

Hello @domes05 :)
    Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much! :)
    Because you aren't a member yet, you can't post pictures that appear , but it would be great if you would like to post some screenshots of your room here in this thread. You can upload your pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur or tinypic , then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here.,
    You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
    I can then post the pictures for you :) I will look forward to seeing pictures of your room!
  • AureliaRiddleAureliaRiddle Posts: 19 Member
    Entry Form
    Origin ID: AureliaRiddle94
    Gallery name of room: Artsy Garage
    "Have you ever dreamt of having your own studio? Since you will never be able to own a car, just renovate your garage (more or less) to fit your needs". That must have been the thought of Amy after buying a house with her husband Andrew. Now she can paint the whole night. If she really gets tired, she can sleep or nap on the sofa or watch TV when Andrew is hanging around with exactly that one friend she really doesn´t like ;)
    Pictures:
    h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/r2E1t4b
    h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/3HGL4QL
    h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/6cmsT3g
    h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/6f6w8IC
    h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/8u5WuHD

And @rosemow , could you do me once again the honor of posting my pictures?
  • AureliaRiddleAureliaRiddle Posts: 19 Member
    > @xManicMelodicx said:
    >
    >
    >
    > Theme for the week: A Converted Garage
    > Gallery name of room : Garage Art Studio
    > Origin id : ManicMelodic
    > Pictures of the room : I can't post images or links yet, so they are here in this imgur gallery: imgur.com/a/q3Ozj
    >
    > Firstt time doing this, I've wanted to try this out for a while though! And itt was really fun,to do!
    >
    > In my mind, I saw Amy as ann artist, so in my world she is the leader of an arts club, and the garage is a space she can relax with her club members and pursue their hobbyy and/or just sit and have a nice drinkk. :)

I see I wasn´t the only one thinking about an art studio. I really like your approach to it :smile:
    Entry Form
    Origin ID: AureliaRiddle94
    Gallery name of room: Artsy Garage
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/73DB415F289011E884F5650268EC9136

"Have you ever dreamt of having your own studio? Since you will never be able to own a car, just renovate your garage (more or less) to fit your needs". That must have been the thought of Amy after buying a house with her husband Andrew. Now she can paint the whole night. If she really gets tired, she can sleep or nap on the sofa or watch TV when Andrew is hanging around with exactly that one friend she really doesn´t like ;)
    Pictures:
    r2E1t4b.png

3HGL4QL.png

6cmsT3g.png

6f6w8IC.png

8u5WuHD.png

And @rosemow , could you do me once again the honor of posting my pictures?
  • nineteen80simsnineteen80sims Posts: 28 Member
    Loved all the airport lounges for last week's challenge! Loving the converted garage ideas so far, so much creativity out there! :)
  • nineteen80simsnineteen80sims Posts: 28 Member
    Theme of the week: A Converted Garage

Gallery room name: Dance & Yoga Studio

Origin ID: nineteen80sims

Gallery link: h ttps://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7D2E802D289311E88DD4650268EC9136?category=rooms&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=dance&max=50&maxis=false

Background:
    I decided to convert the garage into a room for Amy, she has a high powered stressful job and when she gets home she would like to have a space where she can unwind either by breaking down on the dancefloor or by stretching it out on the yoga mat. The garage door was converted to windows to let in some much needed light! The walls were kept in their original exposed brick/plaster and the original garage counters and shelving were kept in place (storage space always comes in handy!).

Image links are below, you can see Amy's been making use of the space already!

Image links:
    h ttps://imgur.com/SmC07d6
    h ttps://imgur.com/Y16LQO6
    h ttps://imgur.com/bFkKgE4
    h ttps://imgur.com/oiAdbgO
    h ttps://imgur.com/vg4HhhK
    h ttps://imgur.com/SE6i6PN
    h ttps://imgur.com/vVI3h4S
    The art studio design of Artsy Garage looks great! @AureliaRiddle :) The wall texture and the garage door captures well that it was a garage. Very nice nook area for Amy to retreat to her studio and enjoy watching tv , listening to CDs or napping when unwelcome friends of Andrew’s arrives! The sketches look great on the wall! The tissues, plant and fruit pictures are nice home touches on the wall shelves. It is a special touch that she has proudly placed the music trophy that she received , on the wall shelving also.The black and white floor rug adds a nice look to the area, The art decor items in the room look great! The still life decor item looks very nice placed in the corner nook with a lamp focused on it. She will enjoy painting on the easel in her art studio. The blank canvases are a nice touch on the edges of the wall, and the sunflowers on the side table would be very nice to paint in a picture.
    It is a very nice Art studio garage room! Thank you very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • xManicMelodicxxManicMelodicx Posts: 165 Member
    @rosemow @AlyRay96 @AureliaRiddle tthankyou so much for the lovely coments! :smile: everyone else rooms arre looking amazing too!

Gallery name of room : A Man's Safehaven
    Pictures of the room : imgur.com/a/MH8JJ

I enjoyed takinng part in this, so i've decided also to do an andrew version of a remodeled garage!

Andrew is very into his ggaming and sports, and is your typical bro, so the garage has become his littlee safehaven away from his wife and her friends, here in his garage he and his buddys cann relax with a refreshing drink and challenge each otherr to various games, or watchh the latest match on his tv.
    9517953f7d116bed59d3d8860ae452cd27577c24_hq.gif
    Origin ID: ManicMelodic
    edited March 2018
    Theme of the week: A Converted Garage

Gallery room name: Dance & Yoga Studio

Origin ID: nineteen80sims

Gallery link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7D2E802D289311E88DD4650268EC9136

Background:
    I decided to convert the garage into a room for Amy, she has a high powered stressful job and when she gets home she would like to have a space where she can unwind either by breaking down on the dancefloor or by stretching it out on the yoga mat. The garage door was converted to windows to let in some much needed light! The walls were kept in their original exposed brick/plaster and the original garage counters and shelving were kept in place (storage space always comes in handy!).

Image links are below, you can see Amy's been making use of the space already!

Image links:
    SmC07d6.png

Y16LQO6.png
    bFkKgE4.png

oiAdbgO.png

vg4HhhK.png

SE6i6PN.png
    vVI3h4S.png

Post edited by rosemow on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji