Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any less popular challenges you enjoy?

Hey everyone, I have been doing the legacy challenge and the 100 baby challenge for a while now and am ready to start a new challenge. What are some less popular challenges you really like?

Comments

• jazzyrocksoul88jazzyrocksoul88 Posts: 69 Member
    I've been looking for some myself...
    Be sure to check out my rendition of a Spirit Animal Legacy/Traditional Legacy Challenge Combo!
    33%20Precious%20Saraste%20and%20Ame%20Pic_zpszjgpsupi.png

The Saraste Tales Legacy Intro
    Happy Simming!
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2018
    I've kind of made my own, I'm having a normal family, but I'm working on completing all the collections. Which is actually awesome, because you have to travel all across each of the worlds, and it often involves a lot of skills :)

It gets you to explore the game because some collections need science eqipment, or rockets, gardening, fishing etc.

Somr require being part of the Science career, some require Pets etc. Some even to go on Vacation.

And the best part is the game tracks it for you in the collections :) And with each pack, more gets added.

It just gives a family some purpose.
  • jaimie_c3jaimie_c3 Posts: 44 Member
    @jackjack_k that sounds fun! I’m gonna try it
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2018
    @jaimie_c3 wrote: »
    @jackjack_k that sounds fun! I’m gonna try it

I keep all the collections in a basement :) It feels like my family are like researchers or something haha.

Also you get an achievement when you complete all the collections too, so you'll know when you finish them.

ach.jpg
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Those challenges bore me to tears, especially when it's straight cookie cutter after awhile just following a set of rules.

I find it easier and more interesting to follow your own rules for challenges opposed to following 'this'. I like to roll for my sims traits without hand picking them myself. Wanted to see how far I could get without my sim having an actual career and not doing anything like foraging, gardening, or painting. (Street musician, stand up comedian or being a bartender).

Pftt, it was difficult since there were different peak hours at certain places. Usually broke most of the time, but at least there are wasteful sims dropping cupcakes and cups of coffee all around the city. XD
    5vJrxmT.png
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm doing one right now I'm in the process of writing as I play. Basically you have to woohoo with 50 sims during the young adult stage. You must rely on the autonomous woohoo for the first woohoo. The only time you can forgo that rule is if the another sim autonomously asks you to be their boyfriend or girlfriend and your sim accepts their request. Then and only then can you instigate the first woohoo. If your sim accepts a marriage proposal you have to get married but you must keep on with the quest to woohoo with 50 sims. So you just might get married and divorced a few times. You can't end a relationship with another sim but you sure can put them through hell to make them end things with you. If you are living with a partner and they want to break up or divorce, you must honor it.
    Post edited by PsychoSimXX on

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • RadicalMissyMRadicalMissyM Posts: 41 Member
    @jackjack_k I've been looking for an answer to my question and I think you answered it, in the collections the ones with the little icon for the get to work pack, do you have to look for those objects while at work?
    @RadicalMissyM Yes for the collections that have icons, you need the either the expansion or game pack associated with them.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • jaimie_c3jaimie_c3 Posts: 44 Member
    @PsychoSimXX that sounds fun! Never heard of anything like it:)
    edited March 2018
    Oh it down right hilarious at times!!! There has been a few times where Shinya has been out on a date and he gets asked to their boyfriend. Then he gets all tense from having the noncommittal trait and walks off to flirt with someone else. The right mods that help increase the chances of autonomous actions. Not to mention the MC Command Center mod with the no strings setting enabled. I've had some events happen in my game that had me rolling. I do have to say that it is the most fun in TS3 with how deep the family tree goes and can lead to some sticky situations as the generations grow.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    I'm doing one right now I'm in the process of writing as I play. Basically you have to woohoo with 50 sims during the young adult stage. You must rely on the autonomous woohoo for the first woohoo. The only time you can forgo that rule is if the another sim autonomously asks you to be their boyfriend or girlfriend and your sim accepts their request. Then and only then can you instigate the first woohoo. If your sim accepts a marriage proposal you have to get married but you must keep on with the quest to woohoo with 50 sims. So you just might get married and divorced a few times. You can't end a relationship with another sim but you sure can put them through hell to make them end things with you. If you are living with a partner and they want to break up or divorce, you must honor it.

Actually sounds pretty fun. The autonomus first kiss, marriages and break up's are interesting.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I think my personal favorite to play was the One Room challenge where the sim had to complete the Mansion Baron aspiration without ever stepping outside of an 8x8 lot.